Recent Topics

Ads

Remove guard macro

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

Remove guard macro

Post#1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi
Is there a macro or other funky feature that can remove a set guard so it's easier to guard swap ?
Currently I am using the the skill to add initial guard, skill again to remove it and then skill to place it again.
Would be nice to have a specific command just to remove it and apply in one go

Ads
Achilleos

Re: Remove guard macro

Post#2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:35 pm

If you are using Enemy you can set it up to swap guard upon double-clicking on the wished guard target's name in the group window.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Glorian

Post#3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Achilleos wrote:If you are using Enemy you can set it up to swap guard upon double-clicking on the wished guard target's name in the group window.
This.

Dalgrimar

Post#4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Just keybind it.
You will get used to it after some time.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm

One addon I used to use (either EBG? Or GES? forgot which one) would occasionally enable you to swap guard using the F1-F6 keys. It was very buggy, though, and would randomly stop working (hence why in my older videos you can see me using it, but I opted to go for enemy as the other one would just bug out at THE worst times).

Otherwise, what dalgri said is true.

Scrilian

Post#6 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:58 pm

I'd say it's time for the Guard to be reapplied/swapped with only one click, instead of rather unintuitive two, since there's no indication if you removed it successfully or not and in the heat of combat more often than not you sort of overclick it sometimes :C
Not sure how to present this to the devs, since it's not a balance related proposal nor a bug fix, but a great quality of life improvement.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Glorian

Post#7 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Well if you use enemy addon you see a small shield symbol next to guarded players in your group. Also it puts a big blue Arrow on your guaded head. So get the Enemy Addon. ;)

Jaycub

Post#8 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:24 pm

The thing to know about guard is removal of guard is off the GCD, whereas application of guard is on the GCD.

The mistake many players make it selecting a target and double tapping guard to remove from old target and apply on new, but at the same time they are in the middle of a GCD or constantly queuing up other abilities and overwriting that guard action. Leading to a situation where guard is seemingly never working, when in reality at the absolute longest time it should ever take is a single GCD ~1.15 seconds? If you just hit an ability the millisecond you decided you needed to swap guard.

The best thing to do when you need to swap guard is to completely stop using any other abilities in the meantime and cleanly tapping guard twice, and only twice. Remember how removal is off the GCD? if you tap it 3 times it will apply and immediately remove and you will have to wait 1.15 seconds again.

As for a macro, you would have to make a pretty complicated one in AHK and that would be against the rules anyways. It's not hard once you get used to it.

Id rather see one button guard swap off the GCD, but give guard a 7/8 second cooldown. This would greatly increase the skillcap for both tanks and DPS, as well as nerfing the cheese 3-2-1 groups everyone is running now.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Think it would be good to either get guard to automatically swap when targeting a new player or a cancel button at least for me who sometime am challenged by setting up addon :(
But suppose there are manny things without workarounds to be worked on.

Serbiansword

Post#10 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 pm

I would suggest keybinding the guard button to a very practical key (I've bound it to the mouse button underneath my thumb) and getting Enemy + GES addons. Enemy will mark the guarded target properly and GES can announce the name of your guarded target in /smartchat.