Recent Topics

Ads

DPS Shammy

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Qwack

DPS Shammy

Post#1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:33 pm

The DPS Shammy could use a minor buff. The buffs to Disrupt and the debuffs to DOTS have hurt the DPS Shammy more than most classes. The AM mirror class has two tactics that give the DPS AM a +25% Strikethrough which makes the AM far less vulnerable to the casting changes. The Shammy has no such tactics nor answer. The DPS Shammy could use 1 tactic or change that helps its Strikethrough. This is reasonable.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
zabis

Re: DPS Shammy

Post#2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:36 pm

All proposals go here: viewforum.php?f=95
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Qwack

Post#3 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 pm

While I asked about a buff, this post is intended to open a discussion on DPS Shammies.

Cheers!

gotharg

Post#4 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Is there any good non SC dps weapon for Shaman? Subj? Gunbad? Gutslime?

catholicism198

Post#5 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 pm

Good luck with that.
Best you could hope for is fluffier numbers.

Qwack

Post#6 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:44 pm

catholicism198 wrote:Good luck with that.
Best you could hope for is fluffier numbers.
Actually you can achieve decent (not great, just decent) spikes by applying Debuffs first, although this does make the rotation longer than other classes. However, with the lack of Strikethough tactics you will find such spikes being Disrupted too much.

Yes, adding Strikethough will only pad DOT damage, but some of that is necessary for lifetapping which is clearly dead now due to Disrupts and DOT changes.

I find the DPS Shaman to be in weakest state since the very beginning of WAR itself (but the healing Shammy is in a good place). Couple this with the extraordinary buffs to WLs (its nemesis) and you have an untenable situation. Hence I am playing my AM now :).

bloodi
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Qwack wrote: Couple this with the extraordinary buffs to WLs (its nemesis) and you have an untenable situation.
Destruction advice chat has its own patchnotes now?

Qwack

Post#8 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:59 pm

gotharg wrote:Is there any good non SC dps weapon for Shaman? Subj? Gunbad? Gutslime?
There are the Quest ones, but not as good as SC. The Subj ones I have gotten were for Heals.

Ads
Samejima

Post#9 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Qwack wrote: I find the DPS Shaman to be in weakest state since the very beginning of WAR itself (but the healing Shammy is in a good place). Couple this with the extraordinary buffs to WLs (its nemesis) and you have an untenable situation. Hence I am playing my AM now :).
Yeah, it does seem quite weak. Overall the tactics and mastery abilities feel rather lackluster, and the disrupt changes make it pointless to target healers or shield tanks. Even with nearly soft-capped Int I get disrupted by dps classes fairly frequently--hoping that will get a little better with more % disrupt strikethrough from gear.

The changes mean to get much done I have to go full glass cannon, and to that point, I definitely agree about White Lion. Not trying to turn this into a whine or say things should be changed...but the strength of WL makes playing dps shaman (and imo all squishy destro classes) an absolute nightmare in anything but really competent groups with good compositions--most of which don't want a DPS shaman. Even then, the burst potential and mobility and CC, etc. make things so volatile that if the healers/tanks are preoccupied/out of position, or there's some light assist, the WL has a good chance to take me out a moments notice.

There is no other dps class that is remotely as punishing to play against on either side, and it really makes destro less enjoyable, and dps shaman substantially less viable.

charlysixb

Post#10 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Dont go total glass cannon...why you playing a DPS Shaman? the question you've to do to yourself, and how are you going to play it? Solo, Duo, Group...? Shaman's soloing in glass cannon mixing Domi-Merc-Duelist is a fail unless you're in a fg and then Sorc is a better option. Any WH that jumps you, a WL or any burst dmg you wont recover from it. Get your ini up and have FS2 atleast, then you can raise your critic like to 36% with Full Dominator and Genesis.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever