Recent Topics

Ads

RSH guide

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
chookette

RSH guide

Post#1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:45 am

I'm looking for an rsh guide with spec points, RR, priorities etc. Would an old forum guide do the trick?

Ads
Waaghtastic

Re: RSH guide

Post#2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:13 am

chookette wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:45 am Would an old forum guide do the trick?
Yes. Although there have been some nerfs and (mostly) minor changes within the last year the overall play style and specs stays the same.

* mobile kiting spec: quick shooting for crit tactic & red tipped arrer + big shooting for finish em off → RoR.builders - Squig Herder
* stationary glass cannon spec: big shooting for poison arrer & quick shooting for knockdown and heal debuff → RoR.builders - Squig Herder

It starts getting fun with vanq+ / rr50+. Depending on your play style BIS is some mix of sov/warlord/sent/triumph. Some play with full WS or go full crit%/WS (BS cap is always required). I mostly run sov/sent/triumph for BS cap, 9k+ hp, ~59% armor pen and around 25% crit chance with blood lord bow and fort spear.

chookette

Post#3 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:50 am

Thx a lot.

the amor bypass tactic is not more interesting than a big shot ballistic tactic?

Ashoris

Post#4 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:57 am

Waaghtastic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:13 am
chookette wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:45 am Would an old forum guide do the trick?
Yes. Although there have been some nerfs and (mostly) minor changes within the last year the overall play style and specs stays the same.

* mobile kiting spec: quick shooting for crit tactic & red tipped arrer + big shooting for finish em off → RoR.builders - Squig Herder
* stationary glass cannon spec: big shooting for poison arrer & quick shooting for knockdown and heal debuff → RoR.builders - Squig Herder

It starts getting fun with vanq+ / rr50+. Depending on your play style BIS is some mix of sov/warlord/sent/triumph. Some play with full WS or go full crit%/WS (BS cap is always required). I mostly run sov/sent/triumph for BS cap, 9k+ hp, ~59% armor pen and around 25% crit chance with blood lord bow and fort spear.
minor nerfs is the only thing you mention while at the same time he got a ranged KD while movin :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Gladiolix

Post#5 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Ashoris wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:57 am
Waaghtastic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:13 am

minor nerfs is the only thing you mention while at the same time he got a ranged KD while movin :)
I recommend rather using silence against casters and disarm against melee. The short 2sec KD only if those two fail and you need to kite. It's too short to really burst anyone.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Stinkyweed

Post#6 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:06 pm

Armor bypass is (x1.25) not (+0.25), so a 40% base becomes 50% (not 65%).
Every bit of armor pen is good, but need to play with your build to figure out what works best for you.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Chisakilla

Post#7 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:41 am

Hey,
can you say something about the rotation?

1) How do you act in RvR?
2) What skills do you start with? Where is the focus?
3) For me, it's hard to find the right rotation with all the skills.

Thx.

Sofong

Post#8 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 am

which squig to use nomally? seems spike squig is better dmg wise, but i really like the range increase pet, 65fts with all the gap closers in game seems very dangerous.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#9 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:38 am

Sofong wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 am which squig to use nomally? seems spike squig is better dmg wise, but i really like the range increase pet, 65fts with all the gap closers in game seems very dangerous.
Really depends on the situation but this is my usual goto:
- quick shooting: spiked squig is default because of the +crit and autohit while moving.
- big shooting: in this specc I am more of a glass cannon and therefore I usually prefer the gas squig which allows me to stay further away and play more safe
Chisakilla wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:41 am Hey,
can you say something about the rotation?

1) How do you act in RvR?
2) What skills do you start with? Where is the focus?
3) For me, it's hard to find the right rotation with all the skills.

Thx.
1) situational: in small scale rvr action when you have other damage dealers with you I primary act as CC / supporter and finisher. So I keep an eye on the situation, and e.g. silence, disarm or knockdown enemies who go for our healers or try to run away. I keep dots, heal debuff and snare always up on the primary target and have red tipped arrer, behind ya, finish em off & shrapnell arrer on CD (this prio).
2) my usual rotation in small scale is: dot, snare, heal debuff, instant casts (red tipped/finish em off/behind ya/shrapnell arrer), CC (disarm/knockdown/silence) depending on the situation.

That being said. I try to avoid bigger fights as rSH as you are purely single target dps. If you are running a ST grp in zergy situations I try to pick squishy targets on low health and help kill them with heal debuff and then instant casts.

3) It really is. You have manyn skills which are almost all usefull in certain situations and using the wrong one can easily kill you (especially in small scale).

Chisakilla

Post#10 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:47 pm

Waaghtastic wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:38 am 2) my usual rotation in small scale is: dot, snare, heal debuff, instant casts (red tipped/finish em off/behind ya/shrapnell arrer), CC (disarm/knockdown/silence) depending on the situation.

That being said. I try to avoid bigger fights as rSH as you are purely single target dps. If you are running a ST grp in zergy situations I try to pick squishy targets on low health and help kill them with heal debuff and then instant casts.
What about Lots o' Arrer and the castable Skills like Plink and What Blocka?. Are these skills not worthwhile?

Do you activate skills Squig Frenzy before?

And another question about the equipment:
I am currently wearing the "Mercenary Set" with 2x Genesis and Gunbad jewellery.
I have around 1100 War Chrest at RR51.

Should I save up for the Vanquisher Set?
What about the Gunbad Set?
What about the Beastlord Items?