Recent Topics

Ads

[Squig Herder] ability [drop that!] questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Athergic

[Squig Herder] ability [drop that!] questions

Post#1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 am

I'm really curious about the damage on this ability.
It's a core ability in the stabbin tree, it seems to only benefit from points in the tree.
The tool tip shows a higher amount of damage in squig armor but doesn't actually change the damage at all.
Even out of squig armor with renown in strength, it shows a tool tip increase but doesn't actually do more damage.

Which makes me wonder about white lions guardian tree, Are the similiar abilities like brutal pounce, and throat bite not affected by strength either?

I think pet abilities are benefited from their stats, but how do abilities like drop that and brutal pounce work?
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [Squig Herder] ability [drop that!] questions

Post#2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am

Should use your Pets stat for damage. But if tooltip goes up by increasing your own stats NOT from gear then it seems it's bugged in the client.

Athergic

Post#3 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:51 am

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm trying to get some definitive information to see if the ability might not be working as intended.
This ability isn't on the pets hot bar, its a player ability so I think it should work slightly different.

here are some screen shots I tried with and with out damage increasing tactics, even he's a big un doesn't benefit the damage none of the tactics seem to, and gear doesn't either.
The only difference in the ability damage through tests was 10 damage, which is just 10 less being mitigated by weapon skill I believe, and was only with gas squig. I only tested with horned and gas btw.

I had attached screen shots, I do not know where they are though. or how to get them on here sorry :(
Doom Diver front man

Athergic

Post#4 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:07 am

My soul seeking adventure has just left me with more questions.
I found a balance thread about white lion player induced abilities, they are the same as drop that, and are not benefiting from the WL.

To my understanding, balance posts aren't to be made if its around bugged abilities, could be wrong. So its not a bug? how do I report it?

I want to make suggestions for path of stabbin, but I have read that changes are already on the way with client control, and I don't want to cause more pain than gain for the developers.
Thanks for listening.
Doom Diver front man