Recent Topics

Ads

New BlackOrk LF advise/Tips

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
uhuhu

New BlackOrk LF advise/Tips

Post#1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 am

Hi Guys, just started playing a BO, and was wondering if there were any tips/tricks i should know aboit the class?

Also should i go SnB or 2H for leveling up?
And How viable will SnB vs 2H be in end game?

Thanks guys!

Ads
Acidic

Re: New BlackOrk LF advise/Tips

Post#2 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 am

uhuhu wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 am Hi Guys, just started playing a BO, and was wondering if there were any tips/tricks i should know aboit the class?

Thanks guys!
Best tip for BO is do not use aoe punt , or at least only in very special occasions. BO is one of the worst offenders for saving the lives of order by punting order toons to out of a moral drop or when almost dead. Both save the lives of manny order toons.

For me it took until rr70 and at least Bastion stair gear before I could feel 2h was partially useful, and then mainly only for SC .
So for oRvR SNB is go to spec even if 2h is more fun

EuphoricAnguish

Post#3 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:22 am

I get that you don't want to give immunity to a lot of people, but if you've got a melee blob on your healer, you damn well better punt the entire clump away, or you won't have a healer anymore.

Tom

Post#4 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:29 pm

Most people will advice you to run with shield while levelling up. I levelled up almost exclusively with 2h but I would suggest which works best depends on how you play. If you level up via scenarios and small scale fights, you can go 2h even if low level but I strongly suggest to spend your renown in parry... and then parry and some anti crit while levelling up :).
Yes the shield can block stuff, but personally I rather have one reliable solid defense stat and work around it, than having both parry and block if it means having 2 dismal defense stats as a result.
However, if you expect to play overly aggressively with lots of strength and crit chance while levelling up, you will likely blow up A LOT with 2h. Also remember you are still expected to guard the squishies.
That said, if you play predominantly in warbands, definitely go with shield or the AOE will tear you apart.

Vri

Post#5 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Get good at using Change Da Plan. That is what makes a great Black Orc.

Noslock

Post#6 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:27 pm

EuphoricAnguish wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:22 am I get that you don't want to give immunity to a lot of people, but if you've got a melee blob on your healer, you damn well better punt the entire clump away, or you won't have a healer anymore.
Considering the shitty range ur healer will be dead anyway..the only use for bo aoe punt is to punt people off bridge-cliffs-into lava-or towers

Gladiolix

Post#7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:05 am

Noslock wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:27 pm
EuphoricAnguish wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:22 am I get that you don't want to give immunity to a lot of people, but if you've got a melee blob on your healer, you damn well better punt the entire clump away, or you won't have a healer anymore.
Considering the shitty range ur healer will be dead anyway..the only use for bo aoe punt is to punt people off bridge-cliffs-into lava-or towers
And in keep/fort attacks to punt order tank line to let more destro in.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

regularspecial

Post#8 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:55 pm

what would yall recommend you get as a fresh 40 around rr50? i have completed redeye and most of BL. assume the WS from BL will go a long way for black orc and seems easy to fit in with pocket, ring and whatever else.

i am coming from playing another 2h tank and so i really appreciate the 2/3 pc from redeye. boots have a nice -1% chance to be crit and the 2/3 pc are - chance to be crit and armor.

know offhand of some nice pve/low rr rvr set combos you can make work for 2h BO? for example w chosen you can run invader 4pc and the overlord helm/shoulders and skip WL entirely because invader 4pc is nothing but solid stats of toughness str and wounds and the overlord has very nice -% to be crit on each piece and a wounds set bonus.

anything similar like that early on for BOs? or should i just pve beeline to bloodlord?

Ads
Vri

Post#9 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:43 am

Acidic wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 am
uhuhu wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 am Hi Guys, just started playing a BO, and was wondering if there were any tips/tricks i should know aboit the class?

Thanks guys!
"Best tip for BO is do not use aoe punt..."
This ! ^

You wull learn, when to punt. Nine times out of ten you will never need to or have to. Many low rank BOs punt on CD and it will ruin a push and or save Order lives.

regularspecial

Post#10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:57 am

is STR or WS needed more as BO?