Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] SnB and 2H

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Noslock

Re: [BO] SnB and 2H

Post#11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Majorian wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:51 pm Hey all, after playing this game for a bit and really bouncing around classes I've come to enjoy the BO.

That said, I was wondering what spec I should be while leveling? I've dipped my toes in the water with 2H and SnB. Is there a specific spec thats better/worse for leveling?

When I reach 40 whats the "go to spec"? Is it SnB or 2H?
The go spec depends on what you wanna do.
For general rvr wb use you wanna run s/b aiming at something like this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4464,7576 no point running 2h in a open rvr wb you are goin to melt fast even with bis gear.

For small scale/6man/city wb if you have decent gear you can go 2h (and for decent gear i would say bloodlord at least if you wanna do something useful and yes someone will say dominator is good enuff but considering everyone and his mother runs around in sov/wl or bloodlord mix your dominator will make you melt fast) and you can run 2h with waagh to benefit your party while lowering your damage or the classic 2h build a little more selfish but more fun https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4488,4486 as 4th tactic i usually swap between loudmouth if i go around solo or bring em on (to spam big un in city no stop)

As for renown with s/b u want full block/full parry/3 fs/rest to dd and with 2h i usually run full parry 3fs rest in melee crit (or you can sacrifice melee crit and build a little more defensive with dd) but really depends on your party healers.In both cases my chance to be crit are below 0 .The difference in renown specs is why its not so easy to have 1 build working good for 2h/sb unless you go s/b without putting any point in block and i would not do that if i was you

Ads
Vri

Post#12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 pm

My rank 38 BO might need a little help with dmg. I tend to heal and deal about the same amount in an SC. I protect well, i tend to be right under The Chosen(s). But i can not deal out enough dmg to really put pressure on the front line, i am holding.

Reymus

Post#13 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:33 am

New player here, and I was wondering about ORvR/Keeps/Forts.

I rolled a BO, and leveling wasn't tough or hard, but as a 40/50 SnB BO, I find that in defense and offensive sieges and forts I really can't do much of anything.

It seems like if I push with the frontline, I get melted quickly, much more quickly than melee dps it seems and I don't really know what hits me. On the other hand, I see other BO's and on the other side, KoTBS, IBs just wade into groups of Destro, knockback and run back to their teams above 50% if that.

Is there anything I should be doing other than Hold the Line and when melee closes in, to melee block?

Noslock

Post#14 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Reymus wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:33 am New player here, and I was wondering about ORvR/Keeps/Forts.

I rolled a BO, and leveling wasn't tough or hard, but as a 40/50 SnB BO, I find that in defense and offensive sieges and forts I really can't do much of anything.

It seems like if I push with the frontline, I get melted quickly, much more quickly than melee dps it seems and I don't really know what hits me. On the other hand, I see other BO's and on the other side, KoTBS, IBs just wade into groups of Destro, knockback and run back to their teams above 50% if that.

Is there anything I should be doing other than Hold the Line and when melee closes in, to melee block?
Supposing you are running the proper s/b spec with proper rr point assigned(block and futile strike are quite necessary for s/b then parry and dd) if you have healers you should not drop that easy.

Hold the line boost your disrupt and dodge by 45% and its used to also protect allies behind you from ranged and magic damage

CHM is not only for when melee closes in.
    CHM boost your block chances by 50% and paired with the block from gear and renown you should be around 90% total block chance (and block defends vs any damage being magic/ranged or melee).
      CHM is the perfect emergency button when you are being focused a little too much.At 40/50 you are probably running full conq which is not that bad as a tank set but ofc its still a low rr gear set and cant do miracle when you decide to go balls deep in the enemy blob.

Learn positioning,increase your rr and gear,know the healers you can trust and those who you should not trust .

Build morale before pushing in (be it m2 damage reduction or m4 both are good and add a little of survavibility to you and those around you/party) ,use challenge on enemy dps to make em do less damage to your allies.

