Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

Re: Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Post#41 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:32 am So many bad SL/Choppa, it seems...Choppa has hench wounds, Slayer can get hench armor - but still the 'class is too squishy'!
choppa and slayer are not squishy by default, the problem come when you are disbled/staggered/disarmed/ecc.. in this case your class mechanics became a flaw. this, in my opinion, is not a problem you can outplay it in most cases, but still a fact. if you add the fact that in conq you have around 80 tough using DWLF, then you can easily say that choppa is squishy. anyway i'm open on any kind of suggestion on how to build/play choppa to be less squishy.
Zputadenti

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#42 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm

I know the OP was regarding Choppa, however as Slayer /Choppa are mirrors and share many attributes I will chime in a little. To help survival create 2 tactic sets, 1 for pure glass dps, 2nd for more defensive. Now I know you wont be able to swap tactics in every fight, but if you intend to solo , before you engage, if you can anyway, swap tactics depending on who ur fighting, I find for myself this allows me to kill rdps/kite classes easier when the mdps parry/defensive build isnt needed. After that enjoy the Choppa, I love my Slayer, my favorite class in the game that I play. And yes get used to dying , alot .
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

phononHYPE

Post#43 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm ... Now I know you wont be able to swap tactics in every fight, but if you intend to solo , before you engage, if you can anyway, swap tactics depending on who ur fighting ...
Want to expand on this (^ +1).
We all have five tactics choices we can use. I set mine up as follows:

solo roam
WB/Party (assuming 2/2/2)
keep/fort action
pve boss
pve farming

While most are very similar, it lets me swap to something more specific as I ride into the fray. With time, you should know when to swap out parts. All my tactics are set-up similarly with BruteForce:StabYouGooder:Flanking:X where X = Wounds/DWLF/Riposte/DontHateDaChoppa/what ever else. This lets you have a base for most scenarios without having to hunt and peck each fight for something. Useful for swapping Wounds< - > Riposte for solo roam vs caster or melee, as an example.

Regardless of your choice, in general your first 15-30 rr points (5+10, or 5+10+15 rr points) should be in Futile Strikes to get your chance to be crit low. Most folk say < 10%, I prefer < 0% (30 points), but you'll find a good start with either of those.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative