Recent Topics

Ads

Has the choppa/slayer been fixed?.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Diggot
Suspended

Has the choppa/slayer been fixed?.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:46 pm

After a long break from the game, i'm considering coming back and bringing friends, but first i'd like to know
if the balance issue with the choppa and slayer still remains unsolved.
Namely the INSANE penalty towards their defense when going berserk and thereby taking away
the use of their mechanic, forcing them to constantly "blow their steam" to avoid getting 1shotted.

And compared to other classes with "penalties" in their mechanics, choppa and slayer has
been been the worst since release.
Even with a pocketguard and healer, a choppa/slayer the tactics for not dumping rage,
will die from a single attack from most dps. There is also the fact that the 2handed spec hasn't been viable
since the start of RoR due to the non-existant defense combined with no enough "ommpf" in the 2handed dps.

A WL can pretty much instakill anything but a tank with a single rotation, a WH can kill or severely wound
a choppa before the KD-duration ends, and AM's will just laugh if a choppa tries killing them, same with RP and WP.

So... has the mechanic been rebalanced and are choppa's finally a threat to a healer ?.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Has the choppa/slayer been fixed?.

Post#2 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:46 pm After a long break from the game, i'm considering coming back and bringing friends, but first i'd like to know
if the balance issue with the choppa and slayer still remains unsolved.
Namely the INSANE penalty towards their defense when going berserk and thereby taking away
the use of their mechanic, forcing them to constantly "blow their steam" to avoid getting 1shotted.

And compared to other classes with "penalties" in their mechanics, choppa and slayer has
been been the worst since release.
Even with a pocketguard and healer, a choppa/slayer the tactics for not dumping rage,
will die from a single attack from most dps. There is also the fact that the 2handed spec hasn't been viable
since the start of RoR due to the non-existant defense combined with no enough "ommpf" in the 2handed dps.

A WL can pretty much instakill anything but a tank with a single rotation, a WH can kill or severely wound
a choppa before the KD-duration ends, and AM's will just laugh if a choppa tries killing them, same with RP and WP.

So... has the mechanic been rebalanced and are choppa's finally a threat to a healer ?.
We have not changed the core drawback of the class that has been present since the launch of the game. We haven't done a rework on their 2h spec yet, there are soft plans to do so.
I would also suspect if you died to strong powerful cat-bois in the past, they're probably going to do the same thing now. Impossible to determine the last time you played, so the question seems more like bait anyway.
Not being able to solo kill a healer is expected if the healer is any good when you're a solo dps class. They can heal, you can't. Choppas do have a competitive melee dps slot available in groups and warbands.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Diggot
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:23 pm

IF a choppa with double heal-debuff needs help killing a healer 1on1, i'd say they're broken.
A solo healer should pretty much be dead man walking against a choppa,
otherwise there's no point to the choppa solo or in team, because they have no force-multipliers.

Doesn't matter how you calculate it. If it takes 2 choppas to kill 1 healer, you already have
a 2v1 scenario. But with a 2v2 scenario, it's to dead choppas walking.
For each increase of players, the choppas doens't really gain much, unless you're stacking
so many choppas that you make a meleetrain, in which case, the other side also has
their tricks of the trade... guards, stuns, punts.

A 2handed choppa should be a nightmare for any healer 1v1.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:23 pm IF a choppa with double heal-debuff needs help killing a healer 1on1, i'd say they're broken.
A solo healer should pretty much be dead man walking against a choppa,
otherwise there's no point to the choppa solo or in team, because they have no force-multipliers.

Doesn't matter how you calculate it. If it takes 2 choppas to kill 1 healer, you already have
a 2v1 scenario. But with a 2v2 scenario, it's to dead choppas walking.
For each increase of players, the choppas doens't really gain much, unless you're stacking
so many choppas that you make a meleetrain, in which case, the other side also has
their tricks of the trade... guards, stuns, punts.

A 2handed choppa should be a nightmare for any healer 1v1.
I think you're trying to get too much out of a single class. The game isn't balanced around 1v1 it's balanced around that melee train which you brought attention to because unironically you also mentioned order has their tricks of the trade which suggests an equilibrium =/= balance.

Choppas are AoE machines and can apply pressure to a large force at any one time. They shouldn't also be able to ST nuke people. What's next? Being able to tank?

Class diversity is something Warhammer has pushed from its inception. If you want to solo players, check out the WH or the WE. If you want to perform adequately in 1v1's check out classes like the Melee DoK.

Choppas have their spots in groups and warbands but I have to admit it sounds like you're expecting Choppas to nuking and timestamping healers, in which case following the trend from earlier, I'd check out Sorc / BW.

There's a lot of classes with a lot of options - if one class has the skillset to do it all - then every class needs to be able to do it all - and if we enable that... what's the point of having different classes?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Mergrim

Post#5 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Sadly but choppa is crap now. The only thing he bring is chop fasta.
GTDC is good vs pug.

There was also hidden nerf in Lotsa choppin when they make tacitc hit 24 target instead of 9.
Noone talking about it, its on bugtracker for half year, slayer flurry still deal 9-11% more dmg.

Slayer is fine, ID make good pressure in aoe and st. But if you wan't easy mode just roll mara/wl.

Diggot
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Choppas are AoE machines and can apply pressure to a large force at any one time. They shouldn't also be able to ST nuke people. What's next? Being able to tank?

Class diversity is something Warhammer has pushed from its inception. If you want to solo players, check out the WH or the WE. If you want to perform adequately in 1v1's check out classes like the Melee DoK.
If choppas are AoE machines and not mean't to solokill healers, then why a specific solo-tree with dual healdebuffs ?.

If a DoK - which is a dpshealer - can dps better than a choppa, there's some serious balance issues.

Why not just remove both non-aoe trees from choppa then?, because they're shoehorned into AoE .

oaliaen

Post#7 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Choppa still in last position of dps balance. And still worse than Slayers.

Diggot
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 pm Choppa still in last position of dps balance. And still worse than Slayers.
As it was what i took a break.. and nothing's changed :| .

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:11 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm If you want to perform adequately in 1v1's check out classes like the Melee DoK.
If a DoK - which is a dpshealer - can dps better than a choppa, there's some serious balance issues.
Kaelang didnt say that a dok can bring better dps than choppa...but perform better in 1 Vs 1 like any other dps who can sustain better than choppa...

Dunno when you stop playing, but lately anyhting was given to choppa (GTDC nerfed lmao) so if you are asking is choppa is better now the answer is NO.

Skullgrin

Post#10 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:26 pm

I want to take this seriously, but all I can think of with that post title is this -

"Hello folks, this is Bob Barker reminding you to please have your Choppa's and Slayer's spayed or neutered. Goodbye everybody!"
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80