Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] A few questions!

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

[Marauder] A few questions!

Post#1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi,
I'm currently re-trying the marauder, with the hope to finally being able to be decent mdps.
I have a few questions about the class. I'm playing the cookie cutter build Sav+Brut btw (currently 40-27 with full ruin).

So, here's my questions:

1) Should I use Debilitate at the beginning of the rotation?
Pretty much every order I'm focusing try to run away from me. Sure I have other tools to deal with that, but should debilitate be used to prevent people to run away? Or is it just a waste of a GCD?

2) Should I use Convulsive Slashing in my rotation?
The tooltip damage difference between 3 Impale or the full channel of CS is not much, and Impale ignore a part of armor (if used behind the target), which combined with Cutting claw and the Piercing bite tactic sounds amazing. Also, it's a channeled ability, so no AA. That's why I'm not sure CS should be used instead of Impale spamming.

3) What is the standard rotation?
I've searched on other threads, and people seems to not agree on the typical rotation of the ST mara. So pls post your standard rotation, this will probably help me and others too.

Alright, that's it for now.
Last edited by ToXoS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Re: [Marauder] A few questions!

Post#2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:59 pm

I know that if you Are slowed and/ or ur target is running away from you channeled attacks work at a longer range than many other attacks so IT can be useful in that sense.

Shlug

Post#3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 am

bumping as I'd love to see those questions answered :)

IvanP7

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

There is no standard with Marauders. You have the class to adapt to many encounters and fighting any class will take different rotations in consideration.

Also, are you trying to be 1v1 hero here or a warband monster?
Or perhaps Scenario king?

ToXoS

Post#5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:54 pm

IvanP7 wrote:There is no standard with Marauders. You have the class to adapt to many encounters and fighting any class will take different rotations in consideration.

Also, are you trying to be 1v1 hero here or a warband monster?
Or perhaps Scenario king?
I'm trying to play the class optimaly.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Of course you should snare your enemy target to prevent them running away, even though some people will still manage to get away. As for CS, it's not that bad to be honest, but i would probably only use it if i was stuck in brutality(If you for example are shattered from a slayer)

Rotation i would go: Snare-Wounds, Armor, Heal debuff(TOI if you are against a magic caster or kotbs) Could go into to Brutality and finish him off.

LowSpirit

Post#7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

ToXoS wrote:Hi,
Pls post your standard rotation
build
-Thunderous blow (undefendable);
-Cutting claw;
-Switch to Gift of brutality;
-Impale;
-Guillotine.

ToXoS

Post#8 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Alright, I have some answers to provide now.

1) No need to use debilitate, tanks will snare people just fine. Maybe it can have its uses if you're playing solo however. Also, it is better to use mutating release to immune yourself against snares and roots.

2) Hitting 6 times in 3 seconds, Convulsive slashing have a high chance to proc the gift of brutality buff, making up for having no AA. Only use CS on squishies before Guillotine, and after Pulverize. Impale is better than CS only in the case of tanks, or if you're using the Deeply impaled tactic.

3) The rotation can varies a lot, depending on which class you're fighting.
But the "basic" ST one should looks like that: Mutated Aggressor, Thunderous blow, Cutting claw, Tainted claw, Pulverize, CS, Guillotine.
I wanted to add Corruption in the rotation just after Tainted claw. I made some tests, and if I keep Corruption in the rotation, there's no AP left for Guillotine, and MA will expire before being able to land Guillotine.

To that can be added Touch of rot or Touch of instability, and Rend at the beginning to cover the wounds debuff.

If you're using str potion (and you should), keep Ferocious assault for the times you need extra toughness (its str buff will not stack with a str potion).

Ads