Recent Topics

Ads

4 tactics for melee SH

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Adema958

4 tactics for melee SH

Post#1 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:05 am

Just as the title says, what are the standard 4 tactics used by melee SH?

Ads
zulnam

Re: 4 tactics for melee SH

Post#2 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 am

Sneaky Bouncin' (mSH tree)
All By Meself (core)
Pierce Defenses (core)
Pick On Yer Own Size (core)

First two are mandatory

Pierce Defenses - use if you are the only mSH in the group. If 2, 1 holds this and the other switches to utility tactics.

Pick On Yer Own Size - use if you have a group supporting you (tank, heals etc.). If u die a lot switch to Utility Tactics.

Utility Tactics:
Strength in Numbas (faster morales)(core),
Sneaky Git (more defense, use if u die a lot)(mSH tree),
Clever Recovery (AP regen, more AoE)(core).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

magictaquito

Post#3 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Pet builds are very strong for SCs, small group roaming, and solo. All by meself build is great for wbs and city where the pet can die from a lot of aoe damage. Our pets are largely ignored and they can put out some pretty spooky damage. The build mentioned below by zulnam is extremely viable, however I never use sneaky git as it is bugged. It knocks you out of squig form when you use it, and theres something else it bugs out but I forget. The defensive stats gained from that tactic are fairly negligible. If you feel like you're dying a lot, spending renown points on Reflexes (parry) and deft defender (Dodge disrupt) helps tremendously.

For the pet build I use He's a Biggun, scrambling quick like, sneaky bouncin, pick on ur own size.

Scrambling quick like is optional and can be swapped for other tactics based on the situation. This build is super powerful because you have a 1 minute cooldown cycle for m1 pet buff, and frenzy. Popping both of those buffs at the same time is powerful. Horned squig deals a lot of base damage, and the enemy party reduction it provides is super rad.

Gladiolix

Post#4 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:22 pm

I'm using the same tactics that Zulnam recommends as core tactics. I was previously using pets but they're so unreliable and buggy, that they're not worth the hassle, as I mostly play in WBs. Also playing without pet makes it easier for me to swap between ranged and melee mode as I don't need to worry about swapping and keeping alive the pets.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+