Recent Topics

Ads

Is it not too big?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
johnnyw

Re: Is it not too big?

Post#21 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:21 pm

Shamans still running middle tree? Btw it’s a 2 second cast, who got 2 sec time to stand still….

Ads
Battlefield

Post#22 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:06 pm

johnnyw wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:21 pm Shamans still running middle tree? Btw it’s a 2 second cast, who got 2 sec time to stand still….
i'm using channel ability for 6 seconds every time....

Sulorie

Post#23 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:05 am

Battlefield wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:00 pm
Bavradai wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:19 pm
Battlefield wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:00 pm
But when you see 216-240 thoughness debuff on yourself too often, It is not absolutely fine !

Just cleanse it, bro.
It does not change that is too big numbers and when besides you have many dots, so how should i cleanse it, if it's repeatable also ?

Dps classes have about 200 thoughness at all, it means that after they have 0 !
That's no problem, as it's a linear damage formula and not percentage based. You get some single digit % additional damage at best. Hardly something to worry about.
Dying is no option.

Elvicof

Post#24 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:18 am

Battlefield wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:31 pm
Amakusa wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:30 pm Witch Hunter -> Exit Wound

But Shaman can spam it 😉
Yep, but most of WHs using 1-3 path builds and they don't have it, otherwise it's very rare .
If it is so good and OP as this thread indicates, then maybe they should spec for it.

And the argument they dont spec for is so lame and can be used around so many abilities in this game.
Moonlapse and VII

Fenris78

Post#25 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:05 am That's no problem, as it's a linear damage formula and not percentage based. You get some single digit % additional damage at best. Hardly something to worry about.
Except toughness is the inverse function of STR/INT/BAL, and is also scaling with damage modifiers like critical hits (since Toughness is acting first for mitigation calculation).

It means -200 toughness = +200 offensive stat for everyone hitting target.

Against critical hits, it's about -300 to -400 (and more for sorc) "effective" toughness that is removed (or same amount of effective offensive stat added, wich is the same).

For dps in general, I tested +200 offensive stat to be around 10-12% added damage, on average. It's more than a single digit.
Wich also mean a minimum of +15% crit damage for everyone too (more for every dps with added crit damage).

I dont call that a "hardly something to worry about".

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:11 am

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:05 am That's no problem, as it's a linear damage formula and not percentage based. You get some single digit % additional damage at best. Hardly something to worry about.
Except toughness is the inverse function of STR/INT/BAL, and is also scaling with damage modifiers like critical hits (since Toughness is acting first for mitigation calculation).

It means -200 toughness = +200 offensive stat for everyone hitting target.

Against critical hits, it's about -300 to -400 (and more for sorc) "effective" toughness that is removed (or same amount of effective offensive stat added, wich is the same).

For dps in general, I tested +200 offensive stat to be around 10-12% added damage, on average. It's more than a single digit.
Wich also mean a minimum of +15% crit damage for everyone too (more for every dps with added crit damage).

I dont call that a "hardly something to worry about".
You forgot the core toughness debuff, not to mention other toughness debuffs flying around. So the added damage over other sources is in fact just single digit %.
This extra damage is slightly more than adding a potion and anyone can judge on their own, how much more deadly they become with or without stat potion. ;)
Dying is no option.

Battlefield

Post#27 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:21 am

Elvicof wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:18 am
Amakusa wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:30 pm Witch Hunter -> Exit Wound

But Shaman can spam it 😉
Yep, but most of WHs using 1-3 path builds and they don't have it, otherwise it's very rare .
If it is so good and OP as this thread indicates, then maybe they should spec for it.

And the argument they dont spec for is so lame and can be used around so many abilities in this game.
Dragon Gun or Burn Away Lies is much much better than Exit Wounds .

Most popular build for WH
RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

after this

They don't have this debuff, as i said it is very rare .

Battlefield

Post#28 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:33 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:05 am
Bavradai wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Just cleanse it, bro.
It does not change that is too big numbers and when besides you have many dots, so how should i cleanse it, if it's repeatable also ?

That's no problem, as it's a linear damage formula and not percentage based. You get some single digit % additional damage at best. Hardly something to worry about.
-216 thoughness is +12% damage but i don't know how the calculation works if you have 0 thoughness...

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:18 pm

Battlefield wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:33 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:05 am

-216 thoughness is +12% damage but i don't know how the calculation works if you have 0 thoughness...
Your topic is about it being too strong. To make an argument you have to compare it to other toughness debuffs.
When you have identified the true value of this tactic, you can go and test the effect, which is like adding a +100 stat potion to a char with 950 mainstat to reach soft cap.
The damage gain is a flat curve, no matter how much stats you have, unlike resist debuffs.

You would have to make some mental gymnastics to claim, that this alone has an impactful effect on the outcome of any fight outside of 1vs1 and even there stuff like potions play a bigger role.
Someone not able to cause any pressure doesn't become dangerous by using potions, the effect is too small.
Dying is no option.

Elvicof

Post#30 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:56 pm

Battlefield wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:21 am
Spoiler:
Elvicof wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:18 am

Dragon Gun or Burn Away Lies is much much better than Exit Wounds .

Most popular build for WH

after this

They don't have this debuff, as i said it is very rare .
The argument here is that this buff is so amazing and are only avialable to 1 side, then it is pointed out that WH have this amazing debuff aswell. Your counter argument is that BAL and DG are much better than this, then either BAL and DG are insanely OP or this debuff isnt much of an issue. Not speccing for isnt the same as it isnt there.

But in the same matter you could ask why MoM debuffs iniative and Sticky feet elemental resistance. Then you realize that this game isnt balanced 1:1 and never will be.
Moonlapse and VII