Recent Topics

Ads

Importance of AOE snare in solo tanking.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Importance of AOE snare in solo tanking.

Post#21 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Due to aforementioned reasons, I believe AOE Snare should be left alone: it requires a tactic (so many juicy tactics to choose from on the BO as it is, so you gotta give one up), it counters the KOTBS, and it costs a lot of AP to maintain (you'll find yourself using that a lot, so you sacrifice DPS for utility at times).

And what Penril said ^

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Post#22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Gerv wrote:Simple and clear, do you BO players believe that if the AoE snare was adjusted to have a 50% up-time and still hit the 9 targets, along with the snares/staggers/roots avalible from other dps nad healer classes, be able to continue to Solo tank 3-2-1 groups?
Without spilling over into other discussions. (or trying not to)

- I dont see BOs solo tank. Usually a Chosen if anything.

- When looking at solo tank as an option, I dont think AoE snare is #1 reason people would run BO and BO already has a tough time (tougher) solo tanking a group... therefore I dont think having AoE snare reduced would all the sudden make this rarity of an occurrence, any less rare. I do think AoE snare is one of the unique things BO brings to the table, and with all due respect, I dont see this being a huge issue - with the larger issue being RDPS as well all know... With latency for most players, the melee range already feels smaller than it really is so snares are a "must" for any melee player... looking at nerfing snares, I think only leans us more and more towards RDPS > MDPS which we are already pretty heavily on that side of the fence...

- I do think that to bring this "inline" with other destro tanks, this should be cleansable (as should Order corresponding as well).

* if this is angled at looking at all 3 tanks and ways to balance each of them (BG recent changes for example) I would first start with a discussion around Chosen/Knights as they are the most OP, and most boring, of all the tanks.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#23 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm

^If you could like comments I definitely would. BO is not really a solo tank, just like gatekeeper said. After playing the BO for such a long time (I'm certainly not claiming I'm the best though), chosens and knights really seem like total ez mode tanks. If you want to make BO a more 'solo' friendly tank, I think you should look at other things, as well as other tanks.

Gerv
Banned

Post#24 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm

I will chime in here myself and state that I wrote this almost 4 months ago my thought process and opinions have defiantly have changed.

This is not an indication of balance direction. Merely a topic I was trying to learn more about.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

dansari

Post#25 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Oh I didn't even realize the first post was made in January
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#26 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Post#1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am

ragafury: Necro King. Got to 3pages of replies before anyone noticed... The real question, why did no one respond initially...

Good discussion though. Even if entirely unnecessary...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

ragafury

Post#27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:06 pm

It was on page 1 greenskins. ;D
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Arteker616

Post#28 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Bozzax wrote:
Gerv wrote:Simple and clear, do you BO players believe that if the AoE snare was adjusted to have a 50% up-time and still hit the 9 targets, along with the snares/staggers/roots avalible from other dps nad healer classes, be able to continue to Solo tank 3-2-1 groups?
3-2-1 groups with a BO. Has anyone ever seen one?

To my knowledge only order can run 3-2-1 and with a Kniggit.

If you would be fortunate enough to see a 3-2-1 des in game I'd vager it is built around a Chosen.
Entodalaboca , yipikaye , axeronea , peckman , danti ,kyra. been long though . :shock:

Ads
Ugle

Post#29 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Havent seen Nycta in ages :(
inactive