Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc - Best 2h DPS Build?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
edwgon3

Black Orc - Best 2h DPS Build?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:58 am

Hey everyone,

I am rather new to this game. Played it very little back when it first launched so go easy on me! Currently, I am playing BO (after switching from Chosen) because I wanted a tank class to build as a DPS. Obviously I could've gone choppa, marauder, etc. but the peeps I'm playing with currently are a choppa + DoK/Zealot. So I decided to go with either Chosen or BO. I was told BO had better 2H Dps damage than a chosen so I decided to go that route though I originally was inclined to do Chosen (for looks mostly).

That being said, what is the best build for a 2h DPS Chosen? What stats should I prioritize, what RR should I focus on, gear sets at end game, etc.... I have been looking around the forums and piecing stuff together but figured I'd open this and see if I could get a more tailored answer. Thanks in advance, appreciate any input and advice! :D

Ads
Noslock

Re: Black Orc - Best 2h DPS Build?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 am

For a sc/6man 2h build i would go with the standard https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4488,4486

Consider that to be efficient as a 2h Bo you need decent gear and decent renown rank so my advice is to pile up emblems from sc and buy your full dominator set .Add beastlord backpiece jewel and pocket item and you have a starter set with nice bonus.As for the tactics in the build thats the one i would use if i have a good heal support.If you pug or solo stuff you may want to tone down the offense and build a little more defence (for example using wound / toughness tactics to give you a little more survivability).Once you get your dominator you can mix in oppressor gear or go for bloodlord gear if you have the patience for pve.After that you probably want a offensive sovereign /warlord mix or a warlord/bloodlord mix but it will take a while.
For weapons you can start with the epic quest one with parry/evade disrupt proc then win a bag in rvr and get the purple subjugator and next farm your way to the sc rr45 and rr61 one.If you want a little more defense you can do city dungeons and buy yourself Boon that has a nice parry/evade and disrupt proc.If you wanna go yolo you can get the bloodlord 2h from bastion stairs dungeon.
As usual my advice is to avoid totally to play 2h inside a wb cause you will melt fast,there are far better dps class to do the job and you have to survive and buff your party but ofc 2h orc is totally fine in sc and 6 man.

As for renown when i spec 2h i usually go parry dodge/disrupt and futile strike to lower the chance to be crit to 0 and rest of the points in initiative or melee crit depending on what im doing and what set im using.
As for talisman i basically have 2 of each sets one full initiative socket and 1 full str socket
Try to prioritize str/weapon skill and have decent wounds and toughness.For weapons skill remember that you can buff your own and your defensive target one plus you have access to a small armour debuff so you dont need that high value .For str start aiming at something like 600+ and try to balance toughness.
Last edited by Noslock on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 am

RoR.builders - Black Orc

This seems very nice even with the focused offense. Most of the time you will have 20 seconds you wot?!?! buff and then 10 seconds you are vulnerable for armour and 20 % slow. Use 2hander with parry/dodge/disrupt proc or movement speed proc. This would be insanely good with Choppa with gear that has 25 % aa dmg proc(dps dok/wp reallllly needs this proc and onslaught proc for dmg), and witch elf that specs sacrificial stabb for 50 % aa dmg. So choppa with berserk does+ 125% aa dmg(25%crit dmg tactic) and welf +125% aa dmg (50%crit dmg tactic, maybe 50 % armour pene tac also) and ofc all in group also have 25 % more aa dmg. BLORCS RULE
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:40 am

Man i wish black orcs still had this ability! Abilities like this would be very interesting for 2h tank

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/w ... tta_My_Way!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

stmarrow

Post#5 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:37 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 am RoR.builders - Black Orc
No CD reducer on Waaagh?

Assuming you run 6pc alt sov (another +15% crit damage), I prefer +crit chance tactic to parry/flat damage tactic. It hits quite a bit harder after toughness mitigation.

Sinisterror

Post#6 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:33 pm

stmarrow wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:37 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 am RoR.builders - Black Orc
No CD reducer on Waaagh?

Assuming you run 6pc alt sov (another +15% crit damage), I prefer +crit chance tactic to parry/flat damage tactic. It hits quite a bit harder after toughness mitigation.
Well you get kind of permanent 40 % dmg buff + 65 % dmg buff to AA + 40 % Critical dmg on top of that, and now with trivial blows + liniment every one can get -50 % Critical dmg permanently. If you can stack lots % dmg to high (+70% dmg/95 % AA dmg with taunt) you can do very nice dmg while having nice survivability.

BTW that link for some reason doesnt work but blorc seemed to have very early or in beta skill that knocbacked 1 ally 30 feet away and that ally detaunted all enemies 50 % less dmg for 10 seconds, and it wasnt guard so i would love that skill, aoe detaunt + kb in 1 skill : D on your own ally is very nice! + would make very unique skill but sounds very tank like.