Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Some Orkish Math

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

[Choppa] Some Orkish Math

Post#1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:20 am

Hello! How does actually stack choppa's Berserk and Flanking? The first one give +50% damage and the second one give +15% damage, so if x is base damage then the total damage will be x*(1.5)*(1.15) or it will be x*(1.65)?
How does generally work % damage bonus, like the Vanquisher one for example?
How does exactly work Stab You Gooder? a normal critical hit will multiply base damage for 1.5, so with Stab You Gooder you multiply it for 1.75 or for (1.5)*(1.25)?
And finally: if i use both Flaking and Stab You Gooder and then i critically hit an enemy while in Berserk how can i calculate the damage before mitigation?

Edit:
I've done some testing against the dummies in IC, naked with a green weapon, and from what i've seen the math should be:
if you deal x damages and you are in Berserk while slottig Flanking you deal x*(1.65) damages and if you crit then you deal x*(1.65)*(1.5). Finally if you slot both Flanking and Stab You Gooder and critically hit while you are in Berserk you deal x*(1.65)*(1.75) damsges.
Actually i still can't understand where Vaquisher bonus is been applied.
Last edited by Ysaran on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: Some Orkish Math

Post#2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Get a friend and test it. Or ask in /5

roadkillrobin

Re: Some Orkish Math

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm

On live version I remeber Flanking working really wonky and you ended up with Flanking only giving 7,5% if you where in Berzerk and 11% if Furiuos. Can't speek for stacking rules here tho.
SYG was always working as intended and stacking x1,4-x1,6 up to x1,65-x1,85 damage.

Ysaran

Re: [Choppa] Some Orkish Math

Post#4 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:21 pm Get a friend and test it. Or ask in /5
Wow, you have to be a real fun at parties, don't you?
Zputadenti

Grock

Post#5 » Wed May 04, 2022 6:43 pm

Lmao this spambot

In case someone is curious about OP question all flat dmg% increase bonuses are additive (or at least supposed to be, if not - its a bug)

So Berserk + Flanking + Bloodlord wep will give you +70% dmg or 170% total damage
Which is kinda why % bonuses aren't so hot for slayer/choppa: since we already can have +50% from Berserk further increases are worth less relatively, for example going 150% to 165% with Flanking is only 10% relative increase
(and of course it gets even less for yellow zone finishers, but the same logic applies to finisher bonus itself: it is only ~16.6% more damage compared to Berserk bonus, which isn't that much considering having to drop rage drop or waste a tactic slot, and is one of the reasons why 2h builds aren't so hot either)

Also base crit damage varies from +35% to +55% damage (if i recall correctly, lower end might be even lower, need to run tests again), but crit damage bonuses don't increase the spread, so the more crit dmg you have the more reliable it becomes :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Hey,

just in case there is another weird bot....I close this dead topic