Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Is there any place for ranged SH in pvp?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
spiritbull

[SH] Is there any place for ranged SH in pvp?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 am

Just seen a similar topic regarding SW and decided to check community opinion regarding SH
RR40-RR76 I played mainly melee spec, almost complete BIS set of gear, but with recent ABM+TA fix and talks about melee SH rework, I want to check if there are any alternatives.

For RVR, ranged SH is unlikely to have a place in wb, melee spec still have much better aoe potential and a few utility abilities (channeling knockback and kaboom) usefull in wb vs wb fights.
But does ranged SH have a place in 6 man? Can all the utility replace low damage and lack of survivability (sh is the easiest food for cat in the game, i think...)?

Please share your thoughts, possibly advise how to make a useful ranged SH (please not a balance proposals, but advices regarding existing tools)

Thanks!

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [SH] Is there any place for ranged SH in pvp?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Ranged SH/SW are almost perfect mirrors for AoE: they both suck big time. SH are unmatched kiters (except by Shamans) so if you are running a 6 man kite group they work great for that. They also bring more burst than a SW will but still does not reach near the burst rotation of Sorc/Magus.

They’re pretty much in the same boat as SW at the end of the day.
<Montague><Capulet>

zupaH

Post#3 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Not sure in what way a SH brings more burst than a SW? seeing as I havn't played my SW much since t4 just got released, I felt way more bursty on the SW. Seeing as you have Flanking Shot, Barrage, VoN etc etc.

However, I do agree that they're both pretty much equal otherwise. Both have their pro's and con's, but it just happens to only be cons for a range SW/SH in a warband.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

spiritbull

Post#4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Comparing ranged SH and DD Shama, what's preferable for 6 man?

BeautfulToad

Post#5 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Pretty much same as conversation about rSW in the other thread. Not been SW but i suspect the ranged are similar. Ranged Squigs are not as terrible as people say, main issue is it is only ST, the melee builds are generally stronger, and other classes probably do ST ranged better than you.

Still, you can make a decent ranged SH but you need to go full glass cannon. This means everything kills you 1v1. Unlike shammie.

You are well suited to hit casters and healers with debuffs and various damage types etc. That means you sit slightly in front of your own backline, and in close range of a lot of their dps who see you as a soft target.

Generally rSW/Engi/rSH is the reason healers sometimes stock up with armour tallies.

In orvr, there is a place for every class. There is just a lot of RDPS classes competing with MDPS for 2 slots in each party if you go premade. On a plus BS tallies are cheap on destro.

Alfa1986

Post#6 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

on life there were special parties which consists of only squigs with autofocus addon. were very effective and productive, 4 range squigs automatically constantly striking the target and two healers, killed bombsquads very quickly. i ve never seen such here. mecanics was changed mb now it is not actual anymore.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

spiritbull

Post#7 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:29 pm
Generally rSW/Engi/rSH is the reason healers sometimes stock up with armour tallies.
My second char is Shaman, and I'm stucking armor tallies by the single reason - WL. rSW or two can be ignored and outhealed with aoe spam, Engies are a threat only in snipe parties. But WL will melt you for knockdown time, it you're not in def.
Basically, thanks for all replies, looks I better work on dd equip for shama rather then trying to do smth with rSH

Sorry for that sad thread..

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 pm

spiritbull wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm

My second char is Shaman, and I'm stucking armor tallies by the single reason - WL. rSW or two can be ignored and outhealed with aoe spam
WLs certainly, but not really sure why you posted this thread. rSW is a pain in the ass if you are getting ganked. Indeed a rSW + WL means you simply cannot kite as healer (WL KD, ranged KD, and pounce).

rSH has solid attacks and is a threat, it is actually more useful on destro than rSW on order because their engi mirror is all int based, and rSH is the only ranged physical dps on destro roster - unless I am missing someone.

Shammie is solid and you cant go wrong but rSH is not nearly as terrible as people make out.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

zupaH wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm Not sure in what way a SH brings more burst than a SW? seeing as I havn't played my SW much since t4 just got released, I felt way more bursty on the SW. Seeing as you have Flanking Shot, Barrage, VoN etc etc.

However, I do agree that they're both pretty much equal otherwise. Both have their pro's and con's, but it just happens to only be cons for a range SW/SH in a warband.
SW used to have more burst but there’s have been a lot of nerfs to it since August 2017. Finish ‘em Off is the main reason why SH can be more viable ranges than SW damage wise and the fact that you have access to your abilities in a logical order (again the nerfs messed up stance dancing to benefit decent SW). It’s not s big gap by any means but it’s there; it might even be logical since depending on how you weigh the importance of RKD vs Burst vs Mobility.
<Montague><Capulet>

Darks63

Post#10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm
zupaH wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm Not sure in what way a SH brings more burst than a SW? seeing as I havn't played my SW much since t4 just got released, I felt way more bursty on the SW. Seeing as you have Flanking Shot, Barrage, VoN etc etc.

SW used to have more burst but there’s have been a lot of nerfs to it since August 2017. Finish ‘em Off is the main reason why SH can be more viable ranges than SW damage wise and the fact that you have access to your abilities in a logical order (again the nerfs messed up stance dancing to benefit decent SW). It’s not s big gap by any means but it’s there; it might even be logical since depending on how you weigh the importance of RKD vs Burst vs Mobility.
Squig still have access to the SF+ SB combo to which can be a death sentence to any squishy. while SWW no longer have UF to blow people up.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.