Recent Topics

Ads

My Squig herder

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cimba

Re: My Squig herder

Post#11 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Callipso wrote:So i finaly reached 40/40 with my Squig herder and I enjoy it so far.
The thing is the lack of damage.. I still feel weak with full anni gear.

My stats are 1050 BS and 570 WS

Do u guys know what I am doing wrong or how to improve my dmg? :D
Well thats not a lot of information to go on :D. I'm pretty much in the exact same situation with my squigger (40/~40). However I think my damage is alright considering my gear and skill level. Which means I'm still lagging behind the better equiped and/or better players. However I expect to draw even with sorcs when I hit best in slot levels of gear.

So I dont know, what was your expectation when you started playing a squigger?

Ads
Callipso

Post#12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks forthe reply's all. My expectations were having more survivability and doing more damage. The class isn't bad but I like to kill solo things haha..

I just expected to much of it I gues :D
Gaxx SH

ToXoS

Post#13 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Callipso wrote:Thanks forthe reply's all. My expectations were having more survivability and doing more damage. The class isn't bad but I like to kill solo things haha..

I just expected to much of it I gues :D
I've done some solo roaming with my SH (not anymore tho, ranged classes are boring once you tried melee ones :D )
Here is a video I made some time ago (Resolute defense was up at that time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ircnatp ... nnel=ToXoS
This gameplay is not without mistakes, but it will show you what you can do as an average solo SH like myself.

However, I tried it post RD changes, and it's still viable. Just avoid WL and tanks, try to surprise WH, and use your brain.

Callipso

Post#14 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:22 pm

I feel his mirror class has way more survivabilty is this true?
Gaxx SH

szejoza

Post#15 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Well, WL/SW cant be considered 100% mirror classes of SH, it's a mix between mara/sh vs wl/sw, so differences will be obvious
Spoiler:

wiscel

Post#16 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:36 pm

With your number of ballistic and weapon skill you should be able to do some decent damage. Try to go for squishy targets like BW, Engies, SW, AM. When in party just support the main dps. Avoid snb tanks for now. And always avoid WL :-D

Grts

Nasty
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

szejoza

Post#17 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:37 pm

wiscel wrote: Nasty
99% of order players can confirm this guy knows what he speaks, one of the most avoided squig herders on the server xD
Spoiler:

Callipso

Post#18 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you for ur reply! Maybe i just don't know yet how to play it in tier 4 !
So the advice is always go for the squishies and healers ?
Gaxx SH

Ads
wiscel

Post#19 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 pm

For now yes. Also spec the Run Away tactic, and also the Run Away! ability from the Quick Shooting tree. Trick is to never stand still, always stay on the move. Since you're so squishy yourself you're an easy target for WL and WH. Or feel free to join me in RvR sometime.

Nasty
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Koha

Post#20 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Callipso wrote:I feel his mirror class has way more survivabilty is this true?
SW had a reworked assault stance and is viable in 6v6 and warband. SH still lacks some fixes in its melee spec. SW has a lot less abilities and in some way is easier to play.
WL got some changes too so he might be closer to a balanced and viable status than SH (still undertesting and fine tuning I suppose).

As for your OP, to improve your dps :
- key stat is crit chances full anni + RR sure shot should grants you kill shots and nice dps on the board
- Ballistic can reach the softcap easily, but the increase in damage... is not that big ! As you have noticed, damages are small from the beginning.
- Weapon skill should be around 600 the more the better with BL and some nice jewels (SW can reach more WS than you whatever)
- tactic pierce defence is a good way to secure your dps.
- having friends with procs will increase your dps wildly (dok covenant, sorc buff, BO debuff...) (a lot of little hits are all chances to proc something).

but... you'll get killed on a hard cc, you're a glass cannon

gaz squig, autodetaunt tactic + a heal in your group + health pots can save you from some WH, for WL you'll need armor talis and/or a reactive guard/heal if the gaz squig doesn't get killed.
against BW, SW and Engies => M1 Concealment and a good positionning will do the job better than any defensive stat
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul