Recent Topics

Ads

Help me decide SM vs BO

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
rmpl

Re: Help me decide SM vs BO

Post#21 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:45 pm

one class does spirit damage, the other deals physical
one class gets free 100% parry ability, the other doesnt and has to spec high up in the tree for a 100% block

SM heavily outclasses BO because of these two things. If you're a minmaxing type of guy then there's no reason to play BO at all.

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 pm

You're doing so good on the BO better stick with it!
inactive

DokB

Post#23 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:35 pm

rmpl wrote:one class does spirit damage, the other deals physical
one class gets free 100% parry ability, the other doesnt and has to spec high up in the tree for a 100% block

SM heavily outclasses BO because of these two things. If you're a minmaxing type of guy then there's no reason to play BO at all.
Loudmouth/Skullthumper (two of your best damage sources) both do corp, but we don’t get a free resist debuff either.

EDIT: WODS and CHM are both 50% abilities and WODS give dodge/disrupt for free as well. Why CHM has a self-imposed 60% snare is beyond me.
Last edited by DokB on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Mystry
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:48 pm

You should play Swordmaster, solely because Destro has enough tanks and Order has too few.

Yardy

Post#25 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 am

Hey mate, my BO is great fun (rr 66 i think) full conc and gen gear. I go sword and board all the way. (i blow up almost as quick as a chopper when i go 2H) WODS might dodge and parry to get away from range.....but you got a shield, use Hold the Line instead of CHM when ya running away.

As for solo roam I reckon the SM is by far better. It hits with Spirit damage so can take on all targets, while the BO struggles (only a bit) to hurt heavily armoured toons. The BOs Da Toughest war bellow does trigger often, but you only get the health every 10 seconds.....it really isn't as good as I want it to be ;) and the absorbs the SM have just do the job so much better.

From my experience (I aint all that crash hot though with 400ms allday) The BO will get smashed more often than doing the smashing when ya solo roaming.....ya need at least one other with ya or rr 70
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

footpatrol2

Post#26 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 am

You get to wear a dress if your a SM which is Bonus!!!

Bozzax

Post#27 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 am

M2 pounce + 60% snare = win
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

CytheX

Post#28 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 am

Pop ur anti snare or use ur juggernaugt? Or maybe FM?

Ads
ToXoS

Post#29 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 am

DokB wrote:
rmpl wrote:one class does spirit damage, the other deals physical

Loudmouth/Skullthumper (two of your best damage sources) both do corp, but we don’t get a free resist debuff either.

EDIT: WODS and CHM are both 50% abilities and WODS give dodge/disrupt for free as well. Why CHM has a self-imposed 60% snare is beyond me.
CHM is spammable, that's why it got a 60% self snare. None Shall Pass of BG have the same effect of CHM (+50% block), but doesn't have this snare component because it got a 30 seconds CD and last for 10 seconds.

While I agree that WODS is stupidly good, with CHM you still have your shield, while SM WODS is a 2H only ability, so no block chance. Also, BO have a +10% block tactic, making CHM even gooder.

geezereur

Post#30 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Does Wrath of Hoeth still stack with Heavens Blade?