Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Question

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DeathDriver

[Chosen] Question

Post#1 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi,

I am new to RoR and I was wondering if there is a sequence you should be using your abilities as Chosen to get the most damage out of them.

Again I am new to RoR and don't know that much.

Thanks in advance.

Ads
Gravord

Re: [Chosen] Question

Post#2 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:46 pm

DeathDriver wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:36 pm Hi,

I am new to RoR and I was wondering if there is a sequence you should be using your abilities as Chosen to get the most damage out of them.

Thanks in advance.
Short version: Tooth of Tzeentch into Relentess. If you expect it will take more time on the target you can extend it to: opener Blast Wave, Seeping Wound, Touch of Palsy (if target is not in Champion Challenge) followed up by Tooth and channel.
Make sure to keep target debuff at all times too with Blast Wave, Dizzying Blow, Withering Blow, Sever Blessing - they are not exactly hard hitters but they help your actual dps get the job done.
Overall chosen dmg is medium for a tank, without really good spike burst. What you provide is excellent cc, buffs and debuffs with just a bit of added dmg to dps in your team.
Last edited by Gravord on Fri May 13, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathDriver

Post#3 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:48 pm

That's great thank you.

sharpblader

Post#4 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 am

Gravord wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks in advance.
Short version: Tooth of Tzeentch into Relentess. If you expect it will take more time on the target you can extend it to: opener Blast Wave, Seeping Wound, Touch of Palsy (if target is not in Champion Challenge) followed up by Tooth and channel.
Make sure to keep target debuff at all times too with Blast Wave, Dizzying Blow, Withering Blow, Sever Blessing - they are not exactly hard hitters but they help your actual dps get the job done.
Overall chosen dmg is medium for a tank, without really good spike burst. What you provide is excellent cc, buffs and debuffs with just a bit of added dmg to dps in your team.

Wouldn't it be better to use Relentless first then Tooth of Tzeentch?

With some timing, if tooth is used right before end of channel, your auto attack will go off and immediately proc the tooth damage for a little more burst in a shorter window.

Gravord

Post#5 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:33 am

sharpblader wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 am
Gravord wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't it be better to use Relentless first then Tooth of Tzeentch?

With some timing, if tooth is used right before end of channel, your auto attack will go off and immediately proc the tooth damage for a little more burst in a shorter window.
In context of teamplay you kb guard and kd target just before. Giving Tooth first spikes your whole team 3s burst on kd.

DeathDriver

Post#6 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:46 pm

Also just wondering I am still doing only 11k damage at rank 17 is this correct or have I messed this build up?

Gravord

Post#7 » Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm

DeathDriver wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:46 pm Also just wondering I am still doing only 11k damage at rank 17 is this correct or have I messed this build up?
Varies from sc to sc, nothing about your build on such low level. As 17 you play vs 16-39 characters, vast majority will be higher level and gear than you.

DeathDriver

Post#8 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:12 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm
DeathDriver wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:46 pm Also just wondering I am still doing only 11k damage at rank 17 is this correct or have I messed this build up?
Varies from sc to sc, nothing about your build on such low level. As 17 you play vs 16-39 characters, vast majority will be higher level and gear than you.

I thought as much as a lot of my hits are either blocked or absorbed.

Ads