Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Melee Spec community

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xanderous

Re: [SH] Melee Spec community

Post#21 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Brutinho wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm Slayer also doesn't have a crit dmg tactic (at least a one that someone with half a brain will use)
Oh crap, my bad. You are 100% right about that.

In any case, slayers already do an obscene amount of ST and AOE damage and bring pretty much the same utility than a mSH. So no extra damage modifiers needed.

Slayers have a crit increase tactic but it also increases their chance to be critted as well so like shaggy says its not advantageous to use but you can offset it by wearing crit dreduction gear and futile stikes. What they do have are several abilities that buff their damage overall their mechanic alone buffs them by 25% with no penalty, they also have a strength tactic, where as Melee squig have ballistic that does not convert to strength when in squig armour. Comparing a slayer to melee squigherder is bizzare because its clear they are missing a lot such as, single target harass. Armor bypassing abilities, no interrupts beyond a single knock down and no healdebuff which slayer has all of. Basically all they are good for in wb's at present is to do moderate aoe, applying pierced defence and their utility, which isn't half bad. They do need a looking at as they just seem like an unfinished product with alot of potential.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#22 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:50 pm

I personally want either: farting squig to be improved quite a bit, or exploding squig, mainly because they are funny and those abilities should be encouraged.

atolleso

Post#23 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:54 pm

Anyone mind posting a build and brief description of skill priorities? I'm just getting back into the game and only ever played as a ranged squig and feel totally lost.

Brutinho

Post#24 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 am

atolleso wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:54 pm Anyone mind posting a build and brief description of skill priorities? I'm just getting back into the game and only ever played as a ranged squig and feel totally lost.
There is 3 main ways you can build your mSH.

1) AOE harasser: Meant to help WB by debuffing enemy and bringing a bit of AOE damage

tactics: All by myself, Territorial aggression(so, no pet out) pierce defenses, (personal choice: Pick one of you own size, sneaky stabbin, Whazzat behind you, etc)

Get offensive stats to increase damage and be useful on WB play. Pre cast really bad gas, leap/run towards enemies, when you are in good position use indigestion, big bouncing, try to use big bouncing as much until the long CD on other skills is up.

2) ST 'burst': meant for small scale/sc fights. You have a pretty descent burst to assist main dps.

tactics: (my personal preference) Sneaky git, sneaky stabbin, pick one of your own size, sharper teefz

Offensive stats, try to min maxing stats with gear pieces that give crit as it is naturally low. Here you will assist the main dps by catching his target by surprise. You can play around with rotations depending on the target, but should always start this way; Precast really bad gas, leap, KD/git em (depending on immunities) and then you have different ways to go depending on the situation.

3) Tanky Aoe spec: Just an annoying/fun build. I have never used it, so maybe someone else can guide you with that one :b
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

atolleso

Post#25 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Brutinho wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 am
atolleso wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:54 pm Anyone mind posting a build and brief description of skill priorities? I'm just getting back into the game and only ever played as a ranged squig and feel totally lost.
There is 3 main ways you can build your mSH.

1) AOE harasser: Meant to help WB by debuffing enemy and bringing a bit of AOE damage

tactics: All by myself, Territorial aggression(so, no pet out) pierce defenses, (personal choice: Pick one of you own size, sneaky stabbin, Whazzat behind you, etc)

Get offensive stats to increase damage and be useful on WB play. Pre cast really bad gas, leap/run towards enemies, when you are in good position use indigestion, big bouncing, try to use big bouncing as much until the long CD on other skills is up.

2) ST 'burst': meant for small scale/sc fights. You have a pretty descent burst to assist main dps.

tactics: (my personal preference) Sneaky git, sneaky stabbin, pick one of your own size, sharper teefz

Offensive stats, try to min maxing stats with gear pieces that give crit as it is naturally low. Here you will assist the main dps by catching his target by surprise. You can play around with rotations depending on the target, but should always start this way; Precast really bad gas, leap, KD/git em (depending on immunities) and then you have different ways to go depending on the situation.

3) Tanky Aoe spec: Just an annoying/fun build. I have never used it, so maybe someone else can guide you with that one :b
Cool, thanks. For points I imagine you just max PoBouncing and take everything but the bottom tactic and use the rest in quick shootin to get run away?

Brutinho

Post#26 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:30 pm

That is correct, just take everything except first tactic (take it if you are dueling or soling, it can be usefull). As for the rest of the points, you won't be using much of the skills on the other masteries. Run away! skill can't be used while on SA :C
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

atolleso

Post#27 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Brutinho wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:30 pm That is correct, just take everything except first tactic (take it if you are dueling or soling, it can be usefull). As for the rest of the points, you won't be using much of the skills on the other masteries. Run away! skill can't be used while on SA :C
Gotcha. Last question: is there any way to achieve mount-level speed while in SA? Or do you need to get out, mount up, and re-armor as needed?

adamthelc

Post#28 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:34 pm

xanderous wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:03 pm
Brutinho wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm Slayer also doesn't have a crit dmg tactic (at least a one that someone with half a brain will use)
Oh crap, my bad. You are 100% right about that.

In any case, slayers already do an obscene amount of ST and AOE damage and bring pretty much the same utility than a mSH. So no extra damage modifiers needed.

Slayers have a crit increase tactic but it also increases their chance to be critted as well so like shaggy says its not advantageous to use but you can offset it by wearing crit dreduction gear and futile stikes. What they do have are several abilities that buff their damage overall their mechanic alone buffs them by 25% with no penalty, they also have a strength tactic, where as Melee squig have ballistic that does not convert to strength when in squig armour. Comparing a slayer to melee squigherder is bizzare because its clear they are missing a lot such as, single target harass. Armor bypassing abilities, no interrupts beyond a single knock down and no healdebuff which slayer has all of. Basically all they are good for in wb's at present is to do moderate aoe, applying pierced defence and their utility, which isn't half bad. They do need a looking at as they just seem like an unfinished product with alot of potential.
They were probably talking about fierce might. Which can be fun, but it's not the most reliably competitive tactic and slayer have decent tactic choices.

You seem to be talking about breaking point which there isnt a reason to get unless you doing GW GS and then it's a no brainer with no downside.

Its goofy comparing a SH to a mdps class because they have 3 trees of tools compared to 1. The 1 tree should be competitive at it's intended role, but it shouldn't have all the options of 3 trees.

The one thing you may have a point about is the BS tactic not adding to str. GW tanks and dps healers have the same issue though.

To me the biggest problem with mSH is that you can only use SA abilities while in SA. I think that is a technical issue though. I brought that up to torque when they first started to do the revamp. If I remember correctly he acknowledged that cut ya and dont hit me not being usable was not by choice, but they had limitations.

If a SH could use the same type of ranged abilities as an aSW can I think it would be a little more of a balanced spec. But I am not sure its within their power to do that.

Ads
Ugle

Post#29 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Nothing stops you from applying hd before entering squig armor.
inactive

Kurama

Post#30 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:12 pm

atolleso wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:11 pm
Brutinho wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:30 pm That is correct, just take everything except first tactic (take it if you are dueling or soling, it can be usefull). As for the rest of the points, you won't be using much of the skills on the other masteries. Run away! skill can't be used while on SA :C
Gotcha. Last question: is there any way to achieve mount-level speed while in SA? Or do you need to get out, mount up, and re-armor as needed?
You can mount up in SA, it just doesnt have an animation or sound effect.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x