Recent Topics

Ads

Path of Da Green

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

Path of Da Green

Post#1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am

I was doing some tests on my Shaman yestarday and I started messing with Bleed Fer ME (BFM) and I'll Take That (ITT). What I've noticed is that both skills can critically hit, but not critically heal. This is awkward, because unless you are specced dps they deal almost no damage and you have, literally, 0% to critically hit.
Bleed Fer Me hit the Training Construct for 100 damage, which means 150 heal every 3s. There 's no point, as a healer, to waste a gcd/AP for such riduculous amount of heal, also considering that it can't crit.
Another thing I've noticed is that these skills aren't affected by healbuff/healdebuff. I've slotted Ain't Done Yet and casted Shrug It Off on me, but the heal per tick/hit of BFM/ITT wasn't increased by 25%. Same goes for healdebuff, I asked a friend to healdebuff me and I casted those spell. Nothing, the heal was the same.
Having a Choppa/BO in party for CD decreaser can increase the efficency of BFM because you can cast it on many different targets, but every cast has both very low AP/heal and gcd/heal ratio considering that BFM can be cleansed (and so you have to cover it, wich means spending more AP and gcd) and that the target can die. Almost the same goes for ITT.
Overall, I don't see a reason to use these abilities other than going covering the AP drain (BFM) and switching mechanics (both BFM and ITT).
I mean, these skills (beside FODG, which you have to be specced for) are the only skills that let you transition from Gork to Mork, doing you job as healer. But is it worthy to transition if you have to waste up to 10 gcd only to cast 5 heal with Mork Waaaagh?

To summarize
-pro
not affected by healdebuff
let go from Gork to Mork while healing a bit
can damage-crit

-cons
not affected by healbuff
ridiculous amount of heal
cleansable/disruptable
can't heal-crit
very bad AP/heal ratio
very bad AP/damage ratio
if the target die you wasted a gcd
Zputadenti

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Path of Da Green

Post#2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:28 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am I mean, these skills (beside FODG, which you have to be specced for) are the only skills that let you transition from Gork to Mork, doing you job as healer. But is it worthy to transition if you have to waste up to 10 gcd only to cast 5 heal with Mork Waaaagh?
The only offensive da Green spell you should ever use as a healer is Furry of da Green. Use 5 Mork heals and then you can quickly spam 5 FodG. You could alternate 1 Mork heal with 1 cast of FodG to use the mechanic for both - if it directly swaps from e.g. 1 Mork to 1 Gork skipping 0.

FodG works on heal spec, because it has a fixed build-in heal value in adiddtion to the damage portion. ITT is pure damage - the fixed heal value got removed as it was over the top - IMO a reduction would have been fine. The the lifeleech dot was never used for any healing in heal spec.
Without FodG, a heal shaman virtually never uses the mechanic to increase Mork heals, as spending gcd's on dmg spells means gcd's without actual healing. You can do this without pressure but why increase healing in this case anyway?
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Re: Path of Da Green

Post#3 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:50 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:28 am
Ysaran wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am I mean, these skills (beside FODG, which you have to be specced for) are the only skills that let you transition from Gork to Mork, doing you job as healer. But is it worthy to transition if you have to waste up to 10 gcd only to cast 5 heal with Mork Waaaagh?
The only offensive da Green spell you should ever use as a healer is Furry of da Green. Use 5 Mork heals and then you can quickly spam 5 FodG. You could alternate 1 Mork heal with 1 cast of FodG to use the mechanic for both - if it directly swaps from e.g. 1 Mork to 1 Gork skipping 0.

FodG works on heal spec, because it has a fixed build-in heal value in adiddtion to the damage portion. ITT is pure damage - the fixed heal value got removed as it was over the top - IMO a reduction would have been fine. The the lifeleech dot was never used for any healing in heal spec.
Without FodG, a heal shaman virtually never uses the mechanic to increase Mork heals, as spending gcd's on dmg spells means gcd's without actual healing. You can do this without pressure but why increase healing in this case anyway?
Exactly! I usually play in party with either a DoK or a Zealot and so I let them manage the pressure while I focus on ST heal, HoT and cleanse. I'm usually specced 1st tree and 3rd tree up to silence.
In this context I don't have FODG, so I have no means to switch from Gork to Mork and this is kinda lame. I think that BFM and ITT should be changed in order to be casted with healing purpose.
FODG has too long CD to be alternated, unless you have CD reduction. But in this case you should just spam FODG considering all the pros. FODG has 5s CD, so while in cooldown you can either cast 2 Gather Round, 5 Gork 'll Fix It, 4 HoT, or... actaully the combination are many. But point is: you still get more Gork than Mork, and so you will just end up 5|0 anyway. Atm I see no point in switching between Gork and Mork. It require too many gcd and the skills you have to use to switch are worthless.

P.S. I mean, this mechanic is pure BS. The mechanic is switching between Gork and Mork, not finding Choppa/BO in /5 as pocket CD decreaseer in order to play the class. AM are in even worst position.
Zputadenti