[Chopa] Beginner Advice/Help

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DangerWard19

[Chopa] Beginner Advice/Help

Post#1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello everyone, I am a brand new player and am loving the game. I have been looking for a PVP game for awhile and nothing has stuck until now. Every time I log off I just want to get back on and RVR some more. I tried out a few different classes before choosing the Chopa and I am looking forward to seeing where my Chopa goes as I continue to lvl up to the big boy levels 🤣. I have been looking at many posts and videos over the Chopa spec to try and learn/understand how to play it right. I have made it to lvl 15 with rr 18 but I want to see if I can get better advice on my ability rotation because I feel like I might not be playing the spec as well as I could be. I have read a few things that have said Chopa is a harder spec to play but I feel like if I had someone with experience in the build explain it to me a little better that I would be able to learn to play better. Ultimately any Chopa advice would be helpful as I really would like to try and main this character. Also my fiance would thinks its bad ass to have me smack in RVRs with him so I am excited to learn and get better not onky with my Chopa but just the game in general. He is lvling a shaman with me so its like having a personal healer 🤣. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice given. Happy gaming 😁

Ads
Pandastyle

Re: [Chopa] Beginner Advice/Help

Post#2 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Can't really give you advice on how to play choppa, but can give you advice on how to play mDPS in general.
your class mechanic as choppa makes you very group dependend. as the fight goes on you get squishier but you will also deal more damage. so you will probably become target of enemy. having personal healer is already a good step forward. get a tank and get going in scenarios. dont get frustrated if you go solo and get stomped, thats how the game works for mdps.
pay attention to your surroundings. where is your healer/tank, stay in guard and heal range, where is enemy. dont stay in enemy blob (thats the term for a bunch of melee dps aoe damaging on the same spot and moving together, once you saw one you know what I am talking about). try to learn your distance, most aoe skills have 30ft range, use that range wisely. dont hit tanks and as choppa learn how and when to release your rage when pressured.
thats just my 2cents :)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

facundo7777

Post#3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:36 am

too avoid new topic creation.

can someone provide basic build, tactic setup & rotation for beginner choppa?

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:48 am

facundo7777 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:36 am too avoid new topic creation.

can someone provide basic build, tactic setup & rotation for beginner choppa?
You are below level 40?

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:50 am

Assuming your going Dual Wield (yawn), just go up Wrecka tree until you have Get To Da Choppa. Perhaps stop along the way for Chop Fasta. Then go up Savage; if you have a group to regularly run with, get Can't Stop Da Chop (heal debuff, 9pt), otherwise get Furious Choppin at rr70. Because you're going to ask, for rr go Futile Strike II if you have friends (read: guard) or FS III if you pug/solo. Then all crit, with last points in WS.

Have fun *yawn*. Tired, off to bed now.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

facundo7777

Post#6 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:02 am

phononHYPE wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:50 am Assuming your going Dual Wield (yawn), just go up Wrecka tree until you have Get To Da Choppa. Perhaps stop along the way for Chop Fasta. Then go up Savage; if you have a group to regularly run with, get Can't Stop Da Chop (heal debuff, 9pt), otherwise get Furious Choppin at rr70. Because you're going to ask, for rr go Futile Strike II if you have friends (read: guard) or FS III if you pug/solo. Then all crit, with last points in WS.

Have fun *yawn*. Tired, off to bed now.
thanks so much :) what is the basic tactic setup? str, str&ws, wounds & crit dmg?

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:29 am

That sounds right, for DW.

As an aside, I main 2h and use either Wot Rules or Pent Up Rage.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

shoelessHN

Post#8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm

You only have like 5 abilities (even at 40), and you can use them in pretty much any order.

Charge is a defensive ability. Rage dump is a 2nd detaunt. Once you figure that out you'll live a lot longer.

Ads
Diggot
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:05 am

Unless you intend of running around with a pockethealer and guard, it's been pointed out by devs
that choppa is a very weak solo Mdps and you're better off with WE, DoK or Marauder (Or any 2handed tank).
Their singeltarget 2handed tree has been a target for discussion for a long time for being weak,
and therefor, choppas are more thought of as an AoE dps in groups with support.

Playing choppa solo in rvr will only get your aggravated.

facundo7777

Post#10 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:05 pm

is extra choppin mandatory for aoe choppa?