Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] 2 Handed Chosen Build Guides, Early to late game

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vegetaplays
Community Management

[Chosen] 2 Handed Chosen Build Guides, Early to late game

Post#1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:27 am

2 handed Chosen when built well can cause a lot of damage, So I have decided to write a guide cause I have been asked a lot what my build is, and how to build it.

If you are starting off early, I recommend doing SCs, Straight up to 40, the gear is off tank focused, And i would slot full strength talis all the way up till you get sov, cause sov is when your wounds take a dip. When you are doing SCs to build up your gear, i recommend slotting Strength focused gear/jewelry until the sets become more advanced as you level from either renown gear merchants or the auction house.
When you finish Merc gear from Officers emblem and start going up into dominator, I do not recommend buying the Dominator weapons. There is a better weapon when you hit 40 Called Hand of malal. Hand of malal is from the Dungeon Bilerot Burrow and Bloodwrought enclave, You run the dungeon 4 times, then trade in the influence weapon for a sentinel soul then buy hand of malal. I recommend slotting a Strength and Wounds talisman in it. (this goes for your 2 handed weapons that get 2 talismans slots). Suppression and Malals Parry proc stacks, so you get a 35% bonus if they both proc, and Hand of malal has great stats + a agony dot proc, which deals up to 450 damage over 9 seconds.

{Parry Regen Spec 40/50 up to 40/80+}
when you finish your Dominator set, I do not recommend getting the Oppressor set, I recommend Going For the Half vanquisher Half Beastlord Setup. Its Specific, but it follows as Vanquisher Helm, Beastlord Shoulderguards, Beastlord Cloak, Beastlord Chest, Vanquisher Gauntlets, Vanquisher Belt, and Vanquisher boots, Beastlord hunting guide (Pocket item), And Beastlord seal (Jewelry.) I Recommend Slotting for your other 3 pieces 3 Genesis. Genesis Fragment, Aspect and Remnant of the Warrior. Continue to slot full strength talismans in gear. Use Armor pots and Toughness pots (such as a 660 armor pot and 80 tough pot).

Before i get onto a Sov build, I should talk about What you should spec into Renown early to late game, Along with mastery points. For Renown, You want to start going into full Parry (reflex's), Then work on Might up to 4, Blademaster to 3, Futile Strikes to 2, Deft defender to 2, Toughness to 2, Wounds to 2. You'll notice when you do that you'll have 3 points left to spend. I went Hardy Concussion 1, Impetus 1, and Resolve 1. Spending those last 3 points is not going to do much, but chucking it into something is somewhat helpful. For Mastery you are going to want to focus on Path of Dread and discord for the build. For path of dread, you are going to go up to Point 14, And buy abilities such as Rending blade, Daemonclaw, Relentless, Oppressing Blows, And Dreadful terror. on the Path of discord, go up to where you can buy and use Quake. I get a lot of tells from people saying They don't like quake, and I get that. Quake isn't a easy ability to get used to. Quake is a ranged stun, but its definitely an ability you have to get used to using unlike something with Downfall in the path of corruption spec, but the usability of quake is required to maximize the use of Oppressing blows, since that buffs your Spirit resistance aura and your spirit damage abilities.

The auras you will be running at this point will be Dreadful Fear, Discordant Ability, and Dreadful terror. These are 3 i recommend until you hit sov. For tactics, You will Run Oppressing Blows, Daemonclaw, Rugged. The last tactic can be swapped with anything such as Flawless armor or Super punt (for group play), or Warped flesh. Warped flesh and Flawless armor is great for solo play, as solo chosen roaming is alot of fun. If you choose to solo roam, I recommend Dreadful Fear, Discordant instability and Corrupting retribution (120 health over 3 secs every time you parry). otherwise stick with Fear, Instability and terror

Now onto Sov build, Sov build will follow as this, it is specific. Sovereign Skullcase of the Dreadsword, Sovereign Shoulderguards of the Dreadsword, Warlord Changehide, Warlord Carapace, Sovereign Gauntlets of the Dreadsword, Sovereign Deathgirdle of the Dreadsword, Warlord Darkboots. For jewelry, Sovereign change gem of the Dreadsword, Sentinel Chaos Seal with Regen talisman (You get this from 12 runs of Bilerot Burrow and Bloodwrough Enclave, and it is an influence piece, no need for trading into sentinel soul), Genesis Fragment of the Warrior and Genesis Remnant of the warrior. OR you can swap the 2 genesis pieces for 2 Pain links of the fleshrenders. I personally run Both Strength and wounds talismans in my gear, i run 4 Strength and 4 wounds talismans in my gear (3 in each gear, 1 each in hand of malal).

{Oppessor unto Full Off-Soverign 40/50 - 40/80+}
Pretty much of what I listed here will be the same as Parry/regen spec, but not as much regen. Go full oppressor and put full strength into it, and if you want, you can grind for The 2 handed Oppressor weapon
Titans Direblade of Anathema, But I recommend malal over it because it stacks with suppression. Same goes for the fortress bonesplit, you can use it if you want, but i recommend malal over it just because of the parry proc. If you choose to get the Anathema axe/ Fortress bonesplit, i recommend a strength and wounds tali slotted into them. Your tactics will be the same as Parry regen spec (Daemon claw, Oppressing blows, Rugged, and the 4th one depending on what the situation is). and the auras will be the same too, along with mastery points and renown. When you get to full off sov, your wounds will still be a little low, I still recommend mixing Wounds and Strength talismans into it. Your jewelry can follow as the Gem, Genesis fragment and remnant of the warrior, and Rough gunbad ruby, OR genesis aspect of the warrior if you so choose.

This pretty much wraps up the guide. If you have any questions either comment on the post or send me a tell ingame /tell Majorzero . Thank you all for looking at this guide.

Ads
facundo7777

Re: [Chosen] 2 Handed Chosen Build Guides, Early to late game

Post#2 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:33 am

Nice guide!!
I talked a lot with Majorzero cause we are in the same guild (Mrox here) and i can confirm that his suggestions are awsome (same as Dahaka)
I can add one more thing especially to new or low renown chosens (cause i know what U can feel now):
IT U are trying to solo roam and sometimes spend a lot of time to grab a single kill while dying a lot and thinking that other classes do IT much easier, dont get angry or frustrated. IT is as it is. Chosen starts shining on sov/wl gear, trust me.

So farm hard even if the road is tough and nice days will come :)

tkova

Post#3 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Can you drop the Masteries and Tactics in there?

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#4 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:50 am

tkova wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 pm Can you drop the Masteries and Tactics in there?
This is what I personally run, RoR.builders - Chosen
But if you are starting to get the grip of 2 handed chosen, I recommend this instead.
RoR.builders - Chosen
Tactic slot 4 should be switched depending on situation, Warped flesh or Flawless armor for solo play, Super punt (Hastened Dismissal) for group play, However you can tinker with tactic 4 if you want.

tkova

Post#5 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:50 pm

Thanks buddy, I thought it was that. Preciate it.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:40 pm

Any way you can give some weapon suggestions between say 30 to 40 when this build starts to take shape? I know Anarchy from the t4 chaos has the same defensive proc as Malal, but it's dps gets passed quickly by others. Is there a weapon in between the 2 you'd suggest?

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm

Nice write up!

99% sure Crimsonwind (SM version of Malal) proc doesn't stack with EF (25% parry) or WoDS, so doubt it does with Suppression.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

ashton007

Post#8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm Nice write up!

99% sure Crimsonwind (SM version of Malal) proc doesn't stack with EF (25% parry) or WoDS, so doubt it does with Suppression.
That’s what I was thinking, only real point is for the 10% dodge and disrupt, no?

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:54 am

ashton007 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm Nice write up!

That’s what I was thinking, only real point is for the 10% dodge and disrupt, no?
Still very nice for parry when your parry buffs are down, it's a little insurance against Shatter Enchantment.

And very good on SM since we don't want to spam our 4 sec parry buff all the time, despite it having loads of WS.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Stahn123
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 am

It stacks from Anarchy, which is the exact same proc rate/duration as Hand. There's no reason to expect otherwise. I tested it on a combat dummy in K8P and got suppression and Anarchy buffs to be up giving me about 65% parry at around level 36.