Recent Topics

Ads

just let's talk about SH's tactics

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alfa1986

just let's talk about SH's tactics

Post#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 pm

I have looked for a similar topic, but after viewing pages 5 I didn’t see anything, so I’ll create a new one. As I understand it, now developers are thinking about some kind of adjustment for the squig herder class. And I would like ask some questions. Maybe I just don’t understand something, let someone explain then. I dont tell about some balance, i dont understand with it anything and have not never spoken about it. Just i want to make some discussion about useless sh's tactics. In my opinion SH have completely useless some tactics these I never use and which is needed some reworked. It is clear that ABM + TA + sneaky git + something else at the moment are the best and all use this compilation, but I'm not talking about it right now. lets go.
1. There is a tactic 'too smart for dat', which increase +252 spirit resist. when and why to use it and to spend a whole slot on it I don’t understand(if it would be increase +252 all resists it is more usefull and have possibility to use in def spec).
2. tactic 'he's a biggun'' increase of 160 str and touf battle squig, well, I do not know who is using in RVR, but mb it can only be in solo questing, and then hardly.

3. tactics 'str in numbas' moral pump, I don’t know why, but in my battles on the forts there was an opinion that there is no moral spirit, it’s not getting faster, maybe this opinion is not correct, it’s interesting to know who else uses this tactic in the mass RVR and how much it was effective ??
4. tactics 'da smell dont bother me' regen hp when a herder in squig armor. Regen 120 hp every 5 seconds is just ridiculous, while even any bright wizard in 5 seconds can safely kill u. please explain to me in what situations it can be useful, otherwise I can’t imagine of anything, even in PvE?(it would be worth using if can healing although 500-1000 xp for 5 sec or 120 in 1 sec).
tactics ' clever shooting' reduces the cost of the abilities of the big shooting's path by 35%, what is the point of choosing it if already in the basic tactics there are 2 for reg AP? this is the best spot for tactic" -10% block, parry, dodge".

5. tactics 'ere, squiggy', 25% chance to transfer 50% damage to a pet, my opinion is a controversial tactic. For RVR, I think that ppl dont use it, for the PVE only mb it is useful for solo questing in conjunction with the tactics of summoning a battle squig without cooldown. (it would be work in rvr if a pet will be more survivable).
6. tactics 'da waaagh iz strong' would be very good if we could add the rotten arrer for 15 seconds also to it, at the moment it is useless. and finally, tactics 'splinterin arrers', run N shoot the cost is increasing and most important, damage is reduced by 30%. 30% it seems to me this is a lot, plus losing a whole slot for this tactic I don’t think that there is much sense in it(it woukd be worth without condition -30% dps).

Thanks for reading and time spent.

I apologize for mistakes if any.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: just let's talk about SH's tactics

Post#2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm

1: All career have unused / useless tactic like this one
2: he’s a biggun has sense back when squig armor were a temporary buff , and it was like you jump in the pet (your pet were removed and you can’t summon any) , so it also increased your battle Squig Sté and toughness
3: da smell don’t bother me had another purpose and the actual effect is as useless as slayer/choppa
4: ere squiggly is fine for solo
5: shoot n run tactic should reduce te range by 30% not the damage IMO.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Collateral

Post#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm 5: shoot n run tactic should reduce te range by 30% not the damage IMO.
Would be an okish change, but wouldn't make range sh any more desirable in wbs cuz of the bad gas change (and of course the m2). Also it's pretty bad when you need a tactic to make one skill an aoe skill, when there are classes that have half a dozen aoe skills that require no tactics to use. I wpuld rather move it up the tree and make it so that it affects more than one skill.

Alfa1986

Post#4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:28 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm 1: All career have unused / useless tactic like this one
2: he’s a biggun has sense back when squig armor were a temporary buff , and it was like you jump in the pet (your pet were removed and you can’t summon any) , so it also increased your battle Squig Sté and toughness
3: da smell don’t bother me had another purpose and the actual effect is as useless as slayer/choppa
4: ere squiggly is fine for solo
5: shoot n run tactic should reduce te range by 30% not the damage IMO.
thanks for the clarification, now I see that many useless tactics have their origin the release when the mechanics of playing for squig was a little different.
Collateral wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm 5: shoot n run tactic should reduce te range by 30% not the damage IMO.
Would be an okish change, but wouldn't make range sh any more desirable in wbs cuz of the bad gas change (and of course the m2). Also it's pretty bad when you need a tactic to make one skill an aoe skill, when there are classes that have half a dozen aoe skills that require no tactics to use. I wpuld rather move it up the tree and make it so that it affects more than one skill.
Well, range aoe is generally not the greatest strength of the squig. perhaps it would be interesting in battles at forts (mass rvr)in range spec in pug wbs.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

BeautfulToad

Post#5 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:09 am

He's a biggun will get more use now the tactic which buffs you in armour withour a pet has been temporarily removed.