Have a shitload of absorb pots + double heal pots (officer one + craftable one) + armour pots and liniment.

Sometimes the reason you drop fast is that you are guarding a brainless dps who just rush in geared in paper and you melt by guard damage.Know your guarded dps.A good one will try to avoid the bomb and circle the enemy and make your life easier.

Have patience,in a battlefield full of full sov geared players goin around in conq is not the most exciting experience especially if you are the one who have to take the beating in melee.

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Man i miss SnB offensive black orc when you could use T'ree hit combo.
      "To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Bignusty

Post#16 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 pm

What about Talisman on end game gear as a 2H BO ? Prio Toughness ? Str ?

I'm RR 82 full bloodlord i have enough Crest for warlords but i'm plyaing main tank whit guild so def sovereign first !

Noslock

Post#17 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 am

Bignusty wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 pm What about Talisman on end game gear as a 2H BO ? Prio Toughness ? Str ?

I'm RR 82 full bloodlord i have enough Crest for warlords but i'm plyaing main tank whit guild so def sovereign first !
      I have a 5wl 3 dps sov set with mix tough / strenght for solo around and a 5 dps sov 3 wl set for group/city wb with full str.On my solo set with selfbuff on and wounds/toughness tactic i reach 800 toughness 700 str 500+ ws and 11k+ wounds with 70% parry when weapon proc.On the other set its up to you how much glasscannon you wanna be but i can go up to 900+ str and 56% crit if i feel the need for it (especially if you swap the 3 wl for 3 oppressor).

Chisakilla

Post#18 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Hey everyone,

i reached with my SnB BO Lvl 40 / RR 51 and i just don't know how to equip and what to focus for.

As i get Vanquisher in Bag Loot, i try get to them. But this takes time.

At the moment im wearing full Annihaltor Set.

I got 1 x Genesis Aspect and 2 Warrants and slotted them. I don't have enough Conquerer Tokens, just bought the belt.
      So how to equip better the next days / weeks?

Is it worth to run PVE or slot SC items?

Ads
      Kornaker

Post#19 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Snb just buy conqueror boots and the other vanquisher when you loot them, you'll buy vanquisher shoes just for having next lvl token 5 vanquisher+ 1 conq boots is bis till you are with Sovereign. Just remember in vanquisher you'll don't have morale Pump on head so you need tactic which pump morale when you block and if you take Waaagh + tactic you'll be quickly M2-M3-M4 on warband demand

Noslock

Post#20 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Chisakilla wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:10 pm Hey everyone,

i reached with my SnB BO Lvl 40 / RR 51 and i just don't know how to equip and what to focus for.

As i get Vanquisher in Bag Loot, i try get to them. But this takes time.

At the moment im wearing full Annihaltor Set.

I got 1 x Genesis Aspect and 2 Warrants and slotted them. I don't have enough Conquerer Tokens, just bought the belt.
      So how to equip better the next days / weeks?

Is it worth to run PVE or slot SC items?
      Full conq is not bad as first s/b tank set if you have currency for it.If you need the gloves and boots you can even buy them from ah or ask someone to buy them for you with currency.If you find me in game feel free to ask i have like 5k or something like that spare conqueror medals and even more vanquishers so i can buy those for you for free if you still need.Then you can move to vanq/invader mix once you get the rank/currency. As for the rest of equipment your goal is gettin 2/3 genesis piece (i use generally 2 on tank set.Avoidin the shard you want to prioritize the fragment one ) on the third slot i can run sentinel ring with block jewel if i go s/b or parry jewel if i go 2h) and the 4th slot is dedicated to inv/sov/wl jewel.If you have no luck with genesis a decent jewel set for starters tank is the wind impervious set that boost you resistence by a bit. https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Impervious
      You can also farm sc to buy the rr39 1h and shield for starters so you can then move to the rr45 and rr61 ones.