Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player - shaman or SH- help me pick

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
valscorn

Returning player - shaman or SH- help me pick

Post#1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:12 pm

Title is my question. Ignore shaman healing for a minute.

I last played when the only SH build was melee. Is ranged SH a viable option now?

If I want a casual character to roam with, that is ranged, but is still useful in orvr and sc’s would SH or shaman be a better choice. Since from what I understand, shaman apparently does decent damage??

How is the dps difference between a SH and shaman?

I should mention, I don’t mind healing but I’d have to find all my old addons like enemy.

Ads
noobwarrior

Re: Returning player - shaman or SH- help me pick

Post#2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 pm

you asked a question that already contained your answer ..
shaman is good when it comes to solo ganking, as is the SH + grp play and he is not hated as much as the shaman and welcomed

havartii

Post#3 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Pick SH it is very strong atm. Shaman not so much, got run away nerfed and armor nerf left them very squishy.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

sighy

Post#4 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:53 pm

For casual solo roaming they're both fine, if you have the gear to do it or are damn good at kiting.

As far as group goes Shaman is in about the same spot as Zealot, for different reasons, which is really useful to supplement a DoK and offer unique utility like insta rez, puddle, pump, etc. (varies on build Shamans have ton of options, but can't do everything at once)

SH is in a spot, where he is not quite Choppa, Mara or Magus, in any of his specs. Useful, but not necessarily essential. Also there is a loooot of SHs running about to compete with.

Honestly it's up to you, which playstyle you like better, in groups. Or what just looks better easthetically. Pugs don't usually care what you bring and balance is a pendulum that always swings.

noobwarrior

Post#5 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:59 pm

sighy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:53 pm For casual solo roaming they're both fine, if you have the gear to do it or are damn good at kiting.

As far as group goes Shaman is in about the same spot as Zealot, for different reasons, which is really useful to supplement a DoK and offer unique utility like insta rez, puddle, pump, etc. (varies on build Shamans have ton of options, but can't do everything at once)

SH is in a spot, where he is not quite Choppa, Mara or Magus, in any of his specs. Useful, but not necessarily essential. Also there is a loooot of SHs running about to compete with.

Honestly it's up to you, which playstyle you like better, in groups. Or what just looks better easthetically. Pugs don't usually care what you bring and balance is a pendulum that always swings.
damn the boy is right would say the same .. but my G-translator is ****

zulnam

Post#6 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:04 pm

SH ranged is good but for smallscale/single target. All ranged AoE from the class has been taken away except for an aoe punt.

Plus side is their single target is very strong. You need to keep your pet up, but things drop pretty easily (except tanks).

In Warband you play melee spec since that's where all your aoe is. Not bad, you get a lot of kills, but it has a huge downside of being in Squig Armor all the time. You lose all your appearance flavour. All the armor and trophies. None of it is visible while in Squig Armor.
Last edited by zulnam on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ulaewin

Post#7 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Make both. SH when you want to play in a group with healer/tanks, shaman when you feel like soloing or no healers around.

Stinkyweed

Post#8 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:12 pm

I glass-cannon solo herder the vast majority of my limited time in game, and I prefer that over solo (dps or heal) shaman.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads