Recent Topics

Ads

Guide to SH?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Napz12

Guide to SH?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Just looking for a basic how to on SH, I have read a few post but still am a bit foggy on whats the best spec to lvl and then tactics/RR to get and that stats will be the best and help is welcomed

Ads
zupaH

Re: Guide to SH?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 pm

It's probably best to level up as ranged. Go Path of Quick Shootin' until you're able to pick up Behind Ya!
While going there, make sure you also pick up mandatory abilities such as the 50% heal rebuff along with 50% increased range and Run Away!
Once you got all these abilities / tactics, go into Path of Big Shooting and pick up Shrapnel Arrer.
At rr60 you'll most likely respec in order to get Finish 'em off.

For renown I'd probably prioritize crit over anything, with leftover points put wherever you like, probably ballistic at low levels.
For tactics pick up Masterful Aim, Pick on Yer Own Size and Shootin' Wif Da Wind. 4th tactic once you hit 40 would be either a defensive tactic such as Run Away or Whazat Behind You?!

Statwise I'd prio Ballistic Skill until you get 40+ and then just casually drop a few weapons skill talis here and there. I, myself like having 1050 BS then put the rest into WS.

This is just a very quick guide. Feel free to look me up on Tootlez if you wanna go more in-depth with builds or have any more questions. Squig is incredibly fun and can be pretty potent in the right hands, although it's very gear and pet dependant as ranged. You have the option to go melee after rr31, which I find is the minimum level to really benefit for people melee, but just like most other melees, it shines a lot more in a group.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

berneke91

Post#3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:30 pm

I made a write up on the build i use on my RR70 SH in this post here.
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=29642&p=337471#p337471
zupaH wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 pm Go Path of Quick Shootin' until you're able to pick up Behind Ya!
You should disregard this advise 100%. Mainly because the ability is complete trash when compared with "Finish Em' Off" from Big Shootin.

In PVP you will be mostly kiting people chasing you. Very rarely will they turn their backs on you unless they are already dying, in which case "Finish Em' Off" is alot more useful than "Behind Ya!" since its an execute if target is below 20% hp and does not require them having their back towards you.

Also som general advice;

SH has probably the strongest toolset in the game since they can Knockdown, Knockback, Snare, Silence, Disarm, Healdebuff, Reduce enemy casting range and increase their own mobility. So what you need to learn is when to use which tool and against what threat.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

zupaH

Post#4 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:19 pm

berneke91 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:30 pm I made a write up on the build i use on my RR70 SH in this post here.
zupaH wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 pm Go Path of Quick Shootin' until you're able to pick up Behind Ya!
You should disregard this advise 100%. Mainly because the ability is complete trash when compared with "Finish Em' Off" from Big Shootin.

In PVP you will be mostly kiting people chasing you. Very rarely will they turn their backs on you unless they are already dying, in which case "Finish Em' Off" is alot more useful than "Behind Ya!" since its an execute if target is below 20% hp and does not require them having their back towards you.

Also som general advice;

SH has probably the strongest toolset in the game since they can Knockdown, Knockback, Snare, Silence, Disarm, Healdebuff, Reduce enemy casting range and increase their own mobility. So what you need to learn is when to use which tool and against what threat.
While I agree with you about Finish 'em Off is 10x better, that build isn't really possible running until rr60 ATLEAST imo. Having Run Away! is such a great tool to have and pretty much mandatory in my opinion. At 70 you can pick up Aimin' Quickly or Shrapnel Arrer, both are very good and it depends really on YOUR playstyle. I myself, prefer Aimin' Quickly.

I also mentioned that you should respec Finish 'em Off later when you reach that specific renown rank.
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

berneke91

Post#5 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 pm

zupaH wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:19 pm
berneke91 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:30 pm I made a write up on the build i use on my RR70 SH in this post here.

Also som general advice;

While I agree with you about Finish 'em Off is 10x better, that build isn't really possible running until rr60 ATLEAST imo. Having Run Away! is such a great tool to have and pretty much mandatory in my opinion. At 70 you can pick up Aimin' Quickly or Shrapnel Arrer, both are very good and it depends really on YOUR playstyle. I myself, prefer Aimin' Quickly.

I also mentioned that you should respec Finish 'em Off later when you reach that specific renown rank.
Its doable at r40rr40.

13 points into Big Shootin + Finish Em Off
9 points Quick Shootin + Rotten Arrer & Run Away.
Gives you 1 point left to either grab Shrapnel or Go 1 point higher in Quick SHootin.

Shootin Wif Da Wind is a QOL tactic. It is doable to kite without it.

Bottom line is that Finish Em off is to good to ignore.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

zupaH

Post#6 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 am

Not running range tactic just puts you in a larger disadvantage than you already are as a squig on this server. You definitely need the range.
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

atolleso

Post#7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 am

I just respec'ed to full big shooting splashing into quick for run away and it's changed my whole perception of the class. The two tactics boosting poison arrer are great and make for that and plink to be solid damage skills for bursting down. Firing the poison arrer and following with the quick firing skill can drop a soft target from 60% before they notice and defend.

zupaH

Post#8 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 am

Big Shooting spec can be fun, but for me it it drops all the utility in the class that you have through movement-casting. Being stationary for long periods of time to keep up a poison arrer rotation could be very deadly, seeing as how squishy we really are right now. (Screw you white lions and asw's!)
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Ads