[Choppa] Some questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dalsie

[Choppa] Some questions

Post#1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Just a few questions to the more experienced class players out there.
Now I know T1 is not the best indication of a class capabilities, but these questions are all based off my experience from there.

I found it really hard to burst a healer down before running out of AP. If they are considerably lower level then it's easy, but anything near equal almost always tend to run out of AP first. Can forget pretty much forget about taking down a WP

Is this a problem that persists throughout the Tier/Gear progression? (The problem of not being able to take down a healer fast enough and running out of AP 1st)
How do the other mdps classes relate in this issue?
And is there any way to manage AP more efficiently?

Again, this is solely based on my experience in T1. The toon is geared pretty much as well as can be in the Tier. Before you go saying 'lol l2p noob', some constructive feedback will be far more appreciated! :D
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Ads
magter3001

Re: [Choppa] Some questions

Post#2 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:07 pm

The problem you have is a universal one as few classes can out dps heals in tiers 1 and 2 by themselves because no one has the capability of acquiring a heal debuff at those low levels.

In terms of AP, the only thing you really have in t1 is AP pots that you either can make using apothecary or buying off the sc/orvr npc vendor. In T2 (level 21) you get your first AP regen ability, a finisher that does decent damage and restores 100 AP.

waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Thelen

Post#3 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Along with what Magter said, a well played healer should almost never be killed by a single DPS class, especially in group play and as you get higher in level and people learn how to detaunt/kite efficiently. It wouldn't make sense to play a healer if you every DPS class in the game can solo you before they run out of AP. You need to work with the other tanks and DPS classes to burst down healers with coordination with heal debuffs and CC.

Dalsie

Post#4 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Thanks gents

I'm not really too concerned with the issue in T1, was just wondering if the class has the problem at end game as well.

Have you played with the 'Easy Killin' tactic (reduce AP cost by 5 on Furious 10 when Berserk)? Is it worth taking up a tactic slot?
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

magter3001

Post#5 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Dalsie wrote:Thanks gents

I'm not really too concerned with the issue in T1, was just wondering if the class has the problem at end game as well.

Have you played with the 'Easy Killin' tactic (reduce AP cost by 5 on Furious 10 when Berserk)? Is it worth taking up a tactic slot?
No it's not worth it...

At higher levels most healers will get AP regen for their party so you should have a few extra AP from them. If you're gonna play solo, AP pots and the ability I mentioned above is the way to go. The AP tactic hampers your dps too much as there are very good tactics for Choppas to choose from. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Stortz

Post#6 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:13 am

choppa has a very steep threat curve in regards to gear and renown
a 40/40 choppa is cannon fodder and will probably just annoy your enemie's healers

by the time a choppa has tyrant/ invader gear, it becomes a kill priority on scenarios and other engagements. I've seen path of the savage choppas do almost 300k damage on scenarios with a pile of dbs on the good old 2009 iron rock days. order would know the high level choppas from the server and call them out in assist because they could brust an archmage faster than any other mdps.

the catch here is: will you endure until you're higher renown and start getting increasingly better results overtime?

Dalgrimar

Post#7 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

Stortz wrote:choppa has a very steep threat curve in regards to gear and renown
a 40/40 choppa is cannon fodder and will probably just annoy your enemie's healers

by the time a choppa has tyrant/ invader gear, it becomes a kill priority on scenarios and other engagements. I've seen path of the savage choppas do almost 300k damage on scenarios with a pile of dbs on the good old 2009 iron rock days. order would know the high level choppas from the server and call them out in assist because they could brust an archmage faster than any other mdps.

the catch here is: will you endure until you're higher renown and start getting increasingly better results overtime?
Not very true.
My choppa is r40/rr40 atm and i hit like a truck.
Dont even use flanking as i use wounds tactic instead.
Yesterday topped scoreboard with 220k dmg, to bad that sc scoreboard is bugged as you cant see db's but im rather sure i had 15+ dbs and 0 deaths.
I shrek trough clothies like a sharp knife trough soft butter.
All you have to do is manage your Berserk stance properly as the moment you get KD in Berserk and get focused you die rather quickly.
Other than that its a killing machine.
Just VERY underrated on this server.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch