Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa spec?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panzerkasper

Re: Choppa spec?

Post#61 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Penril wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:wot rules is perfect for farming pugs in sc if you got a tiiiiight squad. good groups will punish you and destroy you.
Can't you just Flee + AP pot if needing to drop rage?
You can, but the problem is Flee does not instantly drop it. If you are full red, it still takes 2-3 seconds to get atleast yellow.
AS now that i think of it. Making detaunt drop rage would actually be a fine deal for it.
Still, this would not make 2h gameplay great wich i would rather like to see, since DW is kinda ok and does not even require Wot Rules since there are no really good finishers worth dropping.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#62 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:46 pm

TTH has a point. Slayer has, imho, 5 viable specs to a greater or lesser degree and 4 of them are good to excellent ST while all 5 have good to excellent aoe.

WL is viable in all three trees as is the Mara.
Alea iacta est

szejoza

Post#63 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

If we look at it factionwise then we can see that there are 3 types of MDPS: Stealthies (WH/WE, both being mainly ST), ST (WL/Choppa), AoE (Slayer/Mara)

If choppa is made into another aoe mdps then order would be at 'disadvantage' in bigger scale. The issue here is that single target viability isn't that much stronger than slayer's making choppas quite useless.
So exact mirror imo is not the way to go, push the ST dmg output even more, maybe give some super nice utilities, increase survivability, but not make it into another AoE machine, anything but that.

I don't know, give choppas some ability that gives them 50% rage instantly so they will be more bursty (matching WL potential). Just brainstorming now :D

btw. choppas have spammable finisher with great damage - Reckless Blow, but nobody is using it as it gives enemies additional 5% chance to crit it...
Spoiler:

TenTonHammer

Post#64 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:57 pm

szejoza wrote: ST (WL/Choppa), AoE (Slayer/Mara)

Choppa is only forced into ST becuase the wrecka tree is abysmal

Both mara and slayer have very strong ST specs along side with their AoE potential

Fallenkezef

Post#65 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:58 pm

szejoza wrote:If we look at it factionwise then we can see that there are 3 types of MDPS: Stealthies (WH/WE, both being mainly ST), ST (WL/Choppa), AoE (Slayer/Mara)

If choppa is made into another aoe mdps then order would be at 'disadvantage' in bigger scale. The issue here is that single target viability isn't that much stronger than slayer's making choppas quite useless.
So exact mirror imo is not the way to go, push the ST dmg output even more, maybe give some super nice utilities, increase survivability, but not make it into another AoE machine, anything but that.

I don't know, give choppas some ability that gives them 50% rage instantly so they will be more bursty (matching WL potential). Just brainstorming now :D

btw. choppas have spammable finisher with great damage - Reckless Blow, but nobody is using it as it gives enemies additional 5% chance to crit it...
My Slayer is a ST dps and does well thankyou very much :p

But I do agree, Choppa needs more ST synergy with it's own mechanic.

Rage should be a mecjanic that multiple specs can make proper use of. Like Slayer's PT, Wot rules should open up real possibilities. Yellow dancing and full red should be considered playstyles not one being essential and the other a lolspec
Alea iacta est

Axerker

Post#66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 pm

szejoza wrote: btw. choppas have spammable finisher with great damage - Reckless Blow, but nobody is using it as it gives enemies additional 5% chance to crit it...
That 5% crit ain't no joke. Also, Slasha hits for the same as Reckless Blow (according to tooltip - I'll have to check actual values next time I'm in game), is spammable at any Rage, and lowers the target's Toughness up to 3 stacks. I would rather spam Slashas over Reckless Blow unless I needed to burn out my Rage and had no other viable finishers up.

The biggest advantage, in my opinion, of Wot Rules is being able to severely punish after doing a Knockdown. With only one Knockdown that requires you to be Berserk, it sucks to use, because then you go back to Green and basically spam Slasha on them twice (or Can't Stop da Chop, if its up). Wot Rules let's you Knockdown, then use Weakling Killa + Reckless Blow or Reckless Blow x2 (or other situationals). If the enemy is alone, or doesn't have a Guard/Healer, you can most likely kill them. But that's assuming two very prominent things are missing.

Imo, just make Weakling Killa undefendable to balance both their 2H output potential, which is where they are lacking most. Slayer gets 10-20s of Undefendable on all attacks. Nothing worse than using Weakling Killa on an enemy at 20% just to have them Parry/Block and you're back at Green, swinging like a toddler.

Penril

Post#67 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Not a big fan of Rampage lately, but mostly due to me playing a tank and the slayer being like "trololol i dont care about your 70% parry or block". So kinda a 1v1 issue. So, declining myself...

BUT if i could do anything about it, i'd rather change/nerf Rampage instead of giving it to Choppas.

Arteker616

Post#68 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm

szejoza wrote:If we look at it factionwise then we can see that there are 3 types of MDPS: Stealthies (WH/WE, both being mainly ST), ST (WL/Choppa), AoE (Slayer/Mara)

isnt great damage is the same as slasha wich is spameable and dont need rage is the same as PA on slayer wich nobody use aswell since way better alternatives

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#69 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Penril wrote:Not a big fan of Rampage lately, but mostly due to me playing a tank and the slayer being like "trololol i dont care about your 70% parry or block". So kinda a 1v1 issue. So, declining myself...

BUT if i could do anything about it, i'd rather change/nerf Rampage instead of giving it to Choppas.
I really don't see this as a 1v1 issue.
Confusing movements, for example, is a huge part of your defensive measures (not only for choppa) and a slayer just completly shitting on a Morale ability by just using a selfbuff with way too much uptime is a thing that should not exist.

I'm also on your side, i'd rather would like to see this skill changed then mirrored. I think it should be a "Elite Training"-like buff for the next 4 or 5 hits and not just a 20 seconds "i **** on your defense" ability.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Axerker

Post#70 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Penril wrote:Not a big fan of Rampage lately, but mostly due to me playing a tank and the slayer being like "trololol i dont care about your 70% parry or block". So kinda a 1v1 issue. So, declining myself...

As a quick aside, does Chosen's Sever Blessing work on Rampage? Or no, because its an Enchantment?