Recent Topics

Ads

2H CHOSEN help

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ekundu01

Re: 2H CHOSEN help

Post#41 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:24 pm

Nkai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:18 pm U need the stats of DC if u want to have a chance to kill low rr healers or slayer or anything....

2H chosen doesn't need a nerf like that in my opinion , it just kill it for me i dont play my rr83 chosen anymore
You don't need the weapon skill if you use the spirit conversion and if you need 140 str that barely adds anything to your damage then you are doing something wrong.
Trismack

Ads
Hitsaaja

Post#42 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Is the guide "Skullgrin" posted on the first page still up to date or have things changed?

chookette

Post#43 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Up

vorchaeus

Post#44 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am

I'd like to restart this conversation as well. My Chosen is r39/rr40 and I'm trying to figure out what a good endgame build might be. I'm willing to go SnB if it's really superior, but I've really enjoyed leveling in a 2H build. I prefer SCs and small groups to massive RvR as well. I guess some questions I have are --

1) Is 2H chosen still viable?
2) If yes, what stats should I prioritize?
3) Should I go for a str/weapon skill steady dmg build? Or crits? Or take that tactic and convert everything to spirit dmg?

All advice/thoughts would be welcome.

Valdred

Post#45 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Up

Tsypher

Post#46 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:44 pm

As a new player, what was the old Daemonclaw effect? How much of a difference did it make in comparison to the current version? is that single tactic enough to not have 2h be viable?

Ekundu01

Post#47 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Tsypher wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:44 pm As a new player, what was the old Daemonclaw effect? How much of a difference did it make in comparison to the current version? is that single tactic enough to not have 2h be viable?
Old Daemonclaw used to give str,ws, and Ini on crit with a 2hander equipped, it synergized well will oppressing blows because that is 15% increase crit chance with a 2hander. Old version was good vs all targets even ones that didn't really make you parry because it was based off crit.

Current version is the same value stat wise based on points spent but we lost the 3rd stat it gave and it now requires parry but the upside is you can use it as 1 handed if you want instead of being locked to 2 handed so i guess that is the silver lining?

The new tactic that converts all our damage to spirit damage is better than daemonclaw for dps, IMO. You can ignore stacking weaponskill for armor bypass and go straight str using that tactic to get the most out of our dps. Unfortunately the new end game sets don't have great stats for dps 2handed chosen using the spirit conversion tactic. If you are not using the spirit conversion tactic you really need ws for armor bypass or else you hit like a wet noodle.
Trismack

Detangler

Post#48 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:01 am

Ekundu01 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:11 pm
Tsypher wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:44 pm As a new player, what was the old Daemonclaw effect? How much of a difference did it make in comparison to the current version? is that single tactic enough to not have 2h be viable?
Old Daemonclaw used to give str,ws, and Ini on crit with a 2hander equipped, it synergized well will oppressing blows because that is 15% increase crit chance with a 2hander. Old version was good vs all targets even ones that didn't really make you parry because it was based off crit.

Current version is the same value stat wise based on points spent but we lost the 3rd stat it gave and it now requires parry but the upside is you can use it as 1 handed if you want instead of being locked to 2 handed so i guess that is the silver lining?

The new tactic that converts all our damage to spirit damage is better than daemonclaw for dps, IMO. You can ignore stacking weaponskill for armor bypass and go straight str using that tactic to get the most out of our dps. Unfortunately the new end game sets don't have great stats for dps 2handed chosen using the spirit conversion tactic. If you are not using the spirit conversion tactic you really need ws for armor bypass or else you hit like a wet noodle.
Not every piece of equipment on invader/warlord/sovereign has weaponskill on it. Just pick pieces from each set that don't have weaponskill as one of the stats on it and you can get full use out of Disordant Winds (coverts all damage to spirit). You won't get all the cool bells and whistles of having 8 piece sovereign, but its still pretty strong.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#49 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:01 am
Ekundu01 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Not every piece of equipment on invader/warlord/sovereign has weaponskill on it. Just pick pieces from each set that don't have weaponskill as one of the stats on it and you can get full use out of Disordant Winds (coverts all damage to spirit). You won't get all the cool bells and whistles of having 8 piece sovereign, but its still pretty strong.
Yea i know i can mix and match sets but with the recent change to invader ring it killed part of my build i was running and also the Warlord set gives a bonus to discord tree and has a ton of WS on it and most of the skills in that tree don't need WS it just seems in an odd place for the chosen because most of the stats on the new sets were just copy and pasted to all 3 tanks. The other 2 tanks are mostly physical damage so the only one that loses out is the chosen if you want to try to do spirit damage instead.

I have done a work around for now but it cost me a bit of gold to redo my talismans again for the 3rd time.
Trismack

thygira

Post#50 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi fellas just wanted to check if 2h chosen can still be a thing? I really like the chosen class and would love to play as a badass 2hander chaos knight.....or are the chosen class in a really bad spot right now? Im only lvl21 and rr20. should i reroll?