Recent Topics

Ads

rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Re: rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Post#21 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 pm

This class rework has been submitted: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41445

Ads
Brutinho

Post#22 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:34 pm
Brutinho wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Spoiler:
Disclosure:
These changes would bring the same capabilities of a SW to the SH fin different masteries. It will have a great impact on the range playstyle of the SH and would bring back to line certain aspects o it’s melee mastery.

[...]
This looks like it would gut the Quick Shootin' tree into the ground. You just took all the good stuff from QS and moved it to BS? Why try to make Squig Herder another boring 110+ ft turret?
Would you be able to elaborate?

I understand your concern (partially), but dots/debuffs/buffs should go to sustain/support mastery (if burst changes would come to QS as I proposed ofc). Getting a armor ignore skill, a 300 extra elemental damage on next 3 attacks, ranged Coordinated Strike (Git Em) and a out of GCD extra elemental damage doesn't seem appealing? Wouldn't be too close to WL/SW/WE burst, but it can be done at mid range and I am trying to keeping it fair and realistic.

Maybe I could illustrated a rotation option for burst damage:
1) Pre-cast Poison Arrer
2) Use Explosive Arrer and What blocka right after (EA won't trigger CD
3) Target gets hit and explosive arrer leaves an ailment, which allows you to follow up with Rotten arrer
4) Git em
5) Shut thru ya
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

marauderchoppa

Post#23 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 am

Do you have the path mixed up wrong?
QS is the debuff/support damage path and BS is the burst damage path with poison arrer, I don't see why it should swap with rotten arrer.

franzjaeger

Post#24 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:50 am

Brutinho wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 pm
franzjaeger wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:34 pm
Brutinho wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Spoiler:
Disclosure:
These changes would bring the same capabilities of a SW to the SH fin different masteries. It will have a great impact on the range playstyle of the SH and would bring back to line certain aspects o it’s melee mastery.

[...]
This looks like it would gut the Quick Shootin' tree into the ground. You just took all the good stuff from QS and moved it to BS? Why try to make Squig Herder another boring 110+ ft turret?
Would you be able to elaborate?

I understand your concern (partially), but dots/debuffs/buffs should go to sustain/support mastery (if burst changes would come to QS as I proposed ofc). Getting a armor ignore skill, a 300 extra elemental damage on next 3 attacks, ranged Coordinated Strike (Git Em) and a out of GCD extra elemental damage doesn't seem appealing? Wouldn't be too close to WL/SW/WE burst, but it can be done at mid range and I am trying to keeping it fair and realistic.

Maybe I could illustrated a rotation option for burst damage:
1) Pre-cast Poison Arrer
2) Use Explosive Arrer and What blocka right after (EA won't trigger CD
3) Target gets hit and explosive arrer leaves an ailment, which allows you to follow up with Rotten arrer
4) Git em
5) Shut thru ya

Imo Big Shootin' is the long range, stationary single-target burst path and Quick Shootin' is the mid range (unless a tactic slot is sacrificed), mobile support/debuff/dot path and I'd like it to stay that way, as it I believe it gives a nice choice in how SH is played.

Lakomasoi

Post#25 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:01 pm

So ahving shifted back to Quick shooting lately, I know an ability I would wan to put in place.
Something that when activated increases our survivability with Quick shootin path. Nothing crazy, just anything that makes it so when I am within 45' I am not destroyed by 2 abilities.

I feel like Path of Quick shooting is in a decent place honestly, give us access to a small amount of AOE and Give us an ability that either increases Dodge chance (Weaker version to conceal) or lessens incoming damage,
or take the tactic that transfers damage to your squig and make it an active ability that transfers all damage (or 75%) for the next 8 seconds to your squig. 2 minute CD and your squig can only stop damage equal to it's health.

Toghall

Post#26 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 pm

hi folks,

i am new to the game an my rSH is now RR71 and wears full vanquisher.

my issue with the rSH is the survivability. a WH knocks me down and i am dead, WL jumps on me, i am dead, SW knock down dead, AM i put my dots on him he his on me, after 2 sek i am dead he hast 80%life and so on.
the 500hps heal we have is usless.

i think giving the rSH some more armor and life would help a lot.

cheers

DokB

Post#27 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:36 am

Toghall wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 pm hi folks,

my issue with the rSH is the survivability. a WH knocks me down and i am dead, WL jumps on me, i am dead, SW knock down dead, AM i put my dots on him he his on me, after 2 sek i am dead he hast 80%life and so on.

cheers
Having a healer or guard helps staying alive for things that pop on you. Always carry double pots at the very least. Try to position yourself so that its risky for anyone to jump you.
If you survive the KD, try to disarm ASAP, detaunt and double pot. You can get KD during your Sticky Squigz, essentially making it a waste, so save it for when you know you can get away, or mid pull if you do get pulled.
You can usually beat any dps class 1v1 if you get the drop on them and have good disarms/silences and make use of Run Away.

Don't pick on DPS AM however unless they're distracted. Their rotation will just kill you eventually and they can outlive anything 1v1.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 am

DokB wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:36 am

cheers
Having a healer or guard helps staying alive for things that pop on you. Always carry double pots at the very least. Try to position yourself so that its risky for anyone to jump you.
If you survive the KD, try to disarm ASAP, detaunt and double pot. You can get KD during your Sticky Squigz, essentially making it a waste, so save it for when you know you can get away, or mid pull if you do get pulled.
You can usually beat any dps class 1v1 if you get the drop on them and have good disarms/silences and make use of Run Away.

Don't pick on DPS AM however unless they're distracted. Their rotation will just kill you eventually and they can outlive anything 1v1.
Why should a SH carry a pocket guard, a pocket healer and 2 sets of pots to achieve the same thing other classes do solo? It's nonsense really. Every class should be equally strong and weak, this whole ''get a premade to carry you'' mentality is just wrong.

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 am

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 am
DokB wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:36 am

cheers

Why should a SH carry a pocket guard, a pocket healer and 2 sets of pots to achieve the same thing other classes do solo? It's nonsense really. Every class should be equally strong and weak, this whole ''get a premade so u can 6v1 the AM'' mentality is just wrong.

Jabba

Post#30 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 am

What class manages to solo somewhat reliably without pots? Your posts are nothing if not amusing.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge