Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Melee? Huwhat?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Morgorin

[SH] Melee? Huwhat?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:56 pm

So, I recently picked this back up. I used to play Squig Herder in live, way back when. I recreated one, have been going through builds to see what is the most useful SH. I see melee mentioned a lot, but no recent builds/discussion posted it seems.

A) What?! I was a little shocked to see melee even mentioned - it was not much use in live. I know, now, that they have updated it drastically - just shock was my first reaction. I'm into it though - I picked up SH in live after watching the cinematic and thinking that looked awesome. I was a bit disappointed in live, but adapted.

B ) With that being said, any good recent builds for melee SH? Any tips/tricks on playing as one? How does it even work, really?

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [SH] Melee? Huwhat?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowV-WxnR68 This guy has some nice video's of what melee SH can/could do=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Targok

Post#3 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:27 am

The MSH nowadays is a pure aoe class. The days of solo roaming with that spec are long gone.
The build is simple u go full points into the melee line and rest into quick shootin.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5499,1871

Morgorin

Post#4 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:12 pm

Thanks for the replies! Is there any use for ranged dps Squig Herders or are they just left in the dust, now?

Shogun4138

Post#5 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:18 pm

They nerfed quick shooting pretty hard. Our range is within an axe or dagger throw. So all range class out class us now. Our only effective aoe was changed to a morale 2. Big shooting is just ok.. And melee say in is meh now.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Morgorin

Post#6 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:43 pm

That's unfortunate - sounds like the state of the SH is pretty much "play if you love it," but don't expect to contribute much.

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:35 am

I do miss range on SH but it definetely is viable as ranged dps. Insane dmg but lesser range. Im not sure if players would prefer old version of SH (i would) having 100 feet range on QS path skills but less dmg than now.

RoR.builders - Squig Herder This build will do very good dmg. With Spiked Squig ofc.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Araco

Post#8 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:59 am

Melee Squig had a lot of posibilities thanks to the mobility and the utility, but i cant understand in the base of what think they nerfed it. The knock down without the pet was removed and in the wbs you dont use any pet that mean MSH havent that skill. Outta of my way was nerfed too, less speed and cant counter other skills like in the begining. Indigestion debuff was nerfed too.
Now is everything pure damage, the game is turning very simple.

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:15 am

Melee Squig got overnerfed no knockdown no charge no damage only fluff dam and our single target damage got nerfed to lol.

chookette

Post#10 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am

is it utopian to believe that an update on the msh makes it more interesting?