Recent Topics

Ads

Tanky Blorc

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
JTO112

Tanky Blorc

Post#1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Hey all.

I don't know if I'm blind but I can't find any sword n board tanky blorc guides. I just wanna be as close to impossible to kill as I can. Anyone got a guide they can link?

Also how is tanky blorc end game? Any good at Solo roaming or roaming with a single buddy or something? I wanna be able to push front lines in RvR and kill people by myself in Solo roam in my down time. I don't even mind if fights take a long time, I just think that'd be something fun to do.

Also bonus question. What's the armor set the black orc is wearing when you're making a character? I love it.

Thanks all.

Ads
rmpl

Re: Tanky Blorc

Post#2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:45 am

A good rule of the thumb for any tank is: 2h for smallscale/roaming/scs and snb for orvr or low lvl. For a SNB BO, the most important thing to get is CDR tactic for WAAAGH, everything else is optional; most people also get Not in Da Face, Rock 'Ard, Down ya go but that WAAAGHH tactic is your bread and butter because it's crazy good with sorc although you won't be killing stuff as a low lvl snb tank while roaming.

Additionally, I would advise against going 2h until you get around 55RR and by that time you should already have gear good enough to survive with 2h.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 am

You`re not blind, the Class forums are just garbage. Finding some older guides is impossible. The actual guides too after a month.

rmpl

Post#4 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 am

also I forgot to add that the set you mentioned is called Sovereign set and it's currently unavailable.

zaauk

Post#5 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:27 am

With SnB you can run in to the big blob solo and punt/dps/debuff etc.
You will have to turtle spec and go 0/6/rest. Less stabbin me with cant hit me is very good for what you want to do solo.
Problem is you wont kill stuff alone.

If you want to run solo and actually kill stuff you have to go 2H, you will be squishy at low lvl and rr. I think i started to gain solo kills for real at 40/45. But its still fun to run at low lvls as long you sneak around and join up when other ppl fight.

I ran solo 2h from lvl 1-40 and up to RR59. But remember, solo you will die alot in this game :D

Que SCs and run solo was 10x time faster to level then blob up for me atleast.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Collateral

Post#6 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am

If you go snb solo you won't be able to kill anything. You can always outlast your enemy if it's a 1v1 if you build hp regen.

If you want to solo hp regen is one of the most important things really, especially for bo. So you can take 4p conq, heal tactic with heal bellow, together with anni chest if you can't get sentinel pieces. And if you can afford, a couple of fleshrebder rings, but those are not super important and you lose on other stats if you do take them.

If you have a buddy, you can go with 3p redeye armour bonus and get some armour talis (or winds impervious set if you are squishy) to get to 4k armour. If you do that and have an armour potion, you will go up to 6k armour with you wot buff. Other tali slots are strength and initiative (you really need ini talis cuz bo has **** ini). You can check my build on armory, Grurfarg is the name. It's more a min max build for a group tank. But you can pug scs also as you are a bit more tanky. For renown, take full dd and parry, the rest into futile strikes, you want to bring down your chance to be crit, preferably to 0%.

If you don't have subjugator weapon, you can use bane (if you feel squishy) or gorebath (if you want more dmg).

rmpl

Post#7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am

While you can go 2h from rank 40, it's not really a good idea. You won't have enough survivability to stay alive, let alone to guard anyone and you won't be doing great damage either. You will contribute a lot more to the scenario by going snb and guarding high rank players.

Collateral

Post#8 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:29 pm

I always consider that goes without saying. Off specs on classes usually require higher rr to be effective, especially on tanks.

You can stick with this till you're rr 50 RoR.builders - Black Orc. If you're soloing, ap tactic helps you out a lot, especially when you are channeling CHM. You don't need MCD when you're solo obviously, so you can use something else. If you are not soloing much, you can replace heal tactic with ndif or aoe snare. If you want to be tanky tank, you can take both toughness and wounds tactics. Ruin is a good set for a start. Then build up to conq. For tanking use toughness and armour talis as needed. For renown, it's pretty much the same as for 2h build, just replace parry with block. If you have spare rp, put them into parry. You want to be using block tactic also.

And just so you remember, a good tank is a tank that guards dps and uses HTL. Also, please use your punt smartly and when it's needed, not just randomly. Giving out free immunity is one of the worst things you can do.

Ads
Gangan

Post#9 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 pm

I would recommend to get ruin as a start set for t4, the armor bonus is quite nice. I also got 2 pieces of Rare Fortune off the AH (for Ini) and filled the last slots with conq.
This combo served me well till I finally could exchange it for full conq.
If you want to be tanky get the def-sc-weapons.

The Winds impervious set (3 accessories) is easy to get via PvE (check the wiki to see how).
The sets you get via RvR-bag-token are also nice to have. Genesis is obvious to grab some stats, but even the small sets from green and white bags are good as a beginning.
Try to keep your avoidance high (block, parry, etc.) and your chance to be critted low (0 or even below).
For tactics go Wounds, Thougness, Block. The last slot is the cd-reduction on WAAAAAAAGH!, the grp-hot, the block/parry-tactic from middle path or ap if you want to spam CHM. I would recommend the CD-reduce as it brings the most grp-utility, something you don't have much as a blorc.

For bellows: Depending on your spend mastery-points use da greatest(buffs 900+ armor and ~250resi for your grp) or statsteal (depending on points 70-114 stats, not wounds)
Da toughest might sound great but it's rather underwhelming.
Switch bellows according to the situations. During a push go statsteal and if you or your grp get under pressure( or simply no enemy is in range to be hit) go da greenest.

As a deftard-snb-blorc you not gonna kill anything by yourself, but you will be able to take some hard hits and support your grp.
Use your Guard and stay in range of your guard buddy (30ft), in wbs spam HTL.
In scs stick with a mdps and assist, armor debuff, WS buff, disrupt, shatter, NidF for longer cds (great against flash-heal-runies), CD-reduce(if speccec), skull-thumper and don't forget the ap-reg buff for your group.

Def-Blorc can be hell of a fun to play, but you will need a grp to be effective.

(Sorry for bad format, hard to do on mobile)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

JTO112

Post#10 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Lot of awesome information here. Thanks all