Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#301 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Been away since Feb, installed again last night. What gear are the cool 2H BOs running these days?

Ads
Collateral

Post#302 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Haven't seen many of those lately, but what I did see, dominator and BL, all stacking STR talis for dem deeeepppeeesssss!

Penril

Post#303 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Deeps is what i want, not gonna use a shield or guard anyone ever again :)

what the hell is Dominator gear and where do I get it?

Bozzax

Post#304 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

FO ftw
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

ragafury

Post#305 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Penril wrote:Deeps is what i want, not gonna use a shield or guard anyone ever again :)

what the hell is Dominator gear and where do I get it?
Dominator is the new SC gear.

BL is PvE Gear. The Questline will be disabled soon and replaced wit another, new questline after the end of summer.

I run:
girdle, feet, hands -> dom
complete BL for the rest.

alternative:
replace some BL with merc for more str for boni
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Collateral

Post#306 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Ah yes I forgot :S BL is getting removed for the time being. But yes merc should do the trick if you need more dakka.

Penril

Post#307 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Guildies got me full BL while I was gone so I'm not worrying about that.

So basically just farm SCs for Dominator, then mix it up with BL. Thanks.

TenTonHammer

Post#308 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Sidelined my choppa because its just not working anymore in this armor stacking, over prevalent rdps meta all the while being so group dependent

So i figured id go back to my BO with a dps-ish SnB tank with Tree hit combo, grok smash, stab you gooder shenanigans for pugging/solo play

So set wise its making it through mid tier so i dont think ill get BL anytime soon, but according to yall say that merc then decimator are good enough?

What are yall doing spec wise these days? I heard that people are dropping big brawlin and going for YMM and DYG

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#309 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:16 am

Unless you already have a BO in the group/BG, you shouldn't give up the AoE snare.

Good to see you back, Penril :)

Collateral

Post#310 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 am

I was trying out different specs. Was in full Boss some time ago, it was not bad, the dmg is nice when you reduce corp resist with WAAAAGH! and it's a great combo in a warband with sorcs. Then tried going for full Toughest, to try a snowflake build. Took CHM, KD, ap and heal tactic with 5p conq. You can be annoying for sure, and last a decent amount. I will try it again when I get 6p conq (which is not anytime soon really). I want to go 100% block and see how it performs. I really don't like that they moved CHM so far up comparing it to SMs similar ability (which he doesn't even have to spec for), but I guess I somewhat understand why they did it. Currently I'm in your cookie-cutter full Brawler THC and all that good stuff, with aoe snare. I'm snb btw, always.

For scs I'm running 5p conq and 4p BL, mostly with str talis now (never liked stacking str, but I want to see why so many people are doing it, if it's really worth it - so far doesn't seem like it tbh). Tried going dominator but I'm not sure since I had to use toughness tactic. I don't like when my toughness is lower than 600 so that's why I used it. For RvR I use full BL/3p conq with mostly defensive talis, toughness, initiative and armour, and with resist rings.

Just now I was doing some snowflaking again since I was alone online, with the Brawler spec and heal tactic. It was decent, I soloed 2 dps players and barely won the fight, then failed like a nub when I tried soloing 2 engies. It's pretty late also so my reactions are not the best :P I recently got my final genesis piece, so I tried that as well, for some healing and armour pen reduction etc. Not sure if it's a good idea since the resists are incredibly low with it for some reason.

I'm thinking about going back to CHM, ap and heal tactic, maybe with aoe snare as well. I just like the idea of being able to be really tanky, since lets be honest, BOs are the least tanky of the tanks, which for me lore wise doesn't make much sense, but eh.