Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa End Game Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Orgruk
Posts: 167

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#51 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:39 am

Malykhai wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:59 am
Grock wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am

So final options looks something like this:
5p Sov + 3p warlord for max WS/armorpen, this will let you get closer to Invader-level armorpen
For this set the WL pieces would boots, gloves, and shoulders?
When I was in 5/3 I went for :
- SoV berserker : Helmet, Shoudlers, Torso, Belt, Cloak
- Warlord : Gloves, Boots, Ring
- Weapon 1 : Gorebringer or Plunda
- Weapon 2 : Plunda or Gorebringer

Note that if you go for a double Gore or a double Plunda, the proc % won't stack, they'll be on their own for each weapon.

You can also modify this 5/3 to go for 4/3 like this, but you'll have to sacrifice Crit in benefit of Armor Pen. :
- SoV berserker : Helmet, Shoudlers, Torso, Belt
- Warlord : Gloves, Boots, Ring
- Beastlord : Cloak, Ring and Pocket
- Weapon 1 : Gorebringer or Plunda
- Weapon 2 : Plunda or Gorebringer

The second option is litterally a "Kan Opener" as you'll almost max out Armor Pen. through WS (don't forget to full WS with your RR and leave Crit aside) : like this.
Secrets wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 pm
In my opinion next round of changes should.... re-tune of Choppa's 1h AOE abilities vs the output of Slayer 1h AOE abilities

Image

Ads
User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 747

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#52 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 am

vastou wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 pm
is there a softcap on WS?
A point that, after reaching that number, its become less and less interesting to spent on? I have heard something that post 60% pen armor it becomes less and less effective
I do not believe so. As far as I am concerned, for Choppa/Slayer the more WS the better. Especially when it comes to pushing to 70% since that is the best thing about Invader and Sov is that you can boost your armor piercing that high.

Mechanically, as a stat, I believe it softcaps in 1000 range and I think armor pen might have a softcap just like armor at 75% but since you likely won't get quite that high all the time unless you min/max WS, I wouldnt worry about it too much.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/75) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Orgruk
Posts: 167

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#53 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:21 am

Soft cap for STR or WS is at 1050, beyond this point you'll have to invest more than 1 point on gear/potion to gain 1 STR or WS on stat doll.

An easy way to witness this : look at the color of the numbers on your character sheet, when it's Orange it means you've reached the soft cap.

Slayers don't have to worry that much on Armor Pen. since they have Rampage, but for Choppas, regarding nowadays meta, it's a must have : you'll have more sustained damage and rely less on random crits when it pleases Gork ... or Mork. :mrgreen:

So my advice for Choppas regarding actual state of the game (and that's just my humble point of view) :
- overcap STR to reduce target's parry chance (should be around 1100 with potion)
- max Armor Pen and WS
- max Parry
- finally give a look at your melee bonus when all above is good


You'll have greater survivability and very good sustained dmg. I tested it on dummy and didn't find that much difference with crit builds' dps output. ;)
Secrets wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 pm
In my opinion next round of changes should.... re-tune of Choppa's 1h AOE abilities vs the output of Slayer 1h AOE abilities

Image

User avatar
Oglaf
Posts: 242

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#54 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm

A bit off-topic but my Choppa feels kinda useless. In oRvR I die as soon as people just look at me. Currently wearing 2 Sentinel and rest Vanquisher (desperately hoping to complete it). I feel like a mooch at things like Keep takes/defense, lol.

Should I spend my renown in Deft Defender maybe?

TreefAM
Posts: 521

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#55 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Can't do much outside of hope your pug healers heal you.

User avatar
Oglaf
Posts: 242

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#56 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:26 pm

I'm actually thinking of speccing into Furious Choppin' rather than GTDC-meme.

Every Choppa and their Gob-Mother runs GTDC these days anyway, and immunities are plentiful.

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 747

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#57 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Oglaf wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm
A bit off-topic but my Choppa feels kinda useless. In oRvR I die as soon as people just look at me. Currently wearing 2 Sentinel and rest Vanquisher (desperately hoping to complete it). I feel like a mooch at things like Keep takes/defense, lol.

Should I spend my renown in Deft Defender maybe?
GTDC spec is easily the highest AoE DPS on Destro. On my Choppa from about rank 28-40 I am effortlessly the top DPS in PUG scens. Good sorcs can compete with your output and a few well geared maras but thats about it. I find Choppa does more damage more effortlessly than Slayer, especially against terrible Order RDPS Pugs.

The main thing for AoE DPS is, as stated above, make sure you have good WS talis slotted and that you are managing your rage effectively. GTDC shouldn't be spammed but imo it should be used once you are behind the tank line and healers start moving and RDPS are mid-build up. At that point any healers you pull into the AoE blob and any RDPS you force to take a break from DPSing is a net win for your party.

PPL bitch about immunities but so long as your aren't mindlessly spamming and you are feeding squishes into the AoE blender, GTDC is the best melee skill in the game. Spam your other AoE abilities in between and profit. Make sure to use Chopa Fasta once your party starts taking damage to help out healers and counteract Shatter Limbs.

As far as ORvR survival goes, if you want to live, play as a skirmisher near the edges and the back and be stingy with committing to charging in. However, understand that dying a lot is part of the job and that the more ppl you hit, the more contribution and renown you get, even if you don't survive the fight. I wouldn't waste renown points on more than 2 ranks of deft defender if you feel the need/are playing unguarded. Parry and Futile Strikes are your key defensive renown investments.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/75) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Oglaf
Posts: 242

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#58 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:36 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm
Oglaf wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm
A bit off-topic but my Choppa feels kinda useless. In oRvR I die as soon as people just look at me. Currently wearing 2 Sentinel and rest Vanquisher (desperately hoping to complete it). I feel like a mooch at things like Keep takes/defense, lol.

Should I spend my renown in Deft Defender maybe?
GTDC spec is easily the highest AoE DPS on Destro. On my Choppa from about rank 28-40 I am effortlessly the top DPS in PUG scens. Good sorcs can compete with your output and a few well geared maras but thats about it. I find Choppa does more damage more effortlessly than Slayer, especially against terrible Order RDPS Pugs.

The main thing for AoE DPS is, as stated above, make sure you have good WS talis slotted and that you are managing your rage effectively. GTDC shouldn't be spammed but imo it should be used once you are behind the tank line and healers start moving and RDPS are mid-build up. At that point any healers you pull into the AoE blob and any RDPS you force to take a break from DPSing is a net win for your party.

PPL bitch about immunities but so long as your aren't mindlessly spamming and you are feeding squishes into the AoE blender, GTDC is the best melee skill in the game. Spam your other AoE abilities in between and profit. Make sure to use Chopa Fasta once your party starts taking damage to help out healers and counteract Shatter Limbs.

I would still keep the Wrecka specc but not up to GTDC.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=

Kinda like that.

Ads
User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 747

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#59 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Spoiler:
Oglaf wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:36 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm
Oglaf wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm
A bit off-topic but my Choppa feels kinda useless. In oRvR I die as soon as people just look at me. Currently wearing 2 Sentinel and rest Vanquisher (desperately hoping to complete it). I feel like a mooch at things like Keep takes/defense, lol.

Should I spend my renown in Deft Defender maybe?
GTDC spec is easily the highest AoE DPS on Destro. On my Choppa from about rank 28-40 I am effortlessly the top DPS in PUG scens. Good sorcs can compete with your output and a few well geared maras but thats about it. I find Choppa does more damage more effortlessly than Slayer, especially against terrible Order RDPS Pugs.

The main thing for AoE DPS is, as stated above, make sure you have good WS talis slotted and that you are managing your rage effectively. GTDC shouldn't be spammed but imo it should be used once you are behind the tank line and healers start moving and RDPS are mid-build up. At that point any healers you pull into the AoE blob and any RDPS you force to take a break from DPSing is a net win for your party.

PPL bitch about immunities but so long as your aren't mindlessly spamming and you are feeding squishes into the AoE blender, GTDC is the best melee skill in the game. Spam your other AoE abilities in between and profit. Make sure to use Chopa Fasta once your party starts taking damage to help out healers and counteract Shatter Limbs.
Trading GTDC for self-heal can be a solid build while leveling as it gives you a chance at living and the self-heal channel actually does a damn good burst. So its up to you but for ORvR I would usually just take GTDC since effectively finding someone to place your self-heal on w/o getting interrupted or the target dying part way through can be hard. But, like I said, up to you since you have to have fun and find the class bearable while leveling.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/75) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Misaji
Posts: 6

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#60 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:13 am

What is your burst on the new Target dummies?
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests