Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] 2h Chosen?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: 2h Chosen?

Post#21 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Aplification only works if you have a healer backing you up or you pop it when you know your going to get focus healed and as a healer my heal priority will be to keep up SnB tanks before 2h dps ones and in a party on one will pick a 2h chosen over an SnB one.

Also its an M2, its not always going to be up when you need it

Ads
Shadowgurke

Post#22 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Camoran wrote: Nice video m8! Really inspired me to slot Raze as my m2 and remove Sever Blessing from my hotbar. And who needs Crippling Strikes or Rending Blade amirite?
You really think the slotted morale is the issue here? :P

Gobtar

Post#23 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Aplification only works if you have a healer backing you up or you pop it when you know your going to get focus healed and as a healer my heal priority will be to keep up SnB tanks before 2h dps ones and in a party on one will pick a 2h chosen over an SnB one.

Also its an M2, its not always going to be up when you need it
Sure, but getting pinged by a group heal will pop you to full. If you are going into a SC with no heals at all you are going to have rough go of it.
Likewise a SNB tank wont need very much upkeep. It doesn't matter what you are on really, being focused without heals will mean you die.

If the 2h Chosen is slotting FO, then sure, fine kinda impossible to keep up, but right now there is no real reason why a 2h Chosen shouldn't have rugged or FArmour in. a 500 Toughness 33% Parry Chosen is still a durable tank. A tank that is much easier to keep up then a focused DPS.

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Bretin wrote:viable is relative. 2h chosen is by no means bad but also not ideal under certain circumstances.

ps: i like how Aggy took Raze over Tzeentch's Amplification. spin2win much, huh? :D :D :D :D
I think Raze is esential for the Destruction morale dump, especially in t3 were you don't really have acess to anything else.
Moast people can't get the idea out of their head that it's the dps that should drop the killin morales. While tanks should buff the dps so they can kill. This is not the current case for Destruction.
Also CS, stacks with Challange, it also Stacks with Sorcs m2 for a total of 65% DMG reduction. 6-8 tanks that Spins2win is ALOT of dmg, more then 2 WP can outheal actually. Add Sorcs and Choppas Bomb dps on top of that.

Gobtar

Post#25 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:48 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: I think Raze is esential for the Destruction morale dump, especially in t3 were you don't really have acess to anything else.
Moast people can't get the idea out of their head that it's the dps that should drop the killin morales. While tanks should buff the dps so they can kill. This is not the current case for Destruction.
Also CS, stacks with Challange, it also Stacks with Sorcs m2 for a total of 65% DMG reduction. 6-8 tanks that Spins2win is ALOT of dmg, more then 2 WP can outheal actually. Add Sorcs and Choppas Bomb dps on top of that.
I don't believe this is true.

Bretin

Post#26 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 pm

yes i agree with Modimor and want to add that stacking raze is not obvious and very hard to avoid if keyturning and backpaddling properly

Guldendrak

Post#27 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Honestly, 2H Chosen are completely viable and can be very useful for the team. Dont listen the players who says the opposite.

Do you know that a 2H chosen has more chance to save a party player in an urgency than the snb one ? guard + taunt + debuff damage can help more than just guard + taunt, and this can save your team mate. Your team mate will take less damage, cause the shield is only for the tank and not the others (if you are not using hold the line).

A 2h chosen, is viable, but you need to play it in a different way :
First : don't try it in T3 before the lvl 31. Without rending blade, and a minimum of stuff to raise your crit rate, you will just be a useless 2H tank. With the new renown stuff, you can have +24% crit (+15% from tactic, +7% with the duelist armor and +2% from the blue weapon)
Second : 500+ in tough is a must have. You have to make a mix beetween str and tough.
Third : raise your parry with your renown points.
Fourth : you are a offtank. you are not the one who go first in the middle of fight (or only if you are the only one tank and has many healers) but you are still a tank. Guard is still one of your most useful skill, with a good parry and nice toughness you will have no problem to be often the last one to be killed.
Fifth : a snb tank is here to disturb the ennemy and use all his skill for it, to keep a single point, or to jump in middle of fight. A 2h chosen is normaly here to play as a duo with a dps. Your role is to help a dps to to resist of course, but to kill his target.

With my chosen, I have no problem with 2H, and my resistance is still really good, even if I don't use the toughness aura. I often assist marauders and choppa and we don't die as easy.

To give an answer about morale, the morale 2 amplification is imo a must have and above all if you have a dok in team who chain the aoe healing skill. It can be use as an defensive skill or an ofensive one. With a good group, clic on the morale, jump in melee, and help the team to push.

Imo, both template snb and 2H are fun to play, and players who says that 2H chosen is not viable, are just players who still try to play it as a main tank, or play it as a pure dps with a full strengh build.

A dream team is 2 tank, 2 heals, 2 dps. Have one of the 2 tanks with 2H is imo the good way to go. You will often need this little more dps. And if RVR, rending blade with the crit debuff is usefull for everyone, not only your team.

Gobtar

Post#28 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Guldendrak wrote: Do you know that a 2H chosen has more chance to save a party player in an urgency than the snb one ? guard + taunt + debuff damage can help more than just guard + taunt, and this can save your team mate. Your team mate will take less damage, cause the shield is only for the tank and not the others (if you are not using hold the line).
While I don't disagree with what you have said, in T4 SnB with Destined for Victory or equivalent available, group benefit of a SNB chosen or BO will skyrocket. Immac Def will save the party in those clutch moments more than CS will.

Ads
Bignusty

Post#29 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:03 pm

I playing mine full gear (juts miss the weapon) like that :

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 790:4791:0:

Full duellist whit 2 strengh talis / 3 Toughness talis

And it's a good way between Offensif and Survivality build.

Bretin

Post#30 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Bignusty wrote:I playing mine full gear (juts miss the weapon) like that :

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 790:4791:0:

Full duellist whit 2 strengh talis / 3 Toughness talis

And it's a good way between Offensif and Survivality build.
running a 2h?