Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa spec?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: Choppa spec?

Post#51 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm

What are your thoughts on Wot Rules? Do you guys drop rage or stay in the red as much as possible?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#52 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Tbh outgoing hd has very little real value
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Axerker

Post#53 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Penril wrote:What are your thoughts on Wot Rules? Do you guys drop rage or stay in the red as much as possible?
I played around with it briefly. I think it has its place in very specific builds, or PvE (lol).

But the Armor/Resist loss from Berserk is just wayyyy too detrimental without a fully dedicated Guard/Healer. You just die way too fast. I only dip into Berserk to KD, or if I happen to get CC'd as I'm passing the threshold (which makes you instantly die).

I love the concept, but it really isn't worth using unless you can guarantee you'll never be hit. Dead man do no DPS.

However, the only semi-viable AoE spec, in my opinion, is to use Wot Rules + Red Goes Faster + (optional) Easy Killin' tactics while spamming Wild Choppin' on a 0 sec CD with 50% Bonus damage (Berserk) and 45 AP cost (optional). Its basically a worse Marauder spamming Demolition that hits 360 degrees.

Penril

Post#54 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Axerker wrote:too detrimental without a fully dedicated Guard/Healer. You just die way too fast.
I am only interested in premade/balanced warband specs. In both, you should always have a dedicated guard/heals.

peterthepan3

Post#55 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 pm

wot rules is perfect for farming pugs in sc if you got a tiiiiight squad. good groups will punish you and destroy you.

Penril

Post#56 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:wot rules is perfect for farming pugs in sc if you got a tiiiiight squad. good groups will punish you and destroy you.
Can't you just Flee + AP pot if needing to drop rage?

peterthepan3

Post#57 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm

you can indeed. until you're kd and chch and pretty much guaranteed death. meh the burst is ridiculous though!

Fallenkezef

Post#58 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Axerker wrote:
Penril wrote:What are your thoughts on Wot Rules? Do you guys drop rage or stay in the red as much as possible?
I played around with it briefly. I think it has its place in very specific builds, or PvE (lol).

But the Armor/Resist loss from Berserk is just wayyyy too detrimental without a fully dedicated Guard/Healer. You just die way too fast. I only dip into Berserk to KD, or if I happen to get CC'd as I'm passing the threshold (which makes you instantly die).

I love the concept, but it really isn't worth using unless you can guarantee you'll never be hit. Dead man do no DPS.

However, the only semi-viable AoE spec, in my opinion, is to use Wot Rules + Red Goes Faster + (optional) Easy Killin' tactics while spamming Wild Choppin' on a 0 sec CD with 50% Bonus damage (Berserk) and 45 AP cost (optional). Its basically a worse Marauder spamming Demolition that hits 360 degrees.
Yet again the Slayer does this better with power through, and the tactics that give you 6 seconds of free abilities and the 5sec reduction to cooldowns.

I understand it's not a good idea to do exact mirrors but Choppa really needs an overhaul.

My theory is it needs to be the single target mdps in the way that Slayer is the aoe mdps.

As it stands there is nothing that really makes the Choppa stand out or takes best advantage of the rage mechanic in the same way a Slayer does.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Axerker

Post#59 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Penril wrote:
Axerker wrote:too detrimental without a fully dedicated Guard/Healer. You just die way too fast.
I am only interested in premade/balanced warband specs. In both, you should always have a dedicated guard/heals.

Meh. I think that's misguided, but its not my call. The vast majority of this game is pug. Balancing on premades has ups and downs. On the one hand, you avoid people exploiting the too-strong combos. But by doing so, you screw over the majority of the players because their class is built around requiring a healer/guard - which is a terrible perspective, as only an opinion.

Not my game, not my call though. It would be nice if puggers actually had some opinions taken into perspective though, rather than the 5%.

Back on topic: Even if you have a dedicated Guard/Healer, staying in Berserk pretty much only benefits two things: a) Permanent 50% damage buff (and the debuff, of course) and b) being able to chain Finishing Blows together, rather than having to wait 5 seconds to get back to Yellow. If your Guard/Healer can keep you alive in those 5 seconds that you would be in Green (but are now in Red), then sure, its worth it. You trade burst damage for sustained.

TenTonHammer

Post#60 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:choppa is fine for ST. 2h could do with some love, as could it's aoe. it's in no way near as dire a spot as some people would have you think; just takes a skilled player to make it shine - and when it shines, oh boy does it shine.

What is the meaning of "fine"? is it fine that choppa has a "working" ST spec? even though that spec is the only way to play and 95% of all choppas are forced to spec the same way even for single target?

VS other classes like slayer or WL, even of they want to ST they have multiple viable spec options to do so

Slayer can go troll + giant slayer, or 2H giant slayer + troll, or troll + ID skaven slayer

3 different ways to spec for just ST

there needs to be more freedom for viable variety for choppas too
Penril wrote: I am only interested in premade/balanced warband specs. In both, you should always have a dedicated guard/heals.

Its still non viable? Choppas dont have something worth like devastate to spam out to justify wot rules, ive already stated my stance on outgoing hd, and you dont need wot rules for tired already

They dont exist in premade WB's because they bring nothing to the table now

Lastly without rr100 defensive gear or atleast def sov, Wot rules dosnt feel safe at all to run even with pocket
peterthepan3 wrote:wot rules is perfect for farming pugs in sc if you got a tiiiiight squad. good groups will punish you and destroy you.

that dosnt mean anything at all, any premade group will eat up pugs whom fall into premade scs

and you could just run choppa with out wot rules and then you wouldnt need as tight a group