Recent Topics

Ads

"Wall" for BO

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rathael87

"Wall" for BO

Post#1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

Just wondering how our resident BO players rate "Wall" from the t4 epic quest. I just decide to get it for the appearance, but reading the stats on it made me wonder if it's actually good to use.

I'm comparing it to Shieldbearer's Blocka of Vehemence (the second-best scenario shield):
-25 block rating
-2 wounds
-2% block
-2% parry

+4 toughness
+16 init
+800 armor on proc

It loses a fair deal of block but you get an enormous 800 armor buff occasionally and 16 init is not too bad either. Not sure if there are any limitations on how often it can proc but the conq. 5-piece set seems to be up quite a lot in RvR.

Ads
Nekkma

Re: "Wall" for BO

Post#2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

Without having tested it I am pretty sure the armor proc do not stack with armor potion making it more or less pointless.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Rathael87

Post#3 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Fair point. I always forget about the stacking.

Any idea if it always takes the highest? The potions I have are 594 armor, still leaving the buff at an extra 206 armor, assuming it works that way.

szejoza

Post#4 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Even if it overrides for the proc period it's still only ~200 extra armor, I'd pick the sc over this one any moment. If you really feel like extra armor is needed for you just buy talis ;)
Spoiler:

Nekkma

Post#5 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah, you should get the strongest buff. Just get the rr39 scenario one or the subjugator one. If you like the skin it is well worth it. I usually pick the reward from the epic quest based on looks as the scenario weapons are very easy to get and usually comparable.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Darosh
Banned

Post#6 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 pm

The avoidance on the SC shield potentially negates abilities entirely, the armor is fluff mitigation outdone by fluff armordebuffs and -buffs.

e: **** this new smartphone and it's autocorrect, virtually impossible to turn it off.

Rathael87

Post#7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Sounds like it's worth sticking to my scenario shield then. Cheers guys!