Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder - New player, WTH?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
draggs65

Squig Herder - New player, WTH?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:32 am

Just started playing about 3 weeks ago. I am/was playing a SH. WHAT THE HECK is going on with this class?

I can't find any up to date info or guides.
I ask in Advice channel and get told to reroll something else 99% of the time.

Are they that bad?

Ads
Boomie82

Re: Squig Herder - New player, WTH?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:08 am

melee squig is really good.
range sucks. gets a bit better with high end gear
devs are working on a "rework/buff" for range squig if im correct

zarbix guide should still be up to date
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUFrngIvs4s

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:41 am

rSH is very gear dependant but can be lots of fun if set up right.

First of all get mayhem set (mini conqueror for rSHs) followed by conqueror and invader with double anathema.
Invest in BS and WS till 40/45 and switch to ALL the range crit you can get once you are in full conq.

As for build I'd recommend quick shooting as it's more mobile and versatile than big shooting IMO.
As for playstyle... Rotate your squigs (gotta use them all), use terrain to hide and learn each and every skill - they are all useful.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

XsorrowerX

Post#4 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:01 pm

You need to dig through the greenskin forums to find stuff, some of it is deep/old info, but still relevant.

As for opinions on the class, I'd say it's a pretty unique and fun class to play, but the ranged spec has poor damage unless you keep up with gear/gear out correctly. You can do pretty well in the RvR lakes and can do okay in scenarios with a dedicated team, has good cc and heal debuff. It's a good assist/focus class.

For forts/cities and large scale, you will find it hard, unless you go melee spec for aoe damage. And as for melee spec in general, it is in a very good spot right now, strong even.

I kind of switch back and forth when I get tired of one spec.

xruptor

Post#5 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:56 pm

I pretty much had the same reaction with my Shaman as you did with your Squig Herder. If you enjoy the Squig Herder, Just stick to it. I ended up sticking with my Shaman and I enjoy it. Just don't listen to the other folks and play what you like.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=40637
Last edited by xruptor on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

draggs65

Post#6 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:12 am

thanks for the replies