Recent Topics

Ads

Are SH worth playing or are they outclassed?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
NippleWizard

Are SH worth playing or are they outclassed?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 am

I recently made a post asking about gquigherders and how to better myself and got some helpful replies that have helped me and I thank them for it. I have heard a lot though that SH isn't worth leveling due to it being outclassed by every other class. Is this true and should I look towards a new class or these just words of a defeatist. Please share your opinion :')

Ads
MorboNinja

Re: Are SH worth playing or are they outclassed?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:37 am

Let me start by answering your question with a question, do you enjoy playing a squig herder? If you do, then, play and level them, find a group to roll with and have fun. Will there be instances where you get jumped? Yes, but will there be instances of you kiting and really putting the hurt on your enemies. But overall, if you enjoy the class and mechanics, then press on with the SH and remember..those stunties aren't going to put arrers in themselves. WAAAAGH!!!

Foomy44

Post#3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 am

NippleWizard wrote:I have heard a lot though that SH isn't worth leveling due to it being outclassed by every other class.
You've been lied to. Balance changes constantly, look at some of the recent patch notes. Play what you enjoy, not what is strong right now.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:48 am

SH herder along with shadow warrior are one of the easiest classes in this game to play and also be effective with

Anyone whom told you SH gests out classed by other classes on destro is straight up lying as RDPS runs the show in T4

dansari

Post#5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 am

Pretty much. With half a brain you can kite warbands. One of the easiest classes to play.
<Salt Factory>

Jaycub

Post#6 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 am

No CD ranged HD, good survivability, ranged...

Ya you aren't going to be blowing up nerds in 2 seconds like a sorc can, but SH can fit into literally any group and do decent as a dps slot.

It's ran in the current meta 3-2-1 because you need ranged HD to have lethal pressure on targets the Mara may not be able to get to. And having 2 sorcs in a party is pretty sketchy. A good SH isn't going to be a burden for healers/tank outside of WL M1 and that's easily dealt with unless it's combined with a ton of other pressure.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Toldavf

Post#7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 am

TenTonHammer wrote:SH herder along with shadow warrior are one of the easiest classes in this game to play and also be effective with

Anyone whom told you SH gests out classed by other classes on destro is straight up lying as RDPS runs the show in T4
Pretty much this.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

wiscel

Post#8 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:52 pm

The squig sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own and the Shadowwarrior is easier to play. Still the squigherder is the character I'm having the most fun with.
Outshined by any other class? In 1 vs 1 the only class I'm having troubles with are White Lions. Other classes you can easily kill 1 vs 1. In a group squigherder gives very good support. Just try for yourself and see if it is a class that suits you.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads