Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] BIS DPS Gear Discussion

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
noobwarrior

Re: [Shaman] BIS DPS Gear Discussion

Post#11 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:54 pm

Toggle wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:50 pm Over the past couple of weeks, I have been speaking with various shamans that I know run a DPS spec in game in an attempt to find our "BIS" for damage. I got many, many different answers to my questions. I attempted to put together two different gear sets based on the two lines of thinking that came up over and over during those discussions - a magic crit based gear set and a magic power based gear set. Everyone could tell me why they thought one particular set was better than the other, but nobody that I spoke with had "done the math". So, I gave it a shot. Any and all constructive feedback is welcome.

The Gear

The jewelry (genesis fragment and remnant of the scholar, bloodmoon waaagh beads, and warlord waaagh beads) and weapon (bloodlord waaaghstick) were the same for both builds.

Magic Crit Set - OffSov [5 pieces] (shoulders, back, chest, belt, and boots)/Warlord [3 pieces] (helm, gloves, and jewelry)

Stats [No buffs!] - 985 intelligence, 60 magic power, 37% crit

Magic Power Set - OffSov [4 pieces] (helm, shoulders, back, gloves)/Victorious [3 pieces] (chest, belt, boots)

Stats [No buffs!] - 992 intelligence, magic power 164, 27% crit

The Test

I used the Training Constructs in IC as my test dummies. Each test was performed with no buffs applied prior to the fight (i.e. no pots/liniments, and no pre-hotting for mechanic bonus). I tried to follow a standardized rotation for each fight (I'm human, so I know it wasn't perfect.). The rotation consisted of the following - apply 3 DoTs, brain bursta, waaagh, brain bursta x2, re-apply 2 DoTs, brain bursta until dead. I ran a total of 10 tests for each gear set, and then recorded all of the information given for each fight in a spread sheet (total time, DPS, and highest 3s burst). The results for each of the 3 sections was averaged.

Results - See attached spreadsheet.

Magic Crit Set (10 Test Avg.) - Time 26.69, DPS 620, 3s Burst 5099.72

Magic Power Set (10 Test Avg.) - Time 26.48, DPS 625, 3s Burst 4796.18

Discussion

As far as I can tell, there aren't any statistically significant differences between these two set ups when it comes to doing damage. It would appear that the Magic Crit Set gives you a slightly higher burst potential, and the Magic Power Set gives you an almost unmeasurable edge in DPS. I would like to do similar tests with the various weapon choices that we have access to in order to determine if any of them provide a measurable edge over the others.

Like I mentioned above, any and all constructive feedback is welcome.

https://imgur.com/a/p1dAYiD

Ads
noobwarrior

Post#12 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 am

Hello, I'm the shaman Gdamn and I have to say that your 3sec.burst is very low. But my personal 3sec burst is 11699 damage and I'm 100% sure that I'm holding the highest output on the dummy of all the other shamans..

noobwarrior

Post#13 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:56 pm

noobwarrior

Post#14 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:01 am

this was only possible with warlod setup..

nat3s

Post#15 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:38 am

Yup thought it was common knowledge, Warlord is the best set for dps sham, which is why most people use it in game.

I love my sham, but it's total cheese mode, ridiculously OP at present which is why I just can't face solo roaming with him anymore. Game feels infested with shamans/AM... Although I have switched to regen WH which is equally cheesey.

Preferred the variety of live tbh. Some balance adjustments are needed.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Kurama

Post#16 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:41 pm

Im a stat stacker fan so i prefer 3/3/3
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Toggle

Post#17 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 pm

noobwarrior wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 am Hello, I'm the shaman Gdamn and I have to say that your 3sec.burst is very low. But my personal 3sec burst is 11699 damage and I'm 100% sure that I'm holding the highest output on the dummy of all the other shamans..
I know who you are. I’ve talked to you multiple times in game about it. Appreciate you providing the screenshot, but how long ago was that? What gear are you wearing? Are you using pots/linis? Are you pre-hotting to build up stacks?, etc.

Like I said, the many times we have talked before, I love to discuss stuff like this, but you just keep repeating the same stuff over and over. It’s not particularly helpful to me, and it doesn’t follow the format of my original post at all, so it’s kind of hard to compare to what I’ve already done. Could be a language barrier issue too that’s keeping me from explaining exactly what I’m looking for in this thread and our prior discussions.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Toggle

Post#18 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:38 am Yup thought it was common knowledge, Warlord is the best set for dps sham, which is why most people use it in game.

I love my sham, but it's total cheese mode, ridiculously OP at present which is why I just can't face solo roaming with him anymore. Game feels infested with shamans/AM... Although I have switched to regen WH which is equally cheesey.

Preferred the variety of live tbh. Some balance adjustments are needed.
If it’s “common knowledge” I find it odd that I see people wearing all sorts of combinations in game when I inspect. Would you mind contributing to the thread by testing out the build you’re talking about and formatting it like the first post so that we can make a comparison? I would greatly appreciate it!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#19 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:30 pm

Toggle wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:50 pm
Spoiler:
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been speaking with various shamans that I know run a DPS spec in game in an attempt to find our "BIS" for damage. I got many, many different answers to my questions. I attempted to put together two different gear sets based on the two lines of thinking that came up over and over during those discussions - a magic crit based gear set and a magic power based gear set. Everyone could tell me why they thought one particular set was better than the other, but nobody that I spoke with had "done the math". So, I gave it a shot. Any and all constructive feedback is welcome.

The Gear

The jewelry (genesis fragment and remnant of the scholar, bloodmoon waaagh beads, and warlord waaagh beads) and weapon (bloodlord waaaghstick) were the same for both builds.

Magic Crit Set - OffSov [5 pieces] (shoulders, back, chest, belt, and boots)/Warlord [3 pieces] (helm, gloves, and jewelry)

Stats [No buffs!] - 985 intelligence, 60 magic power, 37% crit

Magic Power Set - OffSov [4 pieces] (helm, shoulders, back, gloves)/Victorious [3 pieces] (chest, belt, boots)

Stats [No buffs!] - 992 intelligence, magic power 164, 27% crit

The Test

I used the Training Constructs in IC as my test dummies. Each test was performed with no buffs applied prior to the fight (i.e. no pots/liniments, and no pre-hotting for mechanic bonus). I tried to follow a standardized rotation for each fight (I'm human, so I know it wasn't perfect.). The rotation consisted of the following - apply 3 DoTs, brain bursta, waaagh, brain bursta x2, re-apply 2 DoTs, brain bursta until dead. I ran a total of 10 tests for each gear set, and then recorded all of the information given for each fight in a spread sheet (total time, DPS, and highest 3s burst). The results for each of the 3 sections was averaged.

Results - See attached spreadsheet.

Magic Crit Set (10 Test Avg.) - Time 26.69, DPS 620, 3s Burst 5099.72

Magic Power Set (10 Test Avg.) - Time 26.48, DPS 625, 3s Burst 4796.18
Discussion

As far as I can tell, there aren't any statistically significant differences between these two set ups when it comes to doing damage. It would appear that the Magic Crit Set gives you a slightly higher burst potential, and the Magic Power Set gives you an almost unmeasurable edge in DPS. I would like to do similar tests with the various weapon choices that we have access to in order to determine if any of them provide a measurable edge over the others.

Like I mentioned above, any and all constructive feedback is welcome.

https://imgur.com/a/p1dAYiD
As for weapons, bloodlord is the only choice... according to your test 1% crit = 11 int = 0.5% dmg, this is in line with other calcs of crit vs int..
Fort staff: +2% crit, +1.5% dmg , -48 int/mp, -5% dmg = 6% less dmg. It does have the 5% 360 dmg proc, but I recon for shammy this does less than 1% of overall dmg.

The SC staff: +2% crit, -24 int/mp, -5% dmg = 5% less dmg. The 6ap/s is nice though :)

Ps. Your image has the numbers switched?
Toggle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm If it’s “common knowledge” I find it odd that I see people wearing all sorts of combinations in game when I inspect. Would you mind contributing to the thread by testing out the build you’re talking about and formatting it like the first post so that we can make a comparison? I would greatly appreciate it!
It's probably 7p warlord + 2p Victorious (body+ring) + bloodlord staff, and would be buffed up (pot, mechanic, toughness+ele debuff, 7p proc and 15% dmg from NBDWAAAGH), on AM that gives about 10.5k 3s burst
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sulorie

Post#20 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:59 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:30 pm It's probably 7p warlord + 2p Victorious (body+ring) + bloodlord staff, and would be buffed up (pot, mechanic, toughness+ele debuff, 7p proc and 15% dmg from NBDWAAAGH), on AM that gives about 10.5k 3s burst
Compared to 5sov+4ranked this would only give you 18 more magic power, while you lose the same amount of intel plus half your crit and a lots of wounds. You gain a crit proc, which doesn't proc on dot application but direct dmg, with terrible uptime.
Ofc when all stars align it gives highest burst, when you don't have to care for defense at all as the target dummy stares at you silently.
Dying is no option.