Recent Topics

Ads

Need help on gearing high rr magus

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sonataa

Need help on gearing high rr magus

Post#1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:39 pm

right now im full vanquisher, full 3 genesis 3 bl gutslime weapon with int talismans
im hitting well, but i see neutrino using 2 invader 3 vanquisher 4 bl 3 genesis and gutslime, dont know his talismans and rr points XD
actually more magus run something similar, my question is, its better to mix sets like they do? and what talismans and rr should i use, could not find any magus online at high rr, or neutrino to ask xD
thanx

Ads
Nidwin

Re: Need help on gearing high rr magus

Post#2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 am

used teabag crap removed
Last edited by Nidwin on Tue May 07, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

sonataa

Post#3 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:12 pm

ty for the tips. im trying the build i mentioned with lot of sucess, and its not squishy, im looking foward for 4pc invader too for the range, and eventually the full set with 3 genesis 3 bl, dunno if gutslime weapon cause it have low int, but i think i can change on renown and be a little more squishy without futile strike or deft defender, its strange that i see engineers very resilients and hitting like a truck =X, dunno if magus can achieve that too

neutrino

Post#4 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:59 pm

sonataa wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:39 pm right now im full vanquisher, full 3 genesis 3 bl gutslime weapon with int talismans
im hitting well, but i see neutrino using 2 invader 3 vanquisher 4 bl 3 genesis and gutslime, dont know his talismans and rr points XD
actually more magus run something similar, my question is, its better to mix sets like they do? and what talismans and rr should i use, could not find any magus online at high rr, or neutrino to ask xD
thanx
I change around a lot. I can go full vanq for up to 35% base crit with tolling bell lini. (Before using tactic for 15% crit)
I am now using at times 5 piece invader for extra 10 ft and still good disrupt strike through. You'd be surprised at what that extra 10 ft can do with demonic reach.

The high int verse high crit theories is an interesting one, so I play around.

I look at max int builds that hit hard regardless of crits and lower disruptions versus hit crit build that crit more, but may introduce more disrupt.

One of the benefits of Magus is being the tankiest rdps in the game, maybe as much or more than a marauder could be. You can spec yourself to even out tank a tank. However then you're looking at the utility of magus in a complete different direction where you're not looking at huge DPS but out surviving your enemy.

What I see a lot of is players trying to balance dps with tanky specs - going up multiple trees - its like being jack of all trades and master of none spec. I go for 100% in one direction. If you are full glass cannon DPS then stay at full range all the time. If you are tank build, be indestructible. With a guard and moderate heals you'll scare groups with rift. You turn into a garbage disposal against pug WB's.

Magus is a utility glass - it has great abilities solo, but it really shines as a team oriented class. Most of the unimaginative players that don't study comps usually don't understand it, can't play it, and don't see how it fits into group comps.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!