Recent Topics

Ads

choppa role in rvr?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: choppa role in rvr?

Post#21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Darosh wrote:I don't quite understand why the M4 in the left tree gets no luv in large scale, pair it up with a Mara (Wrecking Ball, yumyum) and a Shaman (for the morale pump) and you are fine. That is if the M4 got no ICD treatment yet...

....because its an m4, it takes too dam long and its not like you have a BO/CH morale pump

Raze/great fang/etc bombing is a lot faster

Its just not worth to bother with using a sham to just pump to get 200 dmg for 10s for 5 people

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:I don't quite understand why the M4 in the left tree gets no luv in large scale, pair it up with a Mara (Wrecking Ball, yumyum) and a Shaman (for the morale pump) and you are fine. That is if the M4 got no ICD treatment yet...

....because its an m4, it takes too dam long and its not like you have a BO/CH morale pump

Raze/great fang/etc bombing is a lot faster

Its just not worth to bother with using a sham to just pump to get 200 dmg for 10s for 5 people
Spoiler:
- Average HP is about 7k across all classes.
- Mara Wrecking Ball hits every 0.5s, for 3s - can spam Demolition, for the rest of the duration.
- Choppa can spam Flurry - can backload M2.
- Blackguard has an equally spammable cleave - can use Raze, dunno whether Raze can proc the M4, would fancy tests; autoattacks should in in theory proc the M4 too.
- Chosen can use Raze.
- DoK could invest into the dps aura, which should theoretically proc the M4 - can spam Smite with Chop Fasta.
- M4 damage is, as per norm, undefendable/unmitigatable.

You won't be able to pull it off on the fly (as in instantly), but it shouldn't be too difficault to set it up in RvR to push a warband (given the tedious back and forth circlejerks [e.g.: Caledor, Eatine]/keep sieges, whether you are nested in one yourself or not.

All of that if - again - there is no ICD, didn't test it on RoR yet. I haz no patience/no group at the moment.
TLDR: Best case scenario: 10s uninterruptable Raze on your whole group, giving your tanks the opportunity to use ID instead of/or Raze, for 10s of glory. Worst case: ICD, useless morale.

Abbd.: UPDATE.

Tested the M4 on my Slayer:
- NO ICD! <3
- Procs off autoattacks, likely of morales too. The latter is impossible to test alone, sadly.
Last edited by Darosh on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catholicism198

Post#23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 pm

facundo7777 wrote:i have started to play as choppa cause i played him on live servers. I will try magus or shaman probably
Getting off-topic- but it shouldn't be a problem since your initial query has been answered ten times over.

Are you thinking of a heal Shaman or 'dps' Shaman?
Heal Shamans were fun back when Azarael made the initial changes, which were mostly reverted back- so now they're just like every other healer, dps Shaman is....Goblins are fun.

footpatrol2

Post#24 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:35 am

facundo7777 wrote:Hi again guys,
last few days i was playin rvr with organized wb's and pugs and i have one rly important question? What is choppa role in rvr fights while 90% of fight time is destroying door and then trying to push through the door? If i go there i will die so fast (guarded or not).

I have a bad feeling that only tanks, healers and rdps are usefull at end game rvr fights or am i wrong?
Very few organized warbands run a well organized and controlled Hold the line (where the dps stay within their blanket of protection) in keep fights. Most tank player's spec for SC's and not deft tard heavy avoidence sometimes required, dependant on scale, for keep offense/defense. It is a more universal spec for tanks to go hybrid and fit's more role's then just keep offense/defense. It is not exciting to be a hold the line tank so most don't do it. Because of this, the tanks will get destroyed via guard damage if they are guarding a squishy (choppa).

Depending on scale you might have to go more defensive as a choppa, (adding armor/deft defender). The bigger the scale the more defensive your gear and renown spec has to be. Carry multiple sets of gear. Be willing to change your gear and renown build to fit your setting.

Choppa's and mdps is fine in the roam ORvR phase of the game.

Choppa's in Keep assault ORvR phase of the game
Choppa's are mdps. All mdps can by-pass postern's. When you are assaulting a keep, although rarely seen, make a organized rampart assault group. When assaulting a keep you can re-organize your warband composition to take into account the new ORvR phase that your warband is conducting which is keep assault. This takes effort and pre-planning/organization/coordination and player's willing to participate in the organization/coordination, which is why it is rarely seen.

Rampart assault groups do not need tanks because your not going to get a guard anyway.
Rampart assault groups used to be able to get indirect healing via lifetap. Healer's were able to lifetap hit the keep door which I believe is a core mechanic of the keep defense/offense ORvR phase. RoR has removed the ability to hit the keep door which further decreases the value of making rampart assault groups.

A rampart assault group could look like 3/3. 3 mdps and 3 healer's spamming AoE heal. Lifetap indirect healing can be conducted outside of this group from a different support group. Without the keep door to hit, reliable lifetap healing for a rampart assault group doesn't exist.

The goal of rampart assault groups is to cause disruption/break organization/coordination and reset morale via killing. It is important to reset morale so the opposition doesn't have full access to all of it's morale tricks.

Rampart assault groups are dependant on scale. Meaning if the scale is too large it doesn't matter. But if the scale is too large in any setting all game balance is thrown out anyway and everything fall's apart.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

fox66656

Post#25 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:42 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Judging by all the choppas I see in RvR, I would guess your role is to charge in, unguarded and unbuffed, spamming losta choppin, and die at least 15 times in a zone.
:lol: I've seen this many times

trebla
Banned

Post#26 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:47 am

fox66656 wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Judging by all the choppas I see in RvR, I would guess your role is to charge in, unguarded and unbuffed, spamming losta choppin, and die at least 15 times in a zone.
:lol: I've seen this many times
silly comment what class doesn't do this, this isn't class specific it's player specific and does not pertain to ANY issue the class has.

facundo7777

Post#27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 am

after all i will not change class xD choppa and dying in first lines is my bloodline xD

facundo7777

Post#28 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

is there any build viable in aoe and single dps? or if i wanna be usefull in aoe dmg i have to forgot about single target dmg?

Ads
Shmerrick

Post#29 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:40 pm

At the moment you are free nowns for Order.

tionblack

Post#30 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 pm

You are a free renown only if you dont know what you are doing or dont have a proper group backing you up.Your itemization and stat configuartion plays a huge role in rvr.You can not go glass cannon in prime time zerg.

You may need to be glass cannon maybe when you solo to get the kill and die but when you are in group for rvr you need decent defense and well it comes with sacrificing offence and if you happen to have low rr and bad gear will not help you one bit.But i still suggest you to at least use WIND IMPREVIOUS Resist jewelery set against zerg in the group or warband and have a party you can count on.i suggest getting least 3 Deft Defender 235 initiative without buff and 2-3 futile strikes then u can worry about offense for rvr.

Also you have to read situation well and should know when to retreat or push or not engage at all.As a choppa you can not stayin the frontlines all the time.Stay with your tank,fight with the urge which makes you want to charge the enemy all the time :D

Have fun :)

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink: