Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Reinie

[SH] questions

Post#1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:34 am

hello,

I've been playing a SH for a while, never played one on life. Used to play a slayer

Now i've made it to R37 so far and i am starting to wonder about things.
I've specced heavy in the quick shooting tree.
And atm i'm just trying to dot/debuff low armour targets and then try to finish em.
i'm having a hard time getting kills whenever a healer is present tbh. Heal debuff gets cleansed all the time

Is there anything i am missing, usually i would open with yer bleeding and rotten arrer followed up by stop runnin
then i mostly shoot an explodin arrer to cover it up. Then its bassicly run n shoot and behind ya untill a timer runs out and reapply.
What can i do better?

Also ive seen a lot of SH with WS talismans, is it worth focussing on WS, or is it only when BS is maxed?

cheers
Peebs - Squig herder

formerly known as
B'hrian Bloodaxe - Slayer

Ads
Stinkyweed

Re: [SH] questions

Post#2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Welcome to the squig herder world of pain and frustration :)

The way you kill people on a SH through heals is with burst damage, or focusing.

1. Pick an assist target, and assist them. Even if you don't know them. Download Swift Assist to help with setting up an quick assisting tool.
2. Pick the right target. Tanks and high armor/toughness targets are not your friend. If you are focusing on a guarded mdps and he/she is not going down, put a little pressure on their tank (eg heal debuff).
3. Burst in live was dependant much upon AimQuick. Unfortunately, RoR does not have the AP regeneration like live so that style of has proven not as successful for me. The fortunate thing with RoR is armor values are not through the roof like live, so you CAN burst with skirmish. At lower levels the M2 morale will be your friend.
4. WS will help again higher armor targets, but so will Crit%. Make sure to Init Debuff in your standard rotation. Also toss in an Armor Debuff and use LotsArrows for a little more spike potential when the target is close to death.
5. Use Loyal Pet so your pet attacks your target.
6. With better armor and weapons at 40, your damage will increase.
7. Make sure to silence healers at the right time, and disarm melee WP (since we will be seeing more and more in the PUG SCs. ...also, save yourself some frustration and get CW2 or 3 to help you live longer.
8. I run WS talis man's because I like attacking tanks, but they are expensive. Running BS is fine until you build up the resources for more WS. ...as long as you pick targets that are most succeptable to your damage type.
9. It's a tough road as a SH, but can be very fun.
10. You are going to die, and die a lot...so screw armor and wounds and be glass.
11. You may want to ignore #10, I wish I could. If you get caught...your dead...and pounce and RKD catch you often.
12. Have a defensive set and build on the side, for when you get frustrated due to #10 above.
13. Use the morale tactic if you want to use M2 every minute...maybe at level 40 this will fit better in your build?
14. Just rambling...I am sure other SH will offer good advice.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Reinie

Post#3 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm

amazing advice, thanks!

what is CW2 - 3?

and as it seems you know your way around a SH
i've seen countless combinations of merc and anni gear with even some epic items,
What should i aim for gearwise? i am currenrly rocking ruin because of my low renown rank
weapons i am going for annihilation bow and ebon flame spear untill i get sc ones
Are there specific items i can look for?

thanks a lot =)
Peebs - Squig herder

formerly known as

ToXoS

Post#4 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Reinie wrote:amazing advice, thanks!

what is CW2 - 3?

and as it seems you know your way around a SH
i've seen countless combinations of merc and anni gear with even some epic items,
What should i aim for gearwise? i am currenrly rocking ruin because of my low renown rank
weapons i am going for annihilation bow and ebon flame spear untill i get sc ones
Are there specific items i can look for?

thanks a lot =)
CW = Cleansing Wind, at the RR trainer

Stinkyweed

Post#5 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Peebs, go to the Armory and sort by Squig Herder and Renown Rank. Look through the higher renown squig on the server for their gear setup. Just click on their name and hover over the gear slot you are interested in seeing.
The extra BS point from Annihilator gear, or QS point from Merc is nice for lower RR and you need another point to train. Building a combo of either or those, with your Ruin shoulders, and influence rewards is nice until you get close to "end" gear.
For jewels, I ran moral build and AP build for a while...then mixed in newer pieces as they became available.

I will probably go back to a full 5pc Anni for the extra point in BS to take FinishEmOff in the near future. I use the Bloodfist Shoota influence reward for base damage and crit. But I rocked the epic items for a long time...the extra DoTs on those are nice. For spear I use the SC spear...but again the Epic spear is solid...or the Elf? influence spear the lots of WS is nice also.

...working off memory so I may have misquoted my bow name.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Reinie

Post#6 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:01 pm

lots of kudos to you stinkyweed, i've been using your advice and been getting way better results!
thanks a lot for all the tips
Peebs - Squig herder

formerly known as

Ceithin

Post#7 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Im playing a SH with the following build and i really love it !

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sh; ... :5515:5516:

Helmet > Empire Influence Reward 2 in T4 (WS
Shoulders > Annihilator
Back > Empire Influence Reward 3 in T4
Body > Annihalator
Gloves > Mercenary
Belt > Empire Influence Reward 1 in T3
Boots > Mercenary

Bow > Orc Influence Reward 3 in T4
Spear > Scenario spear with ballistic crit

Jewels > Empire Inf Reward 1 in T4, 2 Boundless Band and 1 Vanguard Buckel of Accuracy

About taliman, use a 80 BS pot and check your stats. Im playing with 1053 BS with pot.
When you are full BS, then go for WS. (im at 500 or more)

About Renow points, i use full ballisic crit (45 points). Im still looking for something usefull for my last 5 points.

I tryied this build because i was exasperate about my squig. Sometimes he disapeared, refused to attack, very bug in general in my opinion.

I run this build for 1 month now and i very satisfied about it.

Vdova

Post#8 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Ceithin wrote:Im playing a SH with the following build and i really love it !

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sh; ... :5515:5516:

Helmet > Empire Influence Reward 2 in T4 (WS
Shoulders > Annihilator
Back > Empire Influence Reward 3 in T4
Body > Annihalator
Gloves > Mercenary
Belt > Empire Influence Reward 1 in T3
Boots > Mercenary

Bow > Orc Influence Reward 3 in T4
Spear > Scenario spear with ballistic crit

Jewels > Empire Inf Reward 1 in T4, 2 Boundless Band and 1 Vanguard Buckel of Accuracy

About taliman, use a 80 BS pot and check your stats. Im playing with 1053 BS with pot.
When you are full BS, then go for WS. (im at 500 or more)

About Renow points, i use full ballisic crit (45 points). Im still looking for something usefull for my last 5 points.

I tryied this build because i was exasperate about my squig. Sometimes he disapeared, refused to attack, very bug in general in my opinion.

I run this build for 1 month now and i very satisfied about it.
Without pet You dont have:
disarm for 4s(relied on pet attacks),
run away sklil(no small chargé whitch is verry usefull in solo/duo/6v6 ing, but ye useles in Warbands)
5% crit chance + AA on move or +100% armor

Behind Ya is verry, verry, verry bad sklil if you consider fact You need 14! mastery points for sklil which has 10s CD, have positional requirements and hits for about 170 more dmg than run and shoot. Tooltips: SH - Behind Ya 291dmg, SW - flankin shoot 636 dmg(more than 100% higher dmg) which has also crit chance formula in it) Behind Ya should be HEAVILY modified to be worth 14 mastery points.

Poison Arrer is again verry bad choise if You consider it does A) less dmg than SW miror B) no rezist bypasing tactic as SW mirror which leads to 60%+ of its dmg mitigation because of C) you have no corp rezist debuff. Skill has 5s CD, 3s cast time and its dodgeable/blockable.I got some 1.5k - 1.8k crits with M2(100% more dmg) with 2-2.3k dmg mitigations)

Sure if this spec fits you for your playstyle why not. I tried it and found it heavily unusable in most situations because of reasons above(less CC, les mobility, less survivability so not that impressive dmg boost for that trade-off)
Last edited by Vdova on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Ads
Stinkyweed

Post#9 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:47 am

I am not sure why the BehindYa skill doesnt have the same crit add as SW...it did on live.

Patch 1.4.7
""Behind Ya!" - Ability will scale the chance to deal critical damage upward based on the amount of life lost by the target!"
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:34 am

Can-opener build I'm running with. Exchange Pierce for ballistic buff for normal roam setup :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *