Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] How to rift effectively - guide

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Koryu199X

Re: [Magus] How to rift effectively - guide

Post#71 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Interesting, do you use agonizing torrent? I've heard that its very anti witch hunters. For my single target spec I used the close quarters, daemonic contract, daemonic withering and endless knowledge tactics. The rotation was baleful, withered, then up close with perils of warp, blue fire, violet fire and finishing with bolt of change. It was mostly geared to dealing with melee like dps warrior priests.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#72 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Agonizing is a must. It's pretty much the same spec I use for rift (first page) for PBAOE DPS.
Thing with close quarters ST is that it's decent on paper; but once you're hit by melee, you're dead. Also, to get the ideal burst rotation you need 3+ abilities hitting at the same time which you just can't really do in CQ (the burst is predictable, and avoidable).

For me if you wanted to kill stuff as a Magus in ST you need to get bolt, svf and soi all hitting at the same time which is only made possible by using the flight time of bolt to your advantage. nice spec tho

Koryu199X

Post#73 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks, that's pretty much how I did it in live. I'd practiced my rotation so much I could do it blindfolded, it worked well but I did use a lot of strategic placement to maximise the effect as well. Only a handful of players in my experience worked out my spec. I never had much trouble with melee but my renown was defensively specced to keep me up long enough to finish the fight.

ToXoS

Post#74 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks to you peterthepan3!
Yesterday I tried for the first time to play as a rift magus.
Thanks to this guide, I made some kills 1vs1 really easily.
Can't wait to try it with a group!