Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Builds/Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jabba

Shaman Builds/Gear

Post#1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:07 am

I see people asking in some other threads so thought I'd just make a main post with a collection of up to date builds for shammy. Please let me know if you see anything that I've got wrong.

DPS:
Standard Roaming/Dps Build:
RoR.builders - Shaman
Great kiting ability with RUN AWAY and sticky feetz, requires rr70 for full spec (drop scuse me if you're sub 70)

Alternative Dps build with silence:
RoR.builders - Shaman
Slightly higher damage, not as well suited for roaming as the first build due to the loss of sticky feetz, the silence allows you to actually threaten healers however.

RR: If im going dps I like to actually do dps, so I just go full glass cannon (full magic crit and full Intelligence), swap the last stage of magic crit for futile strikes if you want a bit more survivability instead.

Gear: As a fresh 40 I would run 4 pc Dominator (Boots, gloves, belt and helm) and 2pc Merc (chest and Shoulders), 3pc Beastlord (cloak/jewel and pocket), 39 sc weapon and anything that gives your intelligence for the other jewel slots or 3pc winds impervious set for more survivability. This is all very quick and easy to get and will last you just fine as you slowly get BiS gear.
Gear you should work towards: 5 pc Oppressor (Helm, Chest, Belt, Gloves and Boots), Bloodlord shoulders and cloak (stick with Beastlord 3pc for now as Bastion Stair cloak will take an age to get) bastion stairs or 61 sc weapon. At least 2pc genesis (remnant and aspect is the best) This leaves 1 extra jewel slot which can either be exquisite gunbad jet, genesis fragment, Icon of the seer (from green rvr bag) or harbinger jewelry.
Throw intelligence talis in everything.

Heal:
Cookie cutter heal spec:
RoR.builders - Shaman
Great survivability with both Whazat Behind you?! (auto detaunt) and Run away!. Imo the best starting starting spec for newer healers as it is very straightforward and pretty forgiving.
Alternative Tactics:
Ain't Don Yet! (extra healing when target is low or affected by 'Shrug it Off'). Can swap either RUN AWAY! or Whazat Behind You!? for this for more healing potential at the cost of personal suvivability (although if you get in a tough spot and have Shrug it off available to throw on yourself this isn't true)
Green Cleanin' (hot on cleanse), would probably swap this in for Restorative Burst if I'm duo/trio roaming as you're not using group heal much at all in that case, you now have access to 4 heal over times you can put on a target.

Morale Pump warband build:
RoR.builders - Shaman
Pretty self explanatory, instant res people who die, use 'Ere We Go! as much as possible, lay down your Sticky Feetz and spam group heal as well as throw out a couple of hots here and there.

Healing a melee train:
RoR.builders - Shaman
The best spec for getting high healing numbers (and for fun imo). It isn't quite as simple and straight forward as other specs and requires rr70. Doesn't really work all that well for pugs as both the damage and the heal radius on 'Fury of da Green' is low (and pugs are generally all over the place). Therefore it works best healing a melee train where everyone is compact and assisting on one target.
Don't see many people at all using this spec so I'll explain a bit:
Build up your class mechanic via hots/normal heals as you would normally. When you've built up a bit of your class mechanic, Fury of Da Green cast time becomes shorter, costs less ap and becomes castable on the move. This means that every 5 seconds you get a 30 ap, 1.2s cast aoe heal that you can use while moving. Throw an assist macro on your target caller if you don't want to always waste time targeting people yourself, or manually target an enemy surrounded by as many other enemies as possible for a higher heal, start the cast and during the cast make sure your defensive target is who you want to heal (and ideally in the middle of a bunch of other friendly players). Then just make sure that in the 5 sec cd of Fury of da Green you throw out 1 hot/heal/cleanse to get your mechanic back up to 5 stacks. Even if Fury of da Green is disrupted (which is kind of rare anyway as it has 20% disrupt strikethrough) you still get an aoe heal of just shy of 1k, you just lose the extra healing it gains from doing damage. The range on Fury of da Green is only 80ft so you do have to make sure you follow the action a bit more closely.

RR: Go full futile strikes first, then add healing crit.
Gear: Generally you want to work in full sets so full conqueror --> full vanquisher --> full invader but there's more choices in the other slots. Throw armour/wounds/toughness talismans in available slots
Subjugator or 61 sc weapon now it has ap regen. (39 sc weapon does just fine until you get one of those)
For the Cloak and jewel slots there are quite a few combinations that work so mix and match:
3pc BL for armour bonus and extra tali slot (Cloak/jewel and pocket)
3pc Winds impervious for high resists and extra armour (see link below)
Broke Toof/Black Toof for 2pc bonus of -chance to be crit (again see link below)
Skaven ring/exquisite gunbad diamond for 1pc bonus of -chance to be crit
Genesis pieces
Subjugator cloak and the green toughness cloak aren't terrible standalone pieces either
Invader jewel will obviously take a slot here if you have it too.

Link to tome unlock thread to get winds impervious/Broke Toof/Black Toof
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13566&sid=544856edf ... 9e2d48ff3a
Last edited by Jabba on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
mthoming

Re: Shaman Builds/Gear

Post#2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks for this!

Fey

Post#3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 am

The shaman does not have the burst healing to run both run away and whazzat. Green cleaning and aint done yet are good alternatives. I don't use either and rely on detaunt and positioning. If you absolutely need one use whazzat, run away is for kiting warbands. WL will eat you anyway.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Dammy095

Post#4 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 am

Fey wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 am The shaman does not have the burst healing to run both run away and whazzat. Green cleaning and aint done yet are good alternatives. I don't use either and rely on detaunt and positioning. If you absolutely need one use whazzat, run away is for kiting warbands. WL will eat you anyway.
exactly, thats what i run, green cleaning can crit, scale well with willpower and stacks with itself if you have cooldown reduction. aint done yet also amazing, actually helps to save up gits who almost died
common opinion is "dead healer cant heal" so people slotting defensive talis/tactics/rr , but shaman is not zealot, you cant heal **** with 490 willpower and runaway

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 am

Yes you can heal with 500 willpower

Dammy095

Post#6 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:00 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 am Yes you can heal with 500 willpower
i know what you talking about, i was one who thought same way
but in reality there a difference in healing, and you wont survive wl anyway

arnagob

Post#7 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:00 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 am Yes you can heal with 500 willpower
i know what you talking about, i was one who thought same way
but in reality there a difference in healing, and you wont survive wl anyway
Are you really dieing to a WL alone ?
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

spiritbull

Post#8 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Single DPS, including WL never was an issue for any heal. If you get destroyed by a single WL, consider detaunt usage and add some defence gear\renown points.
2-3 of them will probably kill you, but if a single can, than you're definitely doing something wrong.
Dead cannot heal, so for scenarios consider using defence gear like: conc, 3 Beast Lord pieces with armor tali, I saw even guys with The Winds Impervious set.
BUT on my shammy I don't experience any issues with full Vanc, full Genesis.

For WB play you can use whatever you want, anyway with right positioning you'll die last. If experience issues with positioning, consider using wounds talis to survive morale drops (not really needed from my point of view)

Ads
onekiu

Post#9 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi Jabba, could you please reupload your builds?

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:41 pm

onekiu wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm Hi Jabba, could you please reupload your builds?
The builds are still valid.
Dying is no option.