Recent Topics

Ads

rSquig herders - How did you adapt your playstyle after the change?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Twitchz

Re: rSquig herders - How did you adapt your playstyle after the change?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:48 am

teiloh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 am
Jinxypie wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:01 pm Range sucks, dmg is avarage but orders already complaining how 65ft 2s RKD ruining they play so guess we can call it success.
65+15 = 80 and the SH already has more CC than any two classes combined.
+15? Where are you getting that from? Did I miss a range buff somewhere?

Ads
Neverever

Post#12 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 am

Twitchz wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:48 am
Jinxypie wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:01 pm Range sucks, dmg is avarage but orders already complaining how 65ft 2s RKD ruining they play so guess we can call it success.
He means the Gas Squig buff but ofc he doesn't take all the dmg loss ( and+ %5 crit chance and auto attack on move) and ineffectuality comes with the Gas Squig (and lets remember that is a cost for just 15ft range, so in any case you have to deal 80ft vs100ft against the other ranged classes) into account. As usual he is only focused to the only point he is after : nerf squig or buff sw. He would even claim that 2+2 is actually equals 7 to serve to that point.
Last edited by Neverever on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonfactor

Post#13 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 pm

teiloh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 am 65+15 = 80 and the SH already has more CC than any two classes combined.
monkey explain:

gas squig = no damage
Exactly, I am baffled at people complaining about rshs. I barely run into them, haven't seen one do great in scenarios for ages, there are not good at roaming due to their limited range, rsh (not melee) performs terribly in cities and forts. Where is all this opness that people talk about? I actually prefered sh prework due to the ability to heal debuff from 100ft but now you just put yourself at so much risk from both rdps and mdps with 65ft range.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#14 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Twitchz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:40 pm I quit playing my SH after the change, SH had quite poor ranged damage compared to other classes before the nerf. I now have the choice of good range with long cast times or poor range with small cast times with neither of the paths doing reasonable damage.
Same boat here - it just doesn't feel right.
Github / Tighub / Stack

nebelwerfer

Post#15 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 pm

I too play it way less than before. The zarbix stance dance specc is fun to play but it was still viable before the rework, just not as amazing.

Sad to say but honestly I wish they'd revert the rework and just add some small changes to the useless tactics/abilities in the ranged trees.

The class being annoying with a few very frustrating bugs too that they can't seem to fix isn't exactly making it more attractive.

If it was up to me i'd simply buff the aoe tactic "splinterin' arrers" that made "Run an' shoot" hit everyone within 15ft of your target to deal more damage and maybe give them the tactic "flanking" (15% more dmg if you are behind or beside your target) somehow. That could'ave been interesting :geek:

Twitchz

Post#16 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Neverever wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 am

He means the Gas Squig buff but ofc he doesn't take all the dmg loss ( and+ %5 crit chance and auto attack on move) and ineffectuality comes with the Gas Squig (and lets remember that is a cost for just 15ft range, so in any case you have to deal 80ft vs100ft against the other ranged classes) into account. As usual he is only focused to the only point he is after : nerf squig or buff sw. He would even claim that 2+2 is actually equals 7 to serve to that point.
Oh I see, I didn't even realise that they changed GS passives. Honestly though even at 100m SH are at a range disadvantage due to other classes having 100+ range.

I did much prefer SH before the nerf, at least I could participate in fort sieges a little bit with the shootin with da wind tactic and get a few low damage dots off on people standing on the walls. Now all I can do is watch while the tanks batter the door down, its suicide to go to go close and even if I do I cant see the enemy as I am too close to the walls.

Squigs die far too quickly and simply cant be relied upon for core passives like range, mine often just run off and despawn, and yes I do use the loyal pet addon.

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Twitchz wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Oh I see, I didn't even realise that they changed GS passives. Honestly though even at 100m SH are at a range disadvantage due to other classes having 100+ range.

I did much prefer SH before the nerf, at least I could participate in fort sieges a little bit with the shootin with da wind tactic and get a few low damage dots off on people standing on the walls. Now all I can do is watch while the tanks batter the door down, its suicide to go to go close and even if I do I cant see the enemy as I am too close to the walls.

Squigs die far too quickly and simply cant be relied upon for core passives like range, mine often just run off and despawn, and yes I do use the loyal pet addon.
Bring back grp healing and buffs affecting the pet back again, would make pet classes much stronger in a good way, you know being able to use their " main" thing in the main game mode of the game, rvr=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Twitchz

Post#18 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Bring back grp healing and buffs affecting the pet back again, would make pet classes much stronger in a good way, you know being able to use their " main" thing in the main game mode of the game, rvr=)

Personally I would have taken it in a different direction. I would make squigs much more expendable (as they should be) by lowering their HP a bit, halving their damage but allowing the SH to summon 2 at time and having no CD on them with a 2 second summon time. This would allow for much more diverse playstyles and keeping within the lore of the class.

If you are going to have a pet that basically suicides then realistically they need to be summoned much quicker and more often. I'd also love to have the cinematic mushroom summon animation too, I asked the devs in beta if we could have this but they never got around to adding it in :(

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#19 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Bring back grp healing and buffs affecting the pet back again
the squig pet is already affected by group heals if you are close afaik, atleast somewhat

teiloh

Post#20 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:35 pm

Neverever wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:43 am
Dude aren't you tired of writing same crap on every single thread about SH ? it is a damn lie and you yourself know it. Aren't you ashamed of explicitly insisting on a lie just because you are not happy about a class ?
Prove me wrong. Are we going to revisit how you tried to "counter" this fact of the game by randomly adding non-CC abilities to the list?