Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Noob Questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Murador

[SH] Noob Questions

Post#1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Hello fellow greenskins,

I just started out as a squid herder and got to level 9. I'm not quite sure if I want to play rSH or mSH yet. It seems like I don't have much skills useable in the squid form yet (I like builds with many different buttons in general). I want to mostly play smallscale with a friend (maybe 2) - he is playing a disciple of khaine.

1. How would you guys spend the renown levels?
2. I heard melee SH got nerfed and ranged got buffed - are both specs viable? I feel like my damage is really low in the scenarios I played so far (I'm for not playing well either, but some abilities do not noticeable damage :mrgreen: ).
3. The best way to level is just queuing scenarios and leveling in the zone while waiting for the queue?

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: [SH] Noob Questions

Post#2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:35 pm

Welcome,

Don't worry for the style (rSH or mSH). When you use your squig armor, your ballistic skill is transformed to strength, so you can easily adapte your playstyle when you want.
1. How would you guys spend the renown levels?
Futile Strikes lv3 to reduce the chance to receive critical damage, Crit chance (ranged or melee).
2. I heard melee SH got nerfed and ranged got buffed - are both specs viable? I feel like my damage is really low in the scenarios I played so far (I'm for not playing well either, but some abilities do not noticeable damage :mrgreen: ).
I can not really tell about this but to be efficient you need some stuff and talismans/potions. Check this guide.
3. The best way to level is just queuing scenarios and leveling in the zone while waiting for the queue?
The best way is the way you enjoy playing the game. So, take your time, do SCs, go in RvR zone, do some PQ or quests.
The fastest must be farming mobs/PQs maybe. Farming SCs can also be really worth but you need to win.

Murador

Post#3 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:00 pm

Thanks, I don't have any talismans/potions. I also didn't find shoulders, back, or a trophy yet. And miss 3 jewelry slots. I thought that wouldn't matter too much - are armor sets already available at the lower levels?

CyunUnderis

Post#4 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:13 pm

At lv7, you can buy white shoulders in camp in T1 (Chapter 3 in Nordland for example).
At lv9, you can buy white shoulders and helm in T1 (Chapter 4).

You can also drop all kind of items during PvE and PvP (Gale's runner is a complete green set for example).

Check the War Camp next to RvR area (area delimited by a red color on the map) : you can find NPC selling some equipments, weapons and jewelrys.

Talismans/potions can be crafted : you need to find a NPC in the camp at chapter 2 or in the city.

To make potions, you need to be an apothecary.
To make talismans, you need to learn Talisman making.

For both jobs, you need a gathering skills. Check the wiki for more informations.

You can also buy talismans/potions at the action house in the city.

Earthcake

Post#5 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Cannot comment on SH specifically but this is how I like to level :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/05 ... -leveling/

Murador

Post#6 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:32 pm

Is salvaging or scavenging the easier route to accompany talisman crafting as a squid herder?

Myrmer9247

Post#7 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Heya, nice to see new shs around. welcome to our community ;-)
Ive been playing rsh main over the course of this server and will try to answer your questions in order.
Renown wise it ofc depends on your spec and playstyle. When starting out i prefer smth more defensive, futile strikes for anticrit is very good. Also dodge/disrupt are pretty good points. If your melee id consider spending those points in parry and "dodge/disrupt" via positioning and line of sight.
About whats viable or not, dont worry about it. Meta is a rare thing here, and you will be able to have fun with any class/spec if youre willing to accept some losses.
Also the balance changes so quickly, i wouldnt count in things beeing the same tomorrow. i personally prefer rsh all the way, always have been and prolly always will.
I just like the kiting ability, and the utility he brings to a group in form of debuffs (ini, armor, block, heal) and cc (silence and our new fancy 2s rangeknockdown).
The best way to lvl up in my opinion are scenarios and pve. Feel free to try out rvr yourself, i dont really enjoy the bolster laggs. Dont worry too much about your RR while leveling, while a lot of ppl will claim yu need rr XX when hitting 40, theres plkenty of gear you can use while youre recovering your rr. Hope thats helpful and looking forward to see you in t4. Enjoy the class and server =)

Murador

Post#8 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Thx for the tips - I just got my talisman crafting to 50 - it's actually quite tedious to level. Is there a nice guide on how I should craft - noticed I can still use lower-level materials after unlocking especially for the magic essences and still level up? Most guides seem to be severely outdated :mrgreen:.

What stats do I actually want: I imagine Ballistics and weapon skill as ranged SH.

My pet often does weird stuff - or is just gone - are pets bugged? Any tips on controlling them.

Ads
facundo7777

Post#9 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:13 am

Murador wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 pm
My pet often does weird stuff - or is just gone - are pets bugged? Any tips on controlling them.
yes they are bugged :P anyway put pet into passive, bind attack and follow and then use pet manually to follow your target when needed. Dont allow pet to run everywhere and attack what it want ;P

facundo7777

Post#10 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am

to avoid new topic. Can someone provide some tips for solo sh build? I was thinking about runin/meele but dont have idea about rr points tacts, stats? Can U help me:)?