Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa too fragile?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: Choppa too fragile?

Post#11 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:36 am

Deadpoet wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:18 am On live and prior to the patch where some dev gone by now decided he wanted his stealth chars to have the cake and eat it at the same time if you played a stealth class you could kill most anything and not die provided you were smart enough. After the vanish+lose target+ speed burst patch you can kill most anything and not die provided you are not severely mentally handicapped. Such are the joys of WE/WH, a class that was by no means underpowered on live. That is without going into the ranged KD for WE patch and the self heal Buff ( huge for the WH btw). All that justified by the solo class argument and the not being viable in groups or warband argument (you'll notice these two points contradict themselves). And all that while the supposedly solo class is more likely to roam in groups (with other "solo class" WE/WHs ) than any other class in the lakes. Etcetera, too lazy to keep text-stonewalling you guys. So yes, your choppa will always be squishier than your WE, and if you make a black ork tank, for example, any not completely retarded WH will shred him handily or escape if things go just a lil bit south for his liking.
+1 Stealth should be 30 second again and speed buff from Vanish removed. Vanish ignores GCD so its kind of better than normal Charge Mdps get. Stealth is the reason why WH/WE should never get "Charge" and same goes for WP/DOK Dps Melee Healing. Shatter also plays a role in this. Wh/We + Dok/Wp get's Shatter type skills which none of the rest Melee dps gets. WL/Mara + Slayer/Choppa doesnt have Shatter skills and they used to be undefendable back in Live Aor. I remember Having Warlord set for WP had bonus that removed 2 extra effects, For undefendable Shatter that was AMAZING.

Now WP can Healdebuff single target 75% With wpn proc + HD. Live WP HD was 25% not 50% and with 20sec CD instead of 10 seconds. This is a good thing that they buffed it. BUT Dok has its aoe HD Removed few days after Some RoR dev lost to pug wb leader playing dps dok, or at least that is the story ive heard many times=) Very bad change And DD Zealot/RP lost their Aoe HD's as well which definetely wasnt deserved.

Edit: It's bizarre that its so much easier to Self-sustain-melee on heal on WH than its on 2h Wp+Dw Dok. Flowing Accusations makes this possible and feel similar but with certainty self heals unlike Wp/Dok. Oh and Beastlord 6th bonus"10% on Being hit chance to gain finisher point" Is very good.RoR.builders - Witch Hunter With Vindication + 5% Bloodlord + 4 Onslaught 4 Sovereign has 77% + Critical dmg and 40% Vindibloodlord makes this insanely high dmg and self heal because that 40% + dmg works on Blessed Bullets of Purity.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
zgolec

Post#12 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:19 pm

Choppa to fragile? WTH u babbling about?

You know this class role in game?
You know how it is supposed to be played?
You know the utilities and gear and gameplay in endgame?

Solution:
- get to 80, gear up, gitgud
- then come back here and see what nonsense you spit
- talk to some choppas [there a few rly good outta there not that spam 3 button ones] even some guys that run solo 2h and for duels they are pain in the butt
- stop QQ it never helped anyone and didnt change anything
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

normanis

Post#13 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:41 pm

choppa is not fragile. u just need follow rage mechanism
u whant tankinness - les dps go mara.
t1 is anyway place where is most balanced and least balanced place. some clases like dps am/shaman ar gods there
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#14 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:53 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:04 pm One of those threads again. :)
How did you test their durability?
Purely Anecdotal. Compared results, "Basill" the Choppa and "Priscilla" the Witch Elf. You can look up the results to verify what I am saying.

This is not the 10,005th post from some Newb that rolled a Choppa and thought he was playing a tank. I read the description. I didn't charge in there with the tanks. I tried to pick my spots. Generally I would get a kill and be dead right after that. I expected the same results with the Witch Elf to be honest. I was quite surprised how much damage they can take.
here's a T1 advice. if you're witchelf or any other class for that matter, then you DO NOT attack a warrior priest. same goes for if you're WH against DOK. DOK/WP is most OP class of t1, but that build in such a way is unplayable at higher levels. you literally need 5-6 people to kill WP at t1, at least this is what i realized from my time when i was leveling wp...

Sofong

Post#15 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:27 am

as for choppas being too fragile
1. use the wounds tactic
2. pay attention to gear and talis
3. furtile strike at least lv 3
4. manage ur rage

Absinth

Post#16 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:00 am

Simply run 2h build when solo and abuse the healing channel + learn how to manage your rage, if wh channels his main burst onto you click detaunt to loose rage and decrease his damage, rest you will grasp with experience. Not to say that you want to get as best gear as you can at the current time and run fs3 atleast.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Xergon

Post#17 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:45 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:21 pm Does it make any sense for a girl running around in a bikini to have three times more durability?

I started a WE and choppa at the same time. Same level, comparable equipment. The results are shocking.

I find with the choppa already leaning towards toughness, Armor... This goes against the spirit of the class though.

Mind you this is just Tier one. I don't pretend to know how the class plays at cap. If you have a pocket healer, you will surely shine.
https://streamable.com/p9cst0

You just need to know what tools to use and when. You sustain in RvR is your group not much your stats, sure u still wanna go max anticrit and stuff like that but you live as long as you have good tank guard and healer healing you. You can even look on the gear stats and you can notice that a lot RvR gear has actually Toughness in it to improve survival, but to actually notice any difference with Toughness mitigation you need to hit value of 700 and more while remaining decent amount of Armor, which again you class mechanic will reduce by design.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:54 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:53 am here's a T1 advice. if you're witchelf or any other class for that matter, then you DO NOT attack a warrior priest. same goes for if you're WH against DOK. DOK/WP is most OP class of t1, but that build in such a way is unplayable at higher levels. you literally need 5-6 people to kill WP at t1, at least this is what i realized from my time when i was leveling wp...
Don't engage them in melee range, that's it. Since they got their range snare, WP became stronger in t1 but with range damage you can kite and kill them pretty good. The problem is, too often someone wants to "help" and engages in melee range and they can heal back up.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#19 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Spoiler:
Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:36 am
Deadpoet wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:18 am On live and prior to the patch where some dev gone by now decided he wanted his stealth chars to have the cake and eat it at the same time if you played a stealth class you could kill most anything and not die provided you were smart enough. After the vanish+lose target+ speed burst patch you can kill most anything and not die provided you are not severely mentally handicapped. Such are the joys of WE/WH, a class that was by no means underpowered on live. That is without going into the ranged KD for WE patch and the self heal Buff ( huge for the WH btw). All that justified by the solo class argument and the not being viable in groups or warband argument (you'll notice these two points contradict themselves). And all that while the supposedly solo class is more likely to roam in groups (with other "solo class" WE/WHs ) than any other class in the lakes. Etcetera, too lazy to keep text-stonewalling you guys. So yes, your choppa will always be squishier than your WE, and if you make a black ork tank, for example, any not completely retarded WH will shred him handily or escape if things go just a lil bit south for his liking.
+1 Stealth should be 30 second again and speed buff from Vanish removed. Vanish ignores GCD so its kind of better than normal Charge Mdps get. Stealth is the reason why WH/WE should never get "Charge" and same goes for WP/DOK Dps Melee Healing. Shatter also plays a role in this. Wh/We + Dok/Wp get's Shatter type skills which none of the rest Melee dps gets. WL/Mara + Slayer/Choppa doesnt have Shatter skills and they used to be undefendable back in Live Aor. I remember Having Warlord set for WP had bonus that removed 2 extra effects, For undefendable Shatter that was AMAZING.

Now WP can Healdebuff single target 75% With wpn proc + HD. Live WP HD was 25% not 50% and with 20sec CD instead of 10 seconds. This is a good thing that they buffed it. BUT Dok has its aoe HD Removed few days after Some RoR dev lost to pug wb leader playing dps dok, or at least that is the story ive heard many times=) Very bad change And DD Zealot/RP lost their Aoe HD's as well which definetely wasnt deserved.

Edit: It's bizarre that its so much easier to Self-sustain-melee on heal on WH than its on 2h Wp+Dw Dok. Flowing Accusations makes this possible and feel similar but with certainty self heals unlike Wp/Dok. Oh and Beastlord 6th bonus"10% on Being hit chance to gain finisher point" Is very good.RoR.builders - Witch Hunter With Vindication + 5% Bloodlord + 4 Onslaught 4 Sovereign has 77% + Critical dmg and 40% Vindibloodlord makes this insanely high dmg and self heal because that 40% + dmg works on Blessed Bullets of Purity.
Correct me if I'm wrong but heal debuffs don't stack. Only the strongest one gets applied. So really the Fort wep proc is only useful if you're AoE spamming, which the WP has 1 ability to choose from and it requires a SM to be able to spam it. So it's kinda pointless. But apart from that I agree, the fact a WH/WE can be more tanky than a class that can self heal is nuts.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

mix12388

Post#20 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:39 pm

I only go solo roaming with my Choppa and i can manage 3vs1 even 3 wh head on sometimes.
Slot the correct tactics , rr , gear , talis and use your whole kit. Simple as that.
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14