Recent Topics

Ads

rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lakomasoi

rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Post#1 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:48 pm

If this conversation doesn't change anything MAYBE it will give some cool ideas. I want to talk about potential buffs/ adjustments to rSH and if we can put together a well thought out idea maybe present them to the Devs.

There is no secret that the mSH is stronger than Ranged in the state of the game, Cities, Sc's, and oRVR. Even if this isn't something you, yourself feel strong on a good chunk of the community feels this way. You either go Melee SH or you wait until you are full/ end game kit with perfect Tali's and understand the rSH on a personal and intimate level.

Please keep discussion if possible to ideas, changes, or adjustments. Maybe it doesn't need to be a buff, maybe we can shift an ability around or adjust what it does. I'll update this OP with idea I or the group feels are put together enough to move on and in a week or two I'll create a second thread to talk about those ideas in depth more.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE IDEAS MIGHT SEEM OP THAT IS WHY WE ARE DISCUSSING IT THOUGH. We have this discussion to form a well thought out and put together idea that isn't just a wish list of rsh godliness.
Last edited by Lakomasoi on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Lakomasoi

Re: rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Post#2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:49 pm

My initial thoughts are this.

Either find a way to give more AOE or make our current AOE more effective.
Shrapnel arrow could ahve its DAMAGE aoe- not the reduced range
Explodin Arrow- make it so the tick damage could spread to other targets on first and second tick.
remove the reduced damage when Run and Shoot is given AOE
[10:56 AM]
Or buff Squigs- give each squig a new ability or an ability if they are melee or ranged- first give them all more defense or more health
As it stands the Squigs blow up very quickly in oRVR, SC's and Cities, as stated multiple times this game is not a 1v1, as such our abilities should survive in aspects of the game we are expected to use them in
Horned Squig- creates a 3 stack armor pen debuff on its target
Regular Squig- make it tankier and give it a guard like ability to share with its SH
Horned Squig- is already strong and only thing I might want to see is a faster AS to teh squig itself
Gas Squig- Creates either a stacking aoe Tick of damage or creates and AOE damage debuff to targets
[10:57 AM]
My only problem with the Squigs buff ideas is that currently the best paths for both rSH and mSH is taking tactics that completely remove the squigs. As a SH i don't want the flavor of the character to be removed
[10:58 AM]
A simpler Squig buff would be to create an added effect based if they are Ranged or Melee. Either the stacking Armor debuff for Melee- or the stacking Damage debuff for Ranged

Acidic

Post#3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:01 pm

When looking at rSH , the thing that comes to mind is answering the question “why take a rSH”
The following skills could help.
Ranged st KD , this is on SW and is something that would be helpful to Destro
Ranged shatter, tactic to make it aoe, this would act as a proper counter to slayer and slayer trains.

This utility would possibly bring the rSH into a very interesting and useful spot without making them over the top.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm

With all respect, Acidic...
Ranged aoe shatter to not make it over the top?! Like, seriously?!

Lakomasoi

Post#5 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:37 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm With all respect, Acidic...
PLEASE UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE IDEAS MIGHT SEEM OP THAT IS WHY WE ARE DISCUSSING IT THOUGH- from the original post. Yes we understand some of these might be op, but that is why ti is a discussion. Offer something useful please if you have it, or explain why you think it will be op?

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:47 pm

you see that **** ability on top of path of quick shooting (13pt)? its so bad! make it a ranged KD (and remove requirement to hit in back)
Giving it utility would make it a nice option to the raw dmg of bigshootin 13pt execute.

And the tactic at the bottom of quick shootin? Remove the 30% dmg nerf to the ability! its hilariously bad right now! especially considering how strong melee is in bombing, why ouldnt ranged bomb be decent and viable aswell? It's similar tweak that SW got but not as strong.

That ought to do it !

Acidic

Post#7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:08 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm With all respect, Acidic...
Not realy, it depends on if aoe base or more like aoe 4 targets. It spit balling ideas to help the discution on what would be good for sh as well as what would make it useful.

Just now as I see it rampage is a problem due to tanks having shatter but low strength as well as forts/keeps where they are not reachable. Order does not have the same issues as there is no equivelent of rampage.
The thinking is rSH is a bit of an odd ball so giving it a range shatter to me kind of fits the nasty sneaky type skill. The inclusion of the tactic to make it able to shatter multiple should be the missing bit to challenge the slayer balls. The nature and details of such a thing would probably have to be 60 ft st and then x additional targets in x ft radius.
I see this as not that op , it’s more of just a counter to an order only skill.

So what I would think as a change would be.

Replace poison arrow with range KD
Add base 60 ft st shatter arrow skill
Replace tactic aiming quickly with shatter arrows, makes shattering arrow hit upto 6 players 15 ft from target
Make aiming quickly tactic core

I mostly have played mSH so it would need some feedback on range dependence on poison arrow and if this is needed, 3 s cast time even with cast time increase is something not something that noticeable to miss
Last edited by Acidic on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cimator

Post#8 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm

As an experienced SH I would say rSH isnt that bad currently but I suggest 3 changes to get rSH to a decent level.

1-Explodin Arrer, a 9 seconds dot that deals about the same total damage as 1 run n shoot, its a joke in its current state, needs its damage bumped up, double the damage of the dot part is my suggestion.

2-Behind ya!, a 13th point mastery ability that does exactly the same as a SW's core ability. If you have to spec that much mastery into it, it has to be better than the core version. Remove the "has to be behind" requirement and bump its damage up a little, around %10-15 would be decent, or maybe something like, can use it from all sides, but if you use it from behind its %100 crit chance to keep the flavor of the ability.

3-Squig Frenzy, the ability is barely worth spending a GCD on it, and its on a 3min cooldown, I would say make the %50 damage increase, increase all the damage of pet, not just it's autoattacks, and reduce the duration to 20sec, cooldown to 60sec to match the uptime of SW's vengeance. a %50 damage buff to pet sounds pretty balanced compared with %25 damage buff to the player imo.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Ads
Lakomasoi

Post#9 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Loving these ideas, we each have our own direction so its interesting to see what peoples feelings are, its also good to see peoples experience with other classes and where rSH could fit to match or do similar effects that are already out there.

Out of curiosity, what exactly does shatter do? Im going to look it up but also want to see it here since it was brought up.

Brutinho

Post#10 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 am

[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X