Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] How to rift effectively - guide

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [Magus] How to rift effectively - guide

Post#41 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:25 am

Sorry to come across rude mate. Just there's a reason why only one type of magus is needed in a group. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for new comps.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#42 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:49 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Sorry to come across rude mate. Just there's a reason why only one type of magus is needed in a group. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for new comps.
I don't agree with this peterthepan3 and I would like that we, as a community (big happy waargh family) could get rid of this kind of attitude for once and for all.

A Magus does bring more than just chaotic rift to a group if the group is willing to take a member of the happy waargh family, who wants to play his/her Magus, in.

No argument from my side about the Magus doesn't fit in the ultimate 6-men l33t BoysBand, champions of the world, who can even stomp any kind of real Pros, including a team of devs to show for once and for all how OP BW actually are. :roll:
There are very specific 6-men setups, the ultimate ftw ones, and the Magus doesn't fit in it. Sad but true.

To my knowledge, none of the Magus that I know of were taken in thar group because and only for chaotic rift. And I'm talking about Neutrino, Warpes, Ackeron and companie who have played their Magus till Badlands closed. We did lose a couple, looking for greener grass, but anyway.

In all the years that I've played I was never, ever being explicetly told or asked to be just a freaking rift bot with one specific spec. And finding a group to run around with, if I didn't want to solo, was never an issue.

We, Magus, do have a lot to offer in group play, even if patch after patch we did see the nerf bat most of the time. Chaotic Rift can be a very strong ability and is a great asset but that's not the only thing we have to offer.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

peterthepan3

Post#43 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:53 am

Rr100 any class can shine, mate. All the dudes you listed were rr100 and ran fully supported most of the time . could provide decent ST assist later on in the game, but nothing a sorc or sh couldn't provide but much better.

Magus did provide some other stuff but nothing that would warrant any more than one.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

kok

Post#44 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:56 am

Sigimund wrote:
footpatrol2 wrote:You make disolving mists important in the open by stacking your group in the mists.
Mist was very important tactically. I used to stand my WP in it so he could not be staggered :twisted:
You get setback while casting in Mist.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Bozzax

Post#45 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 am

Nidwin wrote:
In all the years that I've played I was never, ever being explicetly told or asked to be just a freaking rift bot with one specific spec.
That doesn't mean there arent groups/guilds that put a lot of effort in finding the best comps and specs (maximizing). FUSION and p3 who was generous and shared his knowlege/opinions are maxers.

So both of you can be right depending of context. Still to set up a maxing magus comp without rift/aoe simply isn't meaningful as there are other RDPS that outshine @ burst or kite
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Nidwin

Post#46 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Rr100 any class can shine, mate. All the dudes you listed were rr100 and ran fully supported most of the time . could provide decent ST assist later on in the game, but nothing a sorc or sh couldn't provide but much better.

Magus did provide some other stuff but nothing that would warrant any more than one.
Yes, we were all rr100 but that wasn't @ creation of our Magus. As for being fully supported, may be it was because all of us were able to show that the Magus wasn't as useless as some claim. As I wrote above for the uber ftw 6-men, forget about the Magus, sad but true. But also forget about the Squig, forget about the shammy, forget about the Black Orc and BG and so on and so on. We both know what those BoysBand setups actually are and there's only a spot for a handfull of toons with a very specific build, gameplay and that's it.

I'm not claiming that you have to take a crap load of Magus in groups or warbands. And no, I didn't. :P
I was just writing that a Magus has more to offer than only being a riftbot to a group if you aren't looking for the ultimate 6-12 men setup. I was just responding to your claim that the only reason to bring in a Magus is because of Chaotic Rift.

peterthepan3

Post#47 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 am

Aoe dmg - sorc
Resist debuff - chosen
KD - Ok, but mara too
Heal debuff - aoe zealot
Stagger - not very effective in large rvr

Nidwin

Post#48 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:14 am

This forum hates me it seems. :evil:
Last edited by Nidwin on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#49 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:14 am

Bozzax wrote:
Nidwin wrote:
In all the years that I've played I was never, ever being explicetly told or asked to be just a freaking rift bot with one specific spec.
That doesn't mean there arent groups/guilds that put a lot of effort in finding the best comps and specs (maximizing). FUSION and p3 who was generous and shared his knowlege/opinions are maxers.

So both of you can be right depending of context. Still to set up a maxing magus comp without rift/aoe simply isn't meaningful as there are other RDPS that outshine @ burst or kite
P3 is very generous and I appreciate his gesture. (joke of course and no offense meant from my part)

Agreed here if you're looking for a burst RDPS Sorc or a kiting RDPS squiggy, don't ask for a Magus. We do have a burst Single target rotation but Sorc and Squig outburst us.

And if you want to max out you just don't go for a rift aoe bombing in the first place.

Bozzax

Post#50 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:21 am

But in what other roles would you build a group around/with a magus? (Exception possibly role playing or pippos tanky cc engineer)

Ofc he can furfill other roles in a semi random comp or a 'family/friends' comp
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7