Recent Topics

Ads

SH - how to survive?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Banjomissen

SH - how to survive?

Post#1 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:07 pm

I've been playing on my SH (40/42) lately and I seem to have a hard time surviving. Esp. against WHs (Also WLs, but I seem to have a higher survival rating against those). Whs usually have me at 10 - 20% when their stun ends. Anything to be done about that or should I "avoid getting backstabbed"? ;-)

I have around 1700armor with pot which seems really low but unsure in what range it should be in and if I should prio defensive gear and armor talismen to increase my chances of surving the initial burst.

Ads
Saftdryck
Banned

Re: SH - how to survive?

Post#2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Witch Hunters will kill you most times right after KD especially if they're BaL specced, that is if they get all those nice crits in. (Most times they do).

Avoid WLs especially if they're Guardian spec.

Above is if you're full offensive

Now to the matter how to survive. If you like soloing in RvR, i recommend you damping your dmg a bit and stack armor, toughness w/e is your thing. At beginning Merc will help you, high wounds and with few armor talis you can reach 4k+ armor with Gas Squig.

If you get Conq, you can mix BL and Conq for offensive and defensive stats.

Ps. even with def gear, dont attack Guardian WL. Just dont. You dont stand a chance. And even most r20 WLs will kill you easy.
You got excelletn kiting tools, auto detaunt tactic, Squig armor with KD snare and knockback. Use them wisely
Last edited by Saftdryck on Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

diedrake

Post#3 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Ok as a SH, the WL is your bane. A BiS geared WL will eat you in about 3 globles max depending on his build. They are the anti kite/squish class.

WHs are the same if they surprise you. But detaunt+ self punt is your friend along w double healing pot. Most WHs are built for high dps but low toughness and such. If you survive the initail burst you shpuld be able to take him out if you out pace him with kiting.

Or if you wish spec stabbity mc stab stab and be way tougher to kill but you are built defensively meaning your dps will suffer
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Banjomissen

Post#4 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for the answers.

I usually avoid WLs. They don't have stealth so they can be avoided to some degree. My main concern is the WHs. Can I use the crafted and the emblem/medalion potions on the same time?

What's the stabby spec you are mentioning? Any pointers to how I can use the stabbin' path to my advantage?

dansari

Post#5 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes, you should always roam with at least the 1500 officer pot and the 1500 crafted pot
<Salt Factory>

Banjomissen

Post#6 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Ah, lovely, thanks. I'll go buy the officer pots right away :-)

I don't really roam much - perhaps I should have made it clear that my issues are mainly in SCs - the PUG sc. Might be the fact that the current PUG sc is Ekrund that i've seen an increase in "Death by WH".

Bowldancer

Post#7 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:35 pm

There is a small window between them popping up and knocking you down.
That moment is crucial. If you miss it -due to lag or lack of focus - you are toast.

Detaunting is rather hard in your case as you have to tab + detaunt.
Try to use a (blue) restoration pot before the Knockdown.
This doesnt share cd with PvP Pots nor Absorb Pots.

When you survive that and get some distance it is over for the WH unless you fail to sidestrafe/kite.
White Lions on the other hand should be the bane of your existance.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

wiscel

Post#8 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm

I never had much troubles with WH tbh. Just keep your Horned Squig at Aggessive so he will knockaway the WH when he pops out of stealth. The pet is quite unpredictable so it doesn't work everytime.
If you see the WH go stealth, just move opposite direction and start counting to 30. Then turn, at least he can't stealth up for some time giving you some advantage. If he does manage to attack from stealth and say you survived the opening attack, quickly jump away and take double pots and try to keep distance all the time. The Run Away tactic and the Run Away! ability are great for that.

Now the WL that's another thing, avoid them like the plague. You can't do much against them. Disarm? You still die. Detaunt? You still die, only slower. Once they pounce and they will you're dead. Don't bother using pots, it only delays the inevitable.
There's maybe 3 or 4 squigherders in the game that can stand up against them but most SH including me are easy bait for them.

Grts Nasty
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads
Reesh

Post#9 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Pretty much, best survivability gives you a full group.

Foomy44

Post#10 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:55 pm

wiscel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm Just keep your Horned Squig at Aggessive so he will knockaway the WH when he pops out of stealth.
Horned pet hasn't had a knockback for a while.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